Posts by drhotwing1 (IPACS)

Hi and welcome,

How about trying this first;

1. update to the latest Radeon drivers

2. Try using only OGL renderer (not Vulkan)

3. Delete the 'main.mcf' file located in your documents\Aerofly FS 2 root folder

4. Test ONLY using a default aircraft (Cessna) and in San Francisco

Try this and let me know if your crashing stops.

Request received. Let us take a look at this entire situation and we will provide an educated response as soon as we have one

Have a look at MSI gaming laptops, they now have RTX2080 GPU's and use i9 CPU's. The GT Titan or Stealth series are your best but if you go with Stealth make sure you don't get the low power 2080m GPU by accident. It's much slower.

With a RTX2080, even in a laptop, you can run Aerofly with max graphics settings, and even 'Insane' shadows with FPS still in the 150 range.

TommyDee58,

Glad you got it working... very cool.

After you have a good feel for how FS 2 looks in VR, please share your thoughts. I have the Rift and am debating whether or not to get the S or the Valve Index. Thanks. Have fun!

I have tested both CV1 and Rift S Extensively and I can state these facts for you;

* God rays are virtually gone on Rift S

* The SDE when flying at night is gone on Rift S

* The resolution is sharper so gauges look much clearer on Rift S

* You can't tell the difference in refresh rate between the both

* No more worrying about external sensors

* No performance hit at all on the Rift S

* Sound is one of the only shortcomings on Rift S but with the latest firmware it's better

Bottom line, it's ultimately your choice but I don't think you will be sorry with upgrading to the Rift S

Something is not right with your Oculus install. I recommend uninstalling the Oculus software and re downloading/installing the software. Begin with the Oculus software and don't plug in the headset until it tells you to. Make sure that you install the software for Oculus Rift S and not for CV1. I just want to confirm here, you don't have any sensors connected to your computer, correct?

Oculus Rift S does not use sensors. Are you sure you have the Rift S set up properly?

Looking through your TM log shows no issues in Aerofly but you are behind a few versions. We are at 2.04.09.09. Make sure that you install the latest update.

There are no signs that you are running Aerofly in VR mode. Either you have to add the parameter -othervr to your exe or run directly from Steam and select Oculus mode.

Thanks Jeff . I will reinstall slowly and testing. Now i have the next Problem. I got Oculus Rift today and the VR-Mode is not running. I posted it into the forum.

Before reinstallatio i had an exe for VR-Mode. I tried to copy and rename but i can't edit the exe. Can you help me?

Best regards

Thomas

This can resume in the other thread that you made. I just responded and we will assist you here if you have any further issues.

Hello Jan.

I have reinstalled AFFS2. Before that I removed all freeware and paywere scenes. It's running again.

Best regards

Thomas

Glad to hear that you are back up and running. If you are going to add freeware I would suggest adding and testing each one at a time to see which scenery caused your crash. If you do find out which one let everyone know so that others don't have the same problem.

Greetings everyone,

I wanted to make everyone aware of a new feature that we have added to provide you with better updates while we continue to develop Aerofly! Introducing our new developers blog area. We hope that this will make it easier and more organized for you to find out what's going on under the hood.

This new feature can be accessed by entering the 'BLOG' tab on the top of this page.

Check back often while we try harder to update the community on progress.

As always, on behalf of the entire IPACS development team we wish to thank you for your continued support. We aren't finished just yet!!

Available now on Steam!

Just Flight, in partnership with Propair Flight, are proud to present the PA-38 Tomahawk for Aerofly FS 2.

Following on from their PA-28 series, C152 and Duchess Model 76, this highly detailed simulation of the PA-38 Tomahawk has been developed by Just Flight's in-house team following comprehensive, hands-on research with a real-life Tomahawk, G-BNKH, based at Goodwood Aerodrome with SportAir.

The PA-38 Tomahawk is a two-seater, piston-engine aircraft equipped with a fixed tricycle landing gear, 112hp four-cylinder engine and fixed-pitch propeller – an ideal aircraft for touring and flight training.

The PA-38 is flown all around the world and our add-on reflects that global popularity. The package features liveries from the UK, USA, Canada, France, Australia and Germany.

Model

• Accurately modelled PA-38 Tomahawk, built using real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft
    • Ground equipment including chocks and tie-downs
    • 4096x4096 textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
    • Detailed normal mapping for down-to-the-rivet precision of aircraft features and accurate simulation of waves in aluminium plates

Cockpit

• A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads - every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
    • Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
    • Dimmable cockpit lighting
    • Interactive engine start checklist that responds to user inputs and sim variables
    • Comprehensive IFR-capable avionics fit including:

- GMA 340 audio selector

- GNS340 GPS unit

- SL40 COM2 radio

- GTX 328 transponder

Aircraft systems

Custom-coded electrical system with functional circuit breakers

Liveries

The PA-38 Tomahawk is supplied with ten liveries:

• G-BNKH (UK)
    • G-BMVL (UK)
    • G-BNNU (UK)
    • N2432G (USA)
    • N7803Q (USA)
    • D-EEQI (Germany)
    • C-GTAO (Canada)
    • F-HVFA (France)
    • PH-MEC (Netherlands)
    • VH-UFA (Australia)

Other features

• Realistic and accurate flight dynamics based on real-world performance and handling data, and input from pilots
    • Authentic sound set
    • Custom sounds for switches, doors, warnings and more
    • Comprehensive manual with panel guide and performance data
    • PSD Paint Kit available so you can create your own paint schemes