Posts by psionmark

Do we know which versions are the updated ones for e.g. Switzerland and Northeastern US? The Aerosoft site shows the version number, but not sure which ones relate to this latest update.

And yes, I do agree it would've been nice to have known it would delete all this beforehand.

@psionmark: We need to check the installer again, why it removed Switzerland and Florida. But those packages need an update also which is currently being sent to Aerosoft. Please give them a few days until the updates are online. In the mean time, you can reinstall Switzerland and Florida and it should work fine again, even though it will run better with the updated versions.

Thanks for the info. So probably worth holding back and waiting for the updated scenery? Should I also reinstall the update to the main app when that’s available or do I just need to reinstall the scenery?

Firstly, many thanks for this lovely update - the 135 in VR is quite possibly my new favourite flying thing :)

One thing, though - some of my scenery is now no longer showing on the map, namely Switzerland and Florida. It looks like the photo scenery is there, but not the airports.

Other scenery , such as the wonderful freeware Hawaii, LOWI, TrueEarth Netherlands all looks okay, though.

Any ideas on how to get back the missing stuff?

Hi gang,

ORBX are holding a 40% off Election Special sale for US products - this includes their 4 US airports for Aerofly FS2.

No affiliation with them, but I have all 4 of these and they're excellent - terrific fun to explore with the R22.

https://orbxdirect.com/category/north-america/afs2

If you can only get 1, I'd recommend Meigs - both for the historical Flight Sim element, but also for the fun of whizzing around all those lovely skyscrapers in VR :)

I keep dabbling with all the other major sims out there. Some are great, some are not so great. But, I always end up sticking my Rift S back on and heading back to FS2, and that always puts a BIG smile on my face.

There's simply nothing else out there that has such immersion and is such FUN to fly :)

Looking forward to the new update for the DVD version and the added helo fun.

My only wish is that more people knew about you guys and bought into it - mainly because that might drive more add-ons. But, I'm happy with what I have and for that, a big THANK YOU to all the devs, third party devs and awesome freeware devs.

Thanks, I sent a help request email.

Port 4242 didn't work? If not, worth checking in OpenTrack:

Under Input, it should be set to "UDP over network", then click the spanner icon to the right of that - that'll show you your port number that you'll need to enter into the app. At that point you should be able to tap Start in the app, Start on OpenTrack and the Octopus should start moving when you move your head :)

I tried it and I have no wiggling octopus indication. Is the 5555 port (in UDP over network) a sensible entry?, I did the long command prompt entry.

I have only a vague idea what the ports are about.

I think my firewalls are now open.

I put an opentrack exclusion in my PC’s Deepguard virus scanning program.

The port for mine was 4242 - think that's default as I don't remember changing it.

Hi gang,

I've been having a play with SmoothTrack, a new iOS app released yesterday, that provides Head Tracking with only an iPhone/iPad (I think Android is coming, too) and the free OpenTrack software. I got it primarily to try with "that other sim", but I'm happy to say it also works a treat in FS2. It only currently works with certain iPhone models, so check the requirements beforehand.

It's currently half price until the end of the month. I paid £4.99 and it's at least as good as my £85 TrackHat and I don't need to wear a hat or mess with the lights and curtains in the room.

I've no association with the dev, just wanted to spread the word.

Agree with all the comments re VR. It knocks spots off any multi/wide monitor solution I've ever tried.

Also agree with the comments re Oculus/Facebook. My current Rift S will be my last Oculus device, unless this decision is reversed, but that's no problem. Other options are available.

Unlike most flight simulators, the Aerofly FS2 is easy to get started with (Plug and Play). Yes - you can even let the co-pilot complete and show you a flight from takeoff to landing. IPACS knows what they are doing - and they are doing it in their own way. We do not need more of the same (FSX / FSX-SE, P3D, X-Plane) - but rather something unique. :saint:

This is one of FS2's main strengths for me. I do like other sims, but I also spend a LOT of time faffing about with them rather than "flying". Sometimes, like last night, for example, I'd spent about half an hour messing with settings in another sim and thought I'd just fire up FS2 for a spot of flying in the R22 around the wonderful freeware Hawaii - and I ended up with a big grin on my face. And that, surely, is what it's all about? Just enjoying it. If you're not enjoying it (FS2, or anything else), stop and go do something you do enjoy :)

I know I harp on about what's coming next as much as the next person (probably more) but I am learning (slowly) to just go with the flow and enjoy what we have right now. Anything we might get in the future is just a bonus.