Posts by psionmark

Hi all,

I've recently downloaded the GB Cultivation (https://flight-sim.org/filebas…?entry/540-great-britain/) by IZOJUB, but I'm not entirely sure where I need to install it.

I've currently got it in scenery/addons in it it's own directory within that, but I'm not seeing any "cultivation" when flying over GB scenery I've generated with AeroScenery. Am I understanding what "cultivation" is in this context correctly? I was expecting to see autogen scenery on top of the ortho-scenery - is that correct?

Thanks,

Mark

That looks amazing and pretty much just what I’m after 😄 Many thanks, I shall check out the video later.

For me it's actually a fun challenge. I try to memorize the maps and features, from either maps, or satellite maps, before hand, and then fly them. It creates a sense of realism (when flying without GPS was a thing), especially in warbirds and even jets.

I never fly with navigational aid. The most cheating I allow myself is bring up labels, not always helpful either if one doesn't know which city is where. I've gotten significantly lost at times. But then figuring out where and why and trying again is fun (to me).

Very different challenge in the US west, US East and Switzerland. In the west US I've come to a point where you could drop me almost anywhere, I take on some altitude and I know where I am and which way is which.

I still get significantly lost in Switzerland and US East, more exploring is in order, yay!!!

I guess it is somewhat the feeling the ancient navigators would have had.

Yep, agree that’s totally a fun thing to do as well 😄 I like both depending what mood I’m in 😄

Hi all,

I’ve seen this mentioned a couple of times but wasn’t sure if anything had changed recently.

How do you tackle navigation in VR? I’ve just started using VR (and it’s awesome in AF2), but I’m struggling somewhat to find my way around.

I’ve tried the trick of mapping the HUD toggle to a controller button - that works to a degree, but isn’t ideal.

I have FSWidgets Map on my iPad, but it breaks the VR barrier having to remove my headset to check it. I can sort of see a tiny bit of the map out of a small gap at the bottom of my headset lol but again not ideal.

Any other hints or suggestions?

Regards,

Mark

The Lat/Lon reference is at the bottom left corner. It is kinda awkward but most search engines give you the location of an airport using those coordinates. Find one then hold that heading and mouse to the crosshairs.

The fsWidgets QuickPlan has the airport search function along with the DirecTo feature but, you have to know the ICAO identifier.

I appreciate you can do that, but I find it somewhat astounding that this most basic of functions isn't built-in.

It's stuff like this that makes people avoid the sim and treat it as toy. I hasten to add that I don't have that viewpoint, but I can definitely see why some people do.

[ducks to avoid things being thrown in my direction]

The X-Plane implementation seems pretty spot-on, e.g. “Here’s an old but workable set of Navigraph Nav Data. If you’re happy with that, cool and enjoy your flying. If you want something more current, you can subscribe to Navigraph”.

You don’t have to store credentials or anything like that - I’m almost certain Navigraph would be happy to auto-insert their data into your sim as they do with every other sim/add-on that supports it. The more the merrier for them.

From your comments above, I’d say you’re over-thinking this - a workable solution already exists for you.

I think Jet Pack means only a small minority of the flight sim world knows what Navigraph is. Of all the buyers of (for instance) FSX maybe 5% know what Navigraph is. The people who participate on forums like AVSIM simply are a small minority of the people who own a flight sim. In the dedicated die hard sim world Navigraph is indeed the de facto but that doesn't change the fact that most virtual pilots have no idea what it is.

Yep, totally agree. But for those that care about Nav data (which is what the OP seems to want, as do quite a few of us), Navigraph is at least one of the obvious choices. Those simmers that aren’t really all that concerned with Nav Data and just enjoy the flying won’t care whatever solution is implemented. So, why not just implement a well known system for those of us that do care enough?

We want to offer a solution that works for all of our customers and only a small minority of users know what Navigraph is. We need one consistent navigation database across all of our platforms to allow new features like new approach procedures or shareable user-defined routes to work on all of our platforms.

I’d beg to differ regarding “a small minority” - Navigraph is pretty much the de facto for the sim world. Why re-invent the wheel?

Thank you so much. :thumbup:

Is it possible to get Just Flight's airplanes compatible with Logitech / Saitek Pro flight radio panel (such as AFS2's default airplanes) :?:

The radio panel is working fine for me, however they do seem to be switched around, e.g. if I change the frequency for Nav 2 on the Saitek panel, it updates Nav 1 in the sim but, apart from that, works a treat. Also mostly working with the multi- and switch panels.

Hi Rob,

Yep, that’s what I was getting at. With the Nimbus connected, there’s no way to access the autopilot settings etc as it’s all hidden.

Could this be added as an option in a future release? This really does detract from an otherwise almost perfect mobile flight simming rig. Last night I was flying FS 2019 on the iPad Pro, with the Nimbus controller and FSWidgets GMap on my iPhone and it was pretty damn cool, I must say. The only thing that spoilt it was the overlay disappearing when using the Nimbus...

Hi all,

Sorry if this is FAQ, but I couldn’t find any references to it anywhere.

When I use an external controller with Aerofly FS 2019 on my iPad Pro, the overlay with the buttons for the autopilot etc disappear.

How do I access that functionality when using an external controller? I’ve tried all the controller buttons etc (and in the process discovered those for the flaps etc!), but nothing seem to bring back the overlay.

Regards,

Mark Avey

Hi all,

Is there a definitive list of download locations for the DLC scenery for the non-Steam PC version?

I've found a couple on the Aerosoft site, but all the Aerofly Wiki links seem to point to Steam for the free stuff.

Regards,

Mark

But you've reduced the update cycle to zero, e.g. no updates at all. Don't use the Mac App Store if it's not suitable for your needs. Does the Mac App Store not use incremental updates as iOS does? Genuine question - I know iOS apps only download what's required when updating, not the full package. But in either case, I'd rather download the full package say once a month for updates than simply have no updates.

Also, the switch to Metal was very well publicised, so should've come as no surprise.

I don't understand why it won't handle current DLC if it's "exactly the same"?

I'm not trying to be awkward, I simply don't understand. If it's "exactly the same", I'd expect to behave in exactly the same way as the Windows version. That includes being able to drop a folder of scenery into it and for it to work, "exactly the same" as the Windows version does. If you can't do that (which apparently we can't), then it's not "exactly the same".

I appreciate OSX has a different file system, but ultimately it's a bunch of files in a folder structure, so how come it doesn't work? Given it's "exactly the same".

And you could very well argue that, as you "haven't provided a version upgrade path yet for the Mac version", it very much is a watered down port.

If you sold it along the lines of "This is all you're getting now and for the foreseeable future - please don't expect this to be expandable in the same way the Windows version is", that'd be a different matter. But you don't.

Hi Jeff,

In that case, I would respectfully refer you back to the product announcement, specifically "This new version will be equal to the PC version so don't expect a watered down port, expect the same experience that PC users are currently enjoying."

We Mac users most definitely do not enjoy the same experience that PC users are currently enjoying and, from your response, there’s no guarantee we ever will.

Please therefore advise how I can obtain a refund for the product I purchased based on the description provided, which I only now find out wasn’t in fact correct and which may never materialise as advertised. Or, alternatively, how I can exchange my current Mac version for a Windows version so I can use the application to the potential described in the above product announcement.

Regards,

Mark