Posts by Spit40

That's a pretty awesome tool. Do you have plans to add more taxiways, jetways, etc...?

I'd love to have an easier tool as this one to make the ortho textures. The current one is a bit complicated.

Yes, as the documentation says this is just v1.0 and little more than a beta

I think there may be little or no elevation data up there for our airports to be grounded on. I made Kirkenes and got the same result. I would really love it if we could get all of Norway with good elevation data. Norway and Italy are where I daydream about owning my own charter airline lol.

I would agree with that. My system knows nothing about the elevation, relying on auto-height, so it must be built in elevation issues.

1) no we can't simply add stereo sound. Actually it is impossible to have stereo sound sources in real live, stereo comes from your two ears, so we don't need stereo sound samples we need a sound engine that outputs stereo sound, which, as mentioned before, will require major changes to the sound engine, not as easy as playing a stereo sound.

Thanks for clarifying this. I know it doesn't provide the same eye candy impact of VR hands but I bet it would add loads to a VR experience. Does blacksmoke55 have the source data/audio I wonder? I know that's been an obstacle you've flagged up in the past.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you're working on this on the quiet and that when we get some 3rd party aircraft they'll come with audio upgrades.

Just downloaded. I've only installed the c172 so far, but i can already say this is well worth 10 quid. Taxiing around the airfield is much more interesting now with the variation of engine noises. I see from the rtf that this is 22k mono. Stereo would be so much nicer. Does it need to have fancy 3d spatial functionality Jet-Pack (IPACS) or can a stereo be done more simply?

Also it would be great blacksmoke55 if you can do some tmd file tweaks too and incorporate new sound triggers. Flaps please in the c172.

Especially in VR with the resolution compromises we currently have, additional sound immersion would really help a lot.

Please use this thread for support questions for FSCloudPort. So far there have been quite a few good points raised by people starting to use it but the feedback has been given via private conversations to me or others helping me. I have closed down a lot of conversations today and encourage people to send feedback here so that others can see it and benefit from answers given publicly. Glowing praise is of course very welcome ;) but so is criticism or improvement suggestions. This is v1.0 remember and, as the documentation says, should be considered a beta. We could have kept FSCP under wraps until we had finished a lot more functionality, but we felt it was at a level that a lot of people could benefit from already, especially with smaller airports.

Please also be aware that the way FSCP is designed, the cloud is not actually storing a completed airport, but the data points of that airport. As FSCP improves the download quality of the airports, based on the same data, will improve. Runway numbers for example. Also you can always edit and add features. So in many ways all the airports are work in progress - I might add a note to each page to set expectations to that effect or give authors a second space to explain where they are up to if they wish.

Finally if you are posting requests or areas of weakness here's the major items development list we already have for future versions:

1. Cross-over runway solution
    2. Runway numbers, landing markings and additional decal options
    3. Alternative runway textures including grass
    4. Taxiways, aprons, extended thresholds
    5. Cultivation
    6. Improved runway lighting and approach lighting
    7. A footprint to show the true size of a static aircraft
    8. Additional objects
    9. Bulk downloads

i agree that's how i see the user interface. The tricky bit is incorporating those sections of asphalt into the model. We need some modifications by Ipacs to make that possible.

Buildings rotate by +/- 1 degree so you should be able to align them.

Oh wow, this is really impressive! Excellent work. :) As it grows, consider offering the airports in batched downloads grouped by their regions. One could download, say, the airports in northern France and easily install them all at once. And then when the download gets updated with new and modified airports you can just re-download and overwrite.

Thanks. Bulk download is high on the request list.

FSCloudPort

• Web based easy airport builder for creating and sharing airports via the cloud
    • As easy as using Google Maps, just point and click
    • Already 650+ airports in 100+ countries you can download and fly right now

EDIT 4/4/18: If you want an account to create airports, first download the documentation then ask Spit40 via a conversation (video shows how). The support thread for fsCloudPort is here.

Here's a quick overview video - example screenshots and full documentation below

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Screenshots

I'm looking forward to seeing what others can create

Documentation

In the Downloads > Scenery section

aerofly.com/community/filebase/index.php?file/97/

This is how I do it. I have this script in my AC3D folder in a TCL file in the scripts folder

Code
    proc desktopTCL {} {
    set filename "C:/Users/PHDULTRA/Desktop/tcl.tcl"
    source $filename
    doTCL
    rename doTCL ""
    }
    add_tools_menu_item "Desktop TCL" desktopTCL "Desktop TCL"

Whenever the procedure desktopTCL is called it loads and refreshes the script in the tcl.tcl file which sits on my desktop and then runs the script doTCL which is in it. That way I can keep tcl.tcl open in notepad, tweak the code in doTCL and just call desktopTCL using the method from before to run my latest code.

TIP: Look at the code inside the tcl folder in AC3D - all menu function avaialble in AC3D seem to be defined there. Its how I worked out how to do some things. ac3dmenu.tcl is particularly good. AC3D navigation seems to be built in TCL.

I have no more documentation. It was pure trial and error and asking questions on the forum which were always answered by Andy. I only use a few commands too.

I found a way to test/develop which doesn't involve reloading ac3d. Not telnet and not interactive but pretty quick. I'll post it when i'm at my PC.