Another 1st Impressions post

• First off let me say that I am using my laptop to run FS 2 and not my usual high spec Pc, so my 1st impressions will reflect that.

The UI is very pleasing to the eye and easy to navigate, the initial setup before going flying is relatively easy. My 1st attempt at using the flight planner wasn't that easy however. When moving location from US to UK no airports were visible no matter how close I zoomed in, just the map, so placing a departure airport was nigh on impossible. That aside, I just went flying from an in air position.

Although I did setup my flight controls before flying and went through the whole calibration settings, when flying my throttle went to 100% only at half the travel distance of the lever, thereby making the slightest movement of the throttle give exaggerated results. Again, I'm not using my usual kit (Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X instead of my Warthog) so I'll reserve judgement on that side of the sim.

Overall impressions are good, as this is the early access version and can't wait for the full release.

ps Thanks to Frooglesim for his video review, I was going to wait to buy FS 2 but after seeing his video made me buy it straight away.

:cool:

Takeoff is optional......Landing is MANDATORY