Posts by Jet-Pack (IPACS)

I'm going to add a more detailed update-log to the forums shortly, probably later this day.

Short summary for the lj45 (out of my head):

- added source selection for the autopilot and with that the different modes when pressing "NAV": FMS, VOR; as well as pressing "APPR": FMS+VNAV, LOC+GS

- changed flight director pushbuttons to clear only (as it sais in the manual of the aircraft I have)

- corrected the basic modes to be ROL and PIT

- added FLC speed profile and FLCH high speed profile

- corrected: VS always synchronizes, IAS always synchronized with "SPD" engagement

- added: MACH hold and mach toggle on PFD

- added 360° turning capability when turning hdg knob left or right by more than 180°

- added: deselection of modes possible (click button again): returns to basic modes

- added: autopilot inhibited as long as there is a yellow warning... currently this loops around itself and is the only thing I can think of that causes troubles. But the disconnect warning only triggers when the autopilot disengages on its own or is set off and is only active for 5 seconds: AP FAIL. During AP FAIL you cannot reengage the autopilot, you have to wait 5s. At least that is how I interpreted the manual and that is what I simulated.

Well the thing is there is one advanced autopilot that can handle all of the airliners. So the one autopilot is the new and updated thing and it supports pretty much all needs for all of the airliners. Now the LJ45 can be flown pretty much by the book, here is an abstract of how to use the AP (if it finally decides to engage on your computer):

To display the flight director and select a mode press any of the mode key on the autopilot panel. E.g. press "HDG" to select the lateral heading mode. This will also select the basic vertical mode: pitch hold. By pressing "FLC" or "V/S" or "SPD" you can select the vertical modes flight level change, vertical speed or indicated airspeed hold, this will select a basic lateral if none was selected before.

When the selection has been made you can either follow the flight director manually or set the autopilot on and make it follow the flight director guidance.

When you want to disconnect the autopilot click the autopilot master again or use the autopilot disconnect pushbutton (assignable in the controls). To clear the flight directors press the left FD and right FD pushbuttons. (Or right click either to automatically clear both sides).

Note: the FD buttons are clear buttons, they cannot engage the flight director.

Would you like to hear about the different modes as well?

I mean this can easily end up in a tutorial and we plan on writing those for the airliners soon.

To capture an altitude in the LJ45 you don't have to do much. When you climb in SPD, FLC, FLCH, VS or PIT the flight director will command the altitude capture.

At any time during the climb or descent you can interrupt the vertical path by pushing ALT to instantly level off, even if you are away from your selected altitude. To continue the climb or descent select a vertical mode again.

but, if is just a few of us, the corrupt files sounds like a good possibility.

Yeah, I really have not the slightest clue what is causing that. I mean you could try and delete (or move) the LJ45 folder as well as the b737 folder and then check integrity again to redownload them.

For debugging purposes: can you please answer the other questions as well? E.g. peripherals in use... Thanks

Hi,

The Q400 had the new engines that required more work on the physics side, helicopters require even more work. The thing is physics simulation have to be done by the headquaters at IPACS because that is core simulation stuff and that requires at least one of the two main programmers to stop their work and focus on helicopter physics, e.g. transitional lift, vortex ring state, etc. The wash of the rotor on a helicopters does a lot more because it's directly aimed at the ground, aircraft prop wash is tangential to the ground most of the times, so we could neglect some ground interaction there...

So it may be faster to create another aircraft instead of a helicopter because we could do that without much interaction with headquaters. As with 3rd party developers Andreas and I can create aircraft on our own by now, apart from different physics like helicopters are.

The Q400 sure has a lot to offer right now. I don't know if it really has the most features, by now we have reached a point where actual real world differences matter. I think the LJ45 and A320 are also quite well advanced, C172 is also very complete but the real one also has not that many features.

In terms of consequences of your clicks I think the Q400 wins the internal competition.

Hello Jan,

In the Lear, I am using a mouse to click on the AP button to engage in the VC mode, mouse Click on NAV to attempt to engage, I do not get the expect green light on the AP but I do get a green light on HDG and NAV. ASEL works fine, VS works fine. Will not capture ALT when ALT in pressed with a mouse click.

Regards,

Ray

Will snap some panel screenshots later. I am downloading scenery right now.

Thanks. I'm sorry but I still don't quite get in which order you press which buttons and what the autopilot does or does not do. It sounds like you can engage the autopilot in V/S mode or do you want to engage it like that? When the flight mode anunciator is blank and you press "HDG" and then "VS" does it change to "HDG" and "VS" on your PFD? What happens when you click "AP" on the autopilot panel with your mouse? Does the AP disconnect immediatly, are the current modes maintained or do the modes change?

Where are you testing this? West coast, east coast, Switzerland, North Pole?

The ALT key, to my knowledge (I think I read it in the crew operating manual) does an ALT HOLD function. You press "ALT" to command an instant level off, maintain the altitude at the time the button was pressed.

How, what why? I'm very confused right now since in all my testing I never has such an issue and there simply isn't a reason why just the LJ45 and B737 should not work.... (And can somebody please answer my question above?)

Where are you flying? What kind of devices do you have connected (e.g. analog pitch trim?), do you use any external panels, e.g. some autopilot-panel?

How are you taking off or getting into the flight situation (use the location dialog to set position on runway or mid flight?)?

I tested it again, public beta channel, lj45 and b737 both work absolutely fine. With F/D on or off, in air, normal flight attitude and speed.

It does not work with the Copilot overlay, that I can confirm. The overlay needs updating and a known issue right now.

Now that is very strange, haven't heard that issue before.

How exactly are you trying to engage the autopilot. Do you use an assigned key or button or do you manually click the autopilot master in the cockpit with your mouse. What modes are indicated at the top of the PFD, maybe post a screenshot of that here, that would help me.

Jetjockey10 : sorry I forgot you already have a bit of experience there :)

Yes Orbx has no influence on how their scenery is rendered in Aerofly. They can't magically make flickering disappear.

Now it's a little bit reversed I think, because IPACS probably has no access to the FTX shop. The Aerofly engine was changed and removed most of the shimmering problems. Just in FTX central the scenery add-on wasn't updated yet but it probably will be soon. Please be a bit patient. There are easily 300 other airports in Aerofly that you can use in the mean time. Doesn't have to be Innsbruck, try Reno-Tahoe international for example.

Fingers crossed the update on FTX Central will be out soon!

Thanks, well I really love this airplane. I think it turned out great and I enjoy sitting back and just flying with it. It has quite a number of cool features that you don't get from an A320 or a Boeing and that makes it so unique to me.

Prop management in the Q400 is not very difficult: For takeoff set 1020 RPM. At about 1500ft after takeoff set 900RPM for climb power. When reached cruise level: set 850 RPM. And in the approach phase set 1020 again. The closer you are to the ground the higher your RPM gets. Easy as that.

You could customize a bit more but you really don't have to. It's totally fine if you fly it like I just wrote.