Posts by pmb

If you seriously are into developing addon contents, you might ask IPACS. They already have a prerelease version of the SDK which they sent to interested 3rd parties for evaluation.

And on your last question - I am afraid the names on the closing credits just are it. IPACS certainly can't be compared with ACES & their heirs. They even more need our support to get better known.

Kind regards, Michael

From my point of view, database-generated world-wide airports would be a very good start. As Jan states, just runways would be a 100 % improvement already. Depending on availability of data a tower and, perhaps, a terminal or hangar would be nice, but even without these I'd applaude any success.

As this is a new design, IPACS should be clever enough to make these updatable instead of hardcoded aka FSX & Co.

Given the limited capacity of IPACS I understand high-detailed aiports should be left to 3rd parties (with possible exceptions they just want to do themselves). And, yes, I am well prepared to pay for good addon aiports (as long as there's a proper orthoimage surrounding them allowing VFR).

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks guys, much acknowledged, "3" was what I was looking for. Mapped to a button now.

And btw., I've seen numerous simulators come and go since 1990, but this one is two thumbs up. I only hope IPACS will manage to fill the missing links in time. I'm well wiling to invest into it should IPACS and/or 3rd parties provide proper DLC.

Kind regards, Michael

Here's something very simple to realize. Just by accident I detected there are excellent English/German language manuals available from IPACS under

http://www.ikarus.net/en/manual-aeroflyfs2/

http://www.ikarus.net/manual-aeroflyfs2/

I did find several points I overlooked so far. May I suggest providing these as pdf with the simulator and perhaps place a hint after installation? This might answer some support questions in advance.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Could you give me a hint how to get into HUD mode? I tried the C172 yesterday, and there are four panel views to cycle through only, 2 with high/low panel view and two actually from the outside(?).

Kind regards, Michael

Hi,

I missed some hints on further development of 3D extended structures like Autogen/OSM in the roadmap. This is no objection, there have to be priorities, however, I would like to see a perspective on how this will be developed. I mostly fly VFR and rely on a decent 3D depiction of cities.

Will this be tackled after initial full release or will it be left to 3rd parties after release of the SDK (given this provides possibilities to add such structures)? Any initial ideas how to proceed with this?

I just saw that AeroflyFS2 hit the 70% - mostly positive - limit on Steam for the first time. While this might go down and up again, it's certainly a nice success.

This is the way to attract fresh blood for Flight Simulation.

Kind regard, Michael

Here' something supposedly easy to implement. Would it be possible to have a view mode out of the front windshield without panel at all? This might be handy just for enjoying the scenery, plus if you have a hardware panel (I have one which I hope to be able to use at some point when the Saitek panels will come to life). FSX has this mode. It could be added just to the cycling of view modes. You could still read off flight parameters from the top info bar.

Another point: I find ICAO codes etc. on the Moving Map hard to read as the letters overlap partially in dense areas. Zooming might help a bit, but doesn't remove the issue.

Third, I find head movement via the coolie hat (Saitek Yoke) when panning too quick.

I completey agree to your statements. This a a huge chance for IPACS, even more, as AeroflyFS2 is getting quite good press now. In addition, I feel your list makes much sense. I would add:

7) Add some kind of OSM and/or Autogen3D buildings

8) Add moving structures (AI planes, cars...)

I don't expect AeroflyFS2 to become king anytime soon, however would wish it a respected place and following besides the well-known titles.

Kind regards, Michael

That's a general question. Given 4 seasons means 4 times the numer of orthophotos, I am not sure this should be a high priority goal. At least, I can say I would see several things with much higher priority (Autogen, fully clickable cockpits, Saitek Panels...) from my point of view.

Kind regards, Michael

Better slow and good then rushed and ugly!

While I see your point, there's a counter-argument. AeroflyFS2 got quite some recognition and favorable reviews during the last days (including critical points, of course). If IPACS will wait too long, interest will vanish, there will be no new buyers. i.e. no income cash stream, less resources and further delays, leading to a downward spiral.

I would suggest making rather small and often updates, notably for issues which can be resolved (or features which can be added) quickly, but, yes, these have to be well-tested in advance indeed. This would also allow progress report in blogs, fora etc. now and then (which I'd gladly contribute to) and keep present and potential users interested.

Kind regards, Michael

I think a good strategy for scenery areas might be to expand connected regions. This way, beginning from what we have, you could go to the North to Vancouver and to the South to the Mexican border. That would be a VFR paradise.

Based on the Switzerland scenery transferred into AeroflyFS2, you could expand to include Germany and Switzerland or alternatively Italy and/or France.

Btw., I read there are issues with OSM data in the US. Perhaps you might get the group from VFR France involved in some way. They have a lot of experience with excellent Autogen on top of photoscenery (they call it 3D Automation, while their progrss is slow, the results are excellent).

Kind regards, Michael

Hi,

just saw the stunning AeroflyFS2 video on Facebook. I suppose AeroflyFS2 PC will work with the Saitek Cessna Yoke and Pedals. However, will it support the rest of my equipment, i.e.

Saitek Cessna Trimwheel, TPM, Switch, Radio, Multi Panels, and Flight Instrument Panels (FIPs)?