Posts by AOB

Said it before and will say it again ... The De Havilland Comet 4 should be in there as it was the world's first jet airliner. First flight in 1949. I was transported to Australia in one of those (parents emigrated from the UK), a BOAC Comet 4C in 1965. We should remember and celebrate our history.

Thank you for telling us that you do not post in your last post but seriously you wrote a 720 page book??? Can you tell us the title so we can read it? :)

We will have a look at Vienna airport and publish an update once it is fixed.

Keep in mind that on some devices there are less 3D buildings compared to faster devices, due to less performance and memory.

We are still evaluating if we can add more 3D buildings to FS 2022. The performance and memory impact is huge and stability is more important to us.

Are you also aware that the Landmark labels are not showing?

Arrogance = Everyone is entitled to their own opinions providing they agree with mine.

Yes, Steam discussions are very much under utilised which is a bit weird seeing as that is where a heck of a lot of us get our games from. A bit like Board Game Geek forums if you are into Board Games. Looking through some of those it looks like no one has played some of the popular games for years.

I think IPACS folk should head over to the Steam forums and see what is being posted about the upcoming version. You can only take arrogance so far. If you do not feed the great unwashed some positive news shortly then the customer base is going to fade away entirely.

Well I guess we all have a limit and it sounds like you reached yours. I think most of us have been overwhelmed with technical troubles in the past. Hope you fix yours soon.

I have it on order now.

You guys have been most excellent in helping me with this after my MSFS 2020 fiasco. What a disaster that was. I had the standard version. I have the Xbox Version too on CD (or is it blue ray...?), just waiting for an Xbox X console through my friend who works at Microsoft Canada 🇨🇦 in Vancouver. I shouldn’t have any issues running that on an Xbox console. Apparently from what I’ve read the Xbox version of MSFS is better than the PC version. We’ll see......

Interesting. I have MSFS20 on my laptop now and I am having very few problems with it. I was getting CTD's when switching from airport to airport but that seems to be a bit more stable now. I went for the bog standard version too but spent a bit in the Orbx store as well. The frame rates are low to mid 20's on my rig at medium and that is not too bad in my opinion. I think the Aerofly scenery is a bit sharper though. I am looking forward to seeing how FS4 stacks up against it.

I don't know really. My plan was/is to learn MSFS20 whilst waiting for the blow them all away AFS4 but the more I play with MSFS20 the more I am thinking well AFS4 will have to be pretty special to unseat MSFS20. I mean 37,000 airports and local Australian scenery right out of the box! I am also playing with AFS2022 on my tablet and that will not come off any time soon depending on what AFS2023 brings us of course.

I am a bit of a techno dinosaur so please forgive this question but my new Android Lenovo Tablet that I have loaded AFS2022 on only has a USB C port. I am thinking it would be nice to fly in the evening but do not wish to disturb the missus with the engine noises so .... can I use either wireless earbuds or maybe a USB C headphone set with AFS2022? I was thinking maybe enabling tham as a blue tooth device or something similar might do the trick. I have not bought anything yet as I was just wondering what your thoughts might be first.

I have been doing some overdue cleaning up of my scenery files which were located on my internal and external hard disks. Over 110 gb of scenery files, and that does not include any Orbx ones! No wonder this sim takes so long to load really. =O

When AFS4 finally hits us I might have to be more selective as to what I load so I was wondering about maybe a scenery manager where you can load or offload scenery. Be nice if there was one for our sim.