No Aircraft Editor in Standard Version?

• Greetings,

New to this forum, and RC 7, but not new to RC (4x4), or simming (Prepard3D, DCS World).

I jus bought the Standard Steam version of RC 7, but I see no Aircraft Editor options menu. I did read the online manual on the Steam product page before I bought the Standard version and I dont see any remark that the Standard version has no aircraft editing capabilities, nor did I find any note or remak in the comparison page, or anywhere else on the site.

Can someone tell me where it state´s that "the standard version dose not include aircraft editor" on the manual or the website?

Is the aircraft editor only available in the Pro version and above?

Thank you!

• Hi,

As mentioned above, get in contact with the support, they can probably help you out.

My personal opinion on the aircraft editor:
    From my past years of working with the Aerofly series and creating own aircraft, changing existing ones I never found good use for the unbuilt aircraft editor. Sure its nice to have it but you can do so much more when you edit aircraft outside the aerofly. And its not really more difficult than in the editor I think. You just have to know where to edit the text file that defines the aircrafts physics.

Cheers,
    Jan

Regards,

Jan

• Hi Jet-Pack,

Thank´s for your help and opinion!

It´s not that I want to create a unbuild model from scratch at the moment, I would not even know where to start probably now. One of the reason´s I bought RC 7 is beacuse it seem´s you can match your electric motor specs (in this case) and among other things, to the one´s you own in real life. So I found this interesting and thought it could be usefull too, within the overall Standard version options.

Right now I have set some expos and DR on my Joystick, and as a beginner I find it helped out. The same apply´s with "Axis fine tuning" in a sim for us that have been in a virtual acrobatic team, it works the same but witout the ability to switch programs. This is not new to me, so I find it also help´s here. As I would think that matching component´s could be of help too, and one of the actractions that brought me to buy it.

Sure I could edit a flight model file as you say, and have done in FSX/P3D, but that´s not the scope of the question. It´s nice that you can do that, but in my opinion users should not have to know how to do that either, unless they really need too.

To make it short, I think that generaly what we look for is, good dynamics, and models as close to replicas can be. It´s hard to tell when all you have (in this Standard version), is some info, on some aircraft as to what they are, eg: motor gas/electric both. In some case´s, you have to see the model in-game in order to judge if it´s gas or electric. As per the manual, with the Aircarft Editor, at least you can see more specs regarding the model you´r flying in RC 7, so you get a better idea of what you´r flying, and if it´s as close to your real life model can be, it´s easy as that and no space science needed, I think. That´s the main reason I bought it. That´s IF the Standard version has the editor, of course.

It dosent show up on my menu and support is on it, I think.

Good care,

Mike

• Hi,

Just found out I can´t load user made content either. I tried with a C182 from the user content forum here, copied the C182 folder to my user/documents/rc7/aircraft folder and it dosent show´s up on the aircraft list. Same happens with scenery.

Maybe there´s a issue with the Steam Standard version...

Did try with Steam´s local file integrity check and all seem´s well on that end.

Care,

Mike

• Thank you Jürgen!

That´s what I found odd in the first place.

Regarding user content, there´s nothing on there "Compare" page. I haven´t checked the manual, but would not be suprised if that´s missing too.

It´s just misleading in my case...

Let´s wait for support to get back to me. Don´t forget some people are on vacation!

Care,

Mike

• Hi!

Well, support got back to me today...

"Aircraft Editor is only available in the Pro Edition"!

I just bought a Spektrum DX6i without Rx yesterday, reason for that is I do want to get into this hobby! Will folow up with a BNF or order type plane in a near future. I knew I was going to like this so its no surprise to me, but Iam and old "fox" and do my homework first always before I get into things.

The reason why I say this, is that I don´t see "honest" politics behind Ikarus right now as a new user! I consider that this information should be UPFRONT! You dont wait for a new user to ask for something that you already know but have hidden somewhere, or not! I don´t even think that´s leagle! Mind you, I well let Steam know about this issue ASAP. Unfortunatly I went over Steam´s refund period, but have I known this before, I would have asked for a refund for sure, or would have bought the Pro Edition from start!

Apart from the misleading information which I think is done intentionally just to sell more on Steam (being the joypad compatible the sellingpoint), this Standar Edition is just NOT worth it! In my opinion, 40€ for 30 aircraft´s, 5 scenarios and wind and key config options is expensive! This Standard Edition as it is, is more like a demo! Let´s say I deicide I want a full version now, that´s 40€ SE, + 99€ PE, + 44€ connect kit for a grand total of 183€! Really?

You have FREE sims that do the same and more! See "PicaSim" for example! Now if you want to use your Tx, ADD another 44€ for the connection kit, that´s 84€! The numbers just don´t make up for this Edition. Sure that maybe I can run my Tx with "SmartPropoPlus", but if I want to go with the Ikarus way, it´s 84€ for a demo like sim.

Honestly, for the price I rather go with Phoenix which for 120€ you get everything you need to fly there sim with no downgrades. If I look at the Pro Edition of RC 7, it´s still more expensive (144€) then the competition.

Bottom line is that, don´t like the politics behind this scheme, It´s the sort of thing´s they used to do in the 90´s, and I just don´t think the price justify´s what you get! Especially in 2016! It´s clearly aimed to get kid´s attention on Steam! I don´t consider this a serious option for someone how has plans to get into this hobby! Unless there money grows on tree´s!

I have removed RC-7 SE from my hard drive, and will inform Steam about this. Sorry for Ikarus but I will move on to other dev´s in my quest for the sky´s in the future!

Thank you all for your help and attention, very kind of you!

Good care, and safe flight´s!

Mike