Posts by Indiafoxtecho

I have no idea yet.

At the moment it needs more work on the cockpit (basically the interactivity of the controls is quite limited at the moment) and it is missing the radios. Apart from that, it is pretty much done.

Then I have no idea on what will be the best distribution stategy.

Ok, after quite a lot of work the S-211 is back in the virtual skies :)

For the record, in order to get it to fly I had to get rid of all the errors...and I ended up rebuilding the .tmd almost from scratch, starting from the MB.339 tmd (and hoping for better compatibility for future upgrades). The new build seems to have ZERO tolerance, which may be considered by some a good thing.... but I was used to leave unused geometry (e.g. for controls which I meant to make operational in future) in the .tmd... which is now not allowed.
    Also duplicate objects and other stuff were found.

This is what I get upon loading the DR400 (compiled straight from the SDK - no changes from my side):

14.09-tmimage: loading model dr400...

14.09-tmmodelmanager: model: (name='dr400') (directory='C:/Users/Dino/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft/dr400//')

14.09-tmimage: loading configfile 'C:/Users/Dino/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft/dr400///dr400.tmc'

14.09-tmmodule: contact points 3: (1.371 0.000 -0.545 r=0.180) (-0.260 1.212 -0.570 r=0.160) (-0.260 -1.212 -0.570 r=0.160)

14.49-tmimage: loading dynamics begin 'C:/Users/Dino/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft/dr400///dr400.tmd'...

14.50-tmfile_properties: WARNING: property 'GeometryBlurred' is not a member of type 'propellergraphics' hash=2165193870802315177.

14.50-tmfile_properties: WARNING: property 'GeometryDisk' is not a member of type 'propellergraphics' hash=15927520934796559352.

14.50-tmfile_properties: property |GeometryBlurred| not found in this context |propellergraphics|

14.50-tmfile_properties: property |GeometryDisk| not found in this context |propellergraphics|

These are the error messages I get upon loading the S-211 (most of them are due to copy-pasting code from the S-211 and referencing non-existent geometries... this was not a problem before):

19.34-tmimage: loading model s211...

19.34-tmmodelmanager: model: (name='s211') (directory='C:/Users/Dino/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft/s211//')

19.34-tmimage: loading configfile 'C:/Users/Dino/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft/s211///s211.tmc'

19.34-tmmodule: contact points 3: (3.594 0.000 -0.559 r=0.170) (-0.215 0.950 -0.471 r=0.230) (-0.215 -0.950 -0.471 r=0.230)

19.46-tmcollision: ERROR: (texture 'usaf-pilot-normal' not found)

19.47-tmcollision: ERROR: (texture 's211_t_2' not found)

19.81-tmcollision: ERROR: (remove invalid texture at index 'normal')

19.81-tmcollision: ERROR: (remove invalid texture at index 'diffuse')

19.84-tmimage: loading dynamics begin 'C:/Users/Dino/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft/s211///s211.tmd'...

19.85-tmfile_properties: WARNING: property 'Control' is not a member of type 'multibody_joint' hash=9497216087285842810.

19.85-tmfile_properties: WARNING: property 'Control' is not a member of type 'multibody_joint' hash=9497216087285842810.

19.85-tmcollision: ERROR: duplicate object 'HeadingAngle'

19.85-tmcollision: ERROR: duplicate object 'VarioInput'

19.85-tmcollision: ERROR: duplicate object 'VarioMapping'

19.85-tmfile_properties: property |Control| not found in this context |multibody_joint|

19.85-tmfile_properties: property |Control| not found in this context |multibody_joint|

19.85-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'NoseGearCompressed' not found

19.85-tmcollision: ERROR: property 'NoseGearCompressed.Output' not found

19.85-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'SwitchLightsFlash' not found

19.85-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'SwitchLightsFlash' not found

19.85-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'SwitchLightsFlashCop' not found

19.85-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'SwitchLightsFlashCop' not found

19.85-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'SwitchLightsBcn' not found

19.85-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'SwitchLightsBcn' not found

19.85-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'SwitchLightsBcnCop' not found

19.85-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'SwitchLightsBcnCop' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'SwitchLightsNavDim' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'SwitchLightsNavDim' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'SwitchLightsNavDimCop' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'SwitchLightsNavDimCop' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'SwitchLt' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'SwitchLt' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'KnobHudBrt' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'KnobHudBrt' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'BrightnessHUD' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: property 'BrightnessHUD.Output' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'KnobLightsConsole' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'KnobLightsConsole' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'KnobLightsConsoleCop' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'KnobLightsConsoleCop' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'KnobLightsFlood' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'KnobLightsFlood' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'KnobLightsFloodCop' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'KnobLightsFloodCop' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'KnobLightsInst' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'KnobLightsInst' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'KnobLightsInstCop' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'KnobLightsInstCop' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'KnobAdi' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'KnobAdi' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'Fuselage12' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'Fuselage12' not found

Just my two cents on the topic (as aircraft developer) - I've had a request for such a feature in my plane (for FSX/P3D) several times - but it is a question of personal preference. In virtual cockpit views some users would like to see their "body" (legs and arms only) as they perceive this to be more realistic. Also in VR some users feel the absence of a "virtual body" to be a little disorienting.... However, by and large, it is assumed and accepted that the pilot body will not show in virtual cockpit, for one it would make accessing the controls on the side consoles quite hard.
    Anyway it is a question of personal taste - some user feel like it would be better, but most do not IMHO.

Correct - I have left the dynamic part untouched.

The tm.log file fomr the main Aerofly folder showed 2 errors: Fuselage geometry was missing and could not link the Fuselage geometry... which is a little puzzling, as I thought the fuselage geometry was there.

I have deleted the .tmd and replaced it with the original one from the 339, and renamed few parts of the model as the ones in the 339.... the preview is now working and the aicraft shows... so, I can proceed with this.
    I am not yet sure what was causing the error...

I have taken the latest MB339.tmd file.... and cleared everything from the graphics and sound sections.
    As a test, I have only exported the Fuselage1 object in my 3D model - exported to the TGI without errors.
    ...still, no joy. The exporter crashes upon starting the rendering preview.

...I am stuck.

// -------------------------------------------- GRAPHIC SECTION ----------------------------------------------

<[pointer_list_tmgraphics][GraphicObjects][]

<[rigidbodygraphics][Fuselage][]

<[string8][GeometryList][ Fuselage1

]>

<[uint32][PositionID][Fuselage.R]>

<[uint32][OrientationID][Fuselage.Q]>

>

>

// -------------------------------------------- SOUND SECTION ----------------------------------------------

<[pointer_list_tmsound][SoundObjects][]

>

HerveF - thanks for the appreciation

Thanks for moving the thread.

I know the tmd has to be adapted - I will try by completely cleaning the graphics section.
    However I was under the impression that, in the previous aicraft converter version, parts listed in the .tmd file which were missing from the .tgi file were simply ignored - you had a crash only in case of duplicate part names.
    Also, in another project I have, the MB-326, I do not see the same problem even with different .tmd files...

Anyway I will try and report... thanks!

Ok - I will open a separate thread for the MB.326

As for the DR-400, after the source files and SDK update everything works as expected but for the preview in the aicraft selection screen.

The aicraft has been exported from max 2015 and recompiled with the latest aircraft SDK.
    This is what I get in the preview.
    The aicraft works fine and shows correctly in the sim.

I have re-downloaded the workshop and the updated DR400 source files... and I still have issues, in detail:

DR400
    - The aicraft now shows correctly in the simulation and works fine, but the preview is incorrect: the plane is invisible in the preview screem, but for the horizontal stabilizer

MB326 (my own model)

- The preview is generated correctly, but the aicraft is totally invisible in the simulation

Is there anything that I may have forgotten? Is there any change in the file format?
    Can we have more details of what is changed?

Good day

I have just dowloaded the latest SDK and aicraft converter.
    The DR400 works fine - no issue.
    Then I have tried to convert my MB-326 - restarting from the MB-339 .tmd files...

...ALMOST everything seems to work, but I have an issue: the landing gear now retracts automatically (even with the aircraft on the ground) - and stays retracted.

I could not find the reason why of this behavior.

Also, is there somewhere a list of the changes in the latest aircraft converter?

Thanks

It is great to see that we agree that we need "the" boat to be in AF2 (sooner or later)...

As for the T-45C, given the good results of the first tests, it is very likely that it will be coonverted to AF2.
    At the moment I believe that the avionics will be quite basic - but they should be good enough to operate the aircraft.
    My T-45C for FSX/P3D is indeed freeware, and has been a very successful project. I cannot say for sure that the T-45C for Af2 will be developed for free, but it will either be free or very inexpensive.