Spit40 Professional

• Male
  • from Cumbria, UK
  • Member since Sep 7th 2016
  • Last Activity:
Profile Hits
  • Phil, tried getting on fscloudport a few minutes ago, wouldn’t accept my valid IPACS username (aarneson) and password. Strange, as I downloaded 3 airports a few weeks ago. By the way, this is really sweet! Thanks. Arne
  • Any way you can allow us to type a rotation on the objects?
    • Interesting idea. It doesn't fit with the way the system is built though. If you put this on the support thread we could discuss it.
  • Great job!
  • Hello,
    I live next to Bordeaux in France.
    I would like to create 5 or 6 airports in the south-west of France but I can not connect to FSCloudPort.
    However, I am registered on Ipacs since I am writing to you now.
    I hope you will be kind enough to help me.
    Thank you and congratulations for your work.
    This will allow Aerofly FS 2 to progress or even impose quickly.
    Sincerely,
    Michel
  • Hello Spit40 I would like to get the account setup please.
    Steam ID kgentry77
    Thanks
    • Can you send as a conversation. I need my pc for this, only on ipad just now, and i may forget. thanks.
    • Actually no problem. I see your request as a PM. Will do when i'm at my pc later.
  • can I get a FSCloudPort account please? patkaser on Steam and pkaser here. Thanks in advance
    • Hi, I will reply via a conversation. Ask again if I forget please as I have requests coming in via different channels at the moment.
  • Hi. Would love to. Might have to play it by ear though. We have a houseful of guests leaving in the morning and then more arrive later in the afternoon. I'll drop you a note tomorrow if I get some free time otherwise the w/e maybe.

Phil
  • Hey Phil, I’m off this week. You still looking to do some formation/multiplayer?

Cheers!
  • Phil,
    Thanks for the two X-simulator posts, I will use info on my 2DOF.
    I don't have any problems with DCS 2.1 - VR. It looks good and not fuzzy but I purchased directly from DCs and did not use Steam. I have a new rig (i7-7700K, Liquid Cooled,32 GB, 1080TI, 1GB SSD, 4GB HDD,T/M Warthog Hotas, Saitek Rudders) and the Ocuclus CV1 gives a good VR picture. DCS has extensive single player missions and multiplayer sites with many players, using both modern jets or WWII fighters and some of them are really good aerobatic combat flyers.
    My favorite flight sim for real VR eye candy is IL2-Battle of Stalingrad with the Battle of Kuban. Battle of Kuban has hands down the very best terrain visuals of all the flight sims, FS-2 is OK but can't compare. Multiplayer and single player combat is available for all the IL2 versions, Battle of Stalingrad, Battle of Moscow and Battle of Kuban. The only objections to the IL2 series is that it doesn't support a motion simulator and all flight controls are executed with the joystick and the planes are WWII models. However, it has waves with whitecaps on the ocean, realistic looking forested mountains with stone cliffs and snow caps, flowing rivers, ships with AA that will shoot you down in a flash if get too close, tanks, trains, and trucks to kill and of course aerobatic combat with AI and multiplayer opponents.
    Either DCS of IL2 is very enjoyable and I fly both. Cliffs of Dover is a WWII flight sim and supports a motion simulator but doesn't support VR at this time.
    Jim
  • I am interested in your G-Seat, and have some questions. Can you send me an email when you get a chance? MrRCFlying@mrrcsound.com

Andrew
  • Phil,
    The gearing slack is certainly a big factor and seems to be most noticible when changing the pitch or the bank as the gearing changes to the new direction. I have mitigated it somewhat with a preload applied to the motor arm which sounds like it does the same thing as your 8KG forward load.
    The recurring jerkiness happens when setting up a roll or pitch, however once the roll or pitch is stabilized and constant then the jerkiness almost stops. It feels as if the motors are being fed with a step function input though I doubt this is a real factor. I am leaning to the idea of balancing being a major factor as I have focused on moving my body weight aft rather that forward as you indicate and that may be the major cause of the jerkiness.
    I am traveling away from my home for the next couple of weeks, please email me your config settings when you can and I will try those when I get back and will let you know how successful I am.
    thanks,
    Jim
  • Phil,
    I have searched XsimulatorFS2 and contacted Yobuddy at Xsimulator with out any results.
    Igor at 2DOF Reality says that the problem is the balance of the simulator. I have balanced the simulator as best possible and also
    added a seat slider but I still get the jerking.
    Could you please supply your config settings and I will try those.
    Thanks,
    Jim
    flightsim61@bellsouth.net
    • Sure. I can send those later on when I'm near my FS2 PC. I don't seek balance BTW - I aimed for forward weight so that gearing slack would always have weight on it. In fact I hang an 8kg block of metal on the front. Do you think its gearing slack or jerkiness in the software? Test with headset removed, doing gentle rolls/pitches if you aren't sure.
  • I like your webpage for the conversion but I am somehow not getting a minus sign for the second entry of pixels/deg (or whatever it is) in the AIC file. I don't know if it is the geoconvert tool that is generating the AIC file or are you? If i rerun with config-sample-only.bat (with your TMC changes) it works OK.

<[file][][]
    <[tm_aerial_image_definition][][]
    <[string8][image][Area_Lp1_SnapOff_N033321217_N033313623_W087163860_W087152676.bmp]>
    <[string8][mask][]>
    <[vector2_float64][steps_per_pixel][1.43051147460938e-05 -1.07288360595703e-05]> THIS MINUS SIGN is MISSING
    <[vector2_float64][top_left][-87.2773933410645 33.5367214679718]>
    <[string8][coordinate_system][lonlat]>
    <[bool][flip_vertical][false]>
    >
    >
    • Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. Do you mean if you try the thing i call beta? That thing doesn't create the AIC, but it enables geoconvert (via file renaming) to do the AIC creation. I've also concluded it is not safe at the moment. It does need inf2tfwconverter. If you're just talking about about using my page to make the TMC, I don't think the TMC created by my page or by hand affects the AIC files and hence the TFW.

I hadn't worked out where the AIC wad going wrong, so that's good analysis you have there. I'd share it with IPACS as it seems a shame to have to run this extra converter process.

Phil
  • Spit40.

Here is my recent test: now!

PartialFSEarthTiles.ini shows

#--- Partial FS Earth Tiles ini datas ---

[FSEarthTiles]

AreaDefinitionMode = 2Points
    NorthWestCornerLatitude = 59deg 2min 21.04sec north
    NorthWestCornerLongitude = 5deg 28min 58.03sec east
    SouthEastLatitude = 58deg 40min 57.55sec north
    SouthEastLongitude = 6deg 13min 51.59sec east

I paste it into your tool and get this setup:

<[file][][]
    <[tmcolormap_regions][][]
    <[bool] [write_ttc_files][true]>
    <[string8][folder_destination_ttc][./scenery/images/]>
    <[bool] [always_overwrite][true]>

<[list][region_list][]

<[tmcolormap_region][element][0]
    <[uint32] [level] [9]>
    <[vector2_float64] [lonlat_min] [5.482786 59.039178]>
    <[vector2_float64] [lonlat_max] [6.230997 58.682653]>
    >

<[uint32] [level] [11]>
    >

<[uint32] [level] [12]>
    >

<[uint32] [level] [13]>
    >

<[uint32] [level] [14]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    The Geoconvert tool gives an error message - and I remain somewhat confused. :)

NOTES: I see now that it is almost identical. That means I can use your excellent tool - but with some small adjustments (fewer digits).

Manually I get this setup - and it works:

<[file][][]
    <[tmcolormap_regions][][]
    <[bool] [write_ttc_files][true]>
    <[string8][folder_destination_ttc][./scenery/images/]>
    <[bool] [always_overwrite][true]>

<[list][region_list][]

<[uint32] [level] [9]>
    <[vector2_float64] [lonlat_min] [05.48 59.03]>
    <[vector2_float64] [lonlat_max] [06.23 58.68]>
    >

<[uint32] [level] [11]>
    >

<[uint32] [level] [12]>
    >

<[uint32] [level] [13]>
    >

<[uint32] [level] [14]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
  • Phil,

to discuss some affects of geoconvert I would prefer to do this by mail.
    I got a lot of malice for creating confusion in the forum.
    My address is karlheinz.roeder@online.de
    I want to invite Ed as well and come back to you.
    But today I have to visit my mother in law in hospital.

Best regards
    Rodeo
  • Spit40, please update your Avatar again. The software reduced the size due to a configuration issue. Sorry for that.