Posts by Overloaded

Seeing that no one has responded to you here is my impression for what it is worth. I never had an Air, they were the high spec ipads before the Pros and they had better graphics in the first mobile Aerofly such as AF2 as I think it was called.

The pros have a significantly more powerful gpu than the airs which is most important in Aerofly. ‘Admin’ in the 2020 crashing at SFO and Denver thread said that they will adjust the ipad Aerofly settings vs device specs in January but he was responding to a problem with a base model ipad so it might not affect an air or it might have a setting between a pro and a base device, I’ve no idea.

There are three adjustable graphics settings in the android menus. The equivalent allocations are automatic for ipads, I suppose the pros would certainly get the highest graphics quality settings. With android, lower settings dump fine details at airports and in aeroplane exterior views, cockpit views are the same. The low graphics setting reflects how lacking in performance the cheaper android devices are, the cheapest ipad would be superior.

In 2020 android the differences I noticed at SFO between high and medium graphics were more parked planes in high graphics and in medium graphics absent load pallets and ground vehicles. Dusk/dawn lighting looked the same.

My 9.7 pro shows detail like that in the high of android. Perhaps you could have a look at SFO on an Air? The resolution of the ipads you mention is the same.

The Aerofly 339 can receive TACAN in VOR mode, TACAN mode does not work.

Here is a TACAN only approach into March airbase.

This table or calculator shows the civilian use VHF frequency selection to receive DME from a TACAN station. The Aerofly 339 treats this as a VOR-DME. Channel 77 works on 113.00 MHz on DME equipment.

The Aerofly 339 on finals to March with the converted channel 77 TACAN giving track guidance from 113.00 on the VOR receiver. The DME unfortunately gives the distance to Palmdale!

61 nm from March to Palmdale.

The Aerofly 339 with 113.00 selected overflying Palmdale VORTAC with zero DME indicated.

It seems that the Aerofly TACAN feature relies on treating the DME capability of the TACANs as if they are VOR-DMEs and the TACAN receiver is a cosmetic VOR-DME receiver. The Aerofly F-18 can receive VOR-DME only beacons using the conversion table, for example Fellows on 117.50 as channel 122.

25 Jan 2020. Jan has written that the 339 DME will work if the VOR frequency is also dialled-in in the rear cockpit.

The Wiki iPad page doesn’t mention a 7th generation GPU for your iPad, it might be some sort of oversight. If it is perhaps an older chip it might still work fine if you avoid extreme combinations such a trying the Dash 8 and complex weather and dawn/dusk and a super detailed airport and tuning in all the nav aids and having the HUD on and running a route all at the same time, 2020 seems to be very demanding.

Thanks ‘Admin’, I tried that and it didn’t help. But... I used my (Asus) graphics card gaming booster program which turns off ‘Windows services and processes’ and it got both FS2 and FS1 working again. It also does system memory clearing and defragmentation which might not be relevant.

Perhaps it was a Windows or virus software change.....

The Steam error report with FS1 was ‘51’ which I looked up and saw it means Suspended. The ‘3: etc’ for FS2 is supposed to mean No Connection.

Perhaps some sort of interaction might have been expected?

Thanks Very Much for replying over the holiday

It turns out that DeepGuard virus software was doing this. I excluded AEROFLY_FS_2.EXE and all became well.

Is there any offline option?, I’ve had three Steam ‘updates’ today and FS2 will not start. I got Steam Error, application load error 3:0000065432. Two reboots and steam/FS2 update lookups have not helped.

What On Earth (!) are the endless Steam Updates about?, is it simply some sort of piracy prevention procedure?

(Beta, unable to look up the version number)

Yeah I was trying to hold 132-133 knots but small pitch changes hit the speed big thanks to the short wings, reaching for F12 to take a pic or two is a distraction.

Thanks for the ADF tip Jan and Merry Xmas to all in Tübingen.

Is the ILS channel selected supposed to go out?, it can be hard to know what the upfront controller is up to. Here is Homestead Florida and the TACAN and ILS have the same ident.

Does the ADF work?, I tried VHF VOR transmitters but got nothing on the HSI.

Thanks Jan, I tried the post MAX centre pedestal electric trim disconnects which clicked and opened but didn't seem to do much else. I’ll try the 777 overhead switches but the equivalent 3 in the 320 didn’t seem to cure that Airbus.

The 777 doesn’t seem that bad in manual flying once the auto-trim dead flesh feel has been anticipated.

OMG the 777 elevator trim is contaminated with Airbus! Just got the iOS app store working and tried the 777 and I thought it was poke the Aerofly CoPilot in the eyes time again but no it is auto-trim in a Boeing,

the horror,

the horror. I looked it up and it is the way it is.

The low cost airline pilots remember their hard won performance A qualification and know exactly how dangerous it is to float down far past the calculated touch down point with the cabin at 100 percent occupancy and with multi leg fuel on board onto what might be a minor airport short runway with adverse wind and with less than perfect braking action.

A safe greaser in a large plane is just a reduction of the descent rate with no trace of a float.

Great news Torsten and Jan, thanks, could you consider the cockpit brightness, the 2019 P-38 is dark in daylight so seeing lever positions is difficult, the clicking three position 737 overhead dome light selector doesn’t seem to do much so in proper darkness seeing the parking brake, spoiler handle and minor controls such as transponder and pitot heat switches is a real struggle. A working dome light is nicer than a permanent glow as in the PC 737.

Yup, LV was shown on mobile a couple of years back and would certainly be welcome - Vegas and the Grand canyon. I just think it starts to lack a bit of variety after a while. One of the reasons the Swiss scenery is so popular - the contrasting landscape with green hills, snow capped mountains etc.

An Island region would extend this contrast as would NY which is also a well know region for many.

Sorry if you live there but I'm sort of sick of Aerofly desert.