Posts by Jet-Pack (IPACS)

The electrical switch, bus and starter are all there already. I think the issue is that the Magnetos assignment only sends step increments. But for a starter button you need a continuous signal that is held active.

Oh no, I just realized the autopilot disconnected won't work. It's only momentary not held active for some reason.

Yes Controls.Lighting.Taxi or .Landing should also work for testing.

Everything is possible. For AI traffic were also talking several months of work to get it right. That is without stutters, with realistic routes, maybe animations, modeling the AI traffic aircraft etc.

I don't want to sound all negative here. These are certainly nice features, they are just not 'easy' to implement. And it can't really be done incrementally, it has to work first, then you can think about publishing.

I am software developer and there are good libraries that you can use to send data over internet. I don't believe it's that hard at all.

These libraries don't make the aircraft appear in our rendering engine though. And they have to work on all platforms reliable.

E.g. we have to program it correctly to avoid any loading stutters when someone joins the session and we have to reduce the amount of data that is sent.

If we do add multiplayer it's not going to be a quick "let's grab this and that library to get it working asap for this specific application". When we create a multiplayer we want it to be able to handle ideally 100+ players just as well as a single aircraft (shared cockpit) or have one PC compute the physics and others display the graphics. Getting these core functions working reliable on all of our different platforms is what will probably take the most of the time. Regardless of the library used.

So the next simple idea is to take broadcast data from your friend pc and show his plane inside FS so this way you can fly together. Not too difficult to implement for devs but great value for the players.

I thought the same but nothing involving networking is a simple task. If you start programming you'll understand why.

Personally I'm not a big fan of small instruments with huge amounts of data cramped into such a small space. There are also many visual effects, gradients, vibrant colors and other "goodies" which I think mostly distract the eye and don't make this particularly user friendly. I really have to strain my eye to read out the heading, airspeed and altitude.

E.g. compare the typical vertical speed indicator in the lower right. That has one needle that is easily identifiable with a large enough scale so that you can read the text. Now compare that to the barometric altitude setting in the attitude indicator. Tiny font size, cyan on a gradient background on a moving attitude indicator earth/ground plane. I'm already sure I would have to lean forward to read that in turbulent conditions. Another example would be the selected heading and course. Why not move them all the way into the corner? Who profits from that small tiny corner on the map and that gradient background behind the selected heading? :D

If I had to develop a instruments like these I would probably not add transparency and would try to avoid covering up some of the information by more important information. E.g. I would separate the airspeed and altitude areas from the attitude indicator with monochrome background. And I would probably put the ILS needles on the center of the attitude indicator, much like the F18 heads up display.

The navigation lights are directional. By design they don't shine into the wrong direction. That's why you can't really see the lights at the wing tips in real life unless there is something that reflects if, like a cloud or the ground.

A question the boeing 777 was designed by the ipacs team? Why did I read in this forum that the airbus 320 is that of aerosoft in both the pc and mobile version. Is that true?

We sometimes purchase existing 3D models from other companies or make contracts with 3D design studios. Our A320 model is based on the Aerosoft Airbus X Extended but our model has obviously had many many changes applied to it over the years. Also our texture system is quite different, so there is barely anything "original" at this point in time.

I would like to see you develop a simulator or any other game at a quicker pace than we are doing. Once you get it working on Win PC, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS at exceptional frame rates then we can compare how long it took you... :P

We are actually working really fast for the size of our team. We're not a 100 man crew though and we like to focus on a good quality. A lot of customers like products that just work out of the box without headache and which are easy to use. Aerofly does that while also providing great visuals, exceptional performance, great physics and more.

The F18 has a g-limiter now, like in the real world. It allows you to fly +7.5 and -3.0 gs. In the old Aerofly FS 1 you could easily pull 30gs if you wanted to. That was not realistic at all, so the new F18 behavior is much more realistic. There is no setting to turn it off. In the real aircraft you can override the g-limiter to some degree but you run the risk of loosing the airframe.

Will the features come to Aerofly fs 2020 mobile or there will be a new fs

We are working on all platforms at the same time, since they share most of the code base. We will need to do extensive testing but then we can also publish an update to the existing Aerofly FS 2020.

I'll ask if we can include more A320 liveries.