Posts by delfinpm

I really wouldn't want to sit further away from it!

Nobody forces you J van E. You sit at the distance that you like most to enjoy the flight; The same thing happens to me. You simply enjoy more at 50 cm. and me, at 100 cm. I do this same with the other sim. that I have on my PC. and I see perfectly what I mention here.

You describe the "recommended distance (ergonomic)". I do not know if there is such a rule or norm or recommendation, but whether or not there is, each person chooses the distance that most satisfies him, and this is not debatable.

Of course, with a monitor of 27 '' everything looks better, in this we agree.

Anyway, thanks for expressing your sincere point of view.

Kind regards: Delfin

How can i make the Flight Information bigger?

Thanks for help:thumbup::)

This same request that you make, Zneumak, I made it only to join this forum repeatedly. It was also made by other users, but it has never been modified. why?. Fundamentally, because designers and programmers are overworked. The last obsession has been the elicopter; now it is in mind of many users, the ATC. etc.

There will always be more demands than offers to our demands. For all these reasons, I have little hope that this request will be met.

When one lands in this forum, we see a series of modifications or improvements that should be made, but they are not done for the exposed reason. When it takes some time, we end up assuming as normal, something that is not. And one of those deficiencies (in my opinion), are how tiny are the numbers of parameters in the control panels of aircraft with digital instruments. Analogs are quite good. But not only the numerical parameters, but also the indications of the switches, switches, etc. I mean the sizes of that text that indicates the function of those switches, switches, etc. All these texts should increase their size by at least 50%.

I have my monitor of 21 '' at a distance of one meter from my eyes, and in general, I am not able to read that text of the mentioned indicators, I have to make a considerable zoom (closer to the monitor = 50 cm or more) Or, make a huge zoom only for that area where the parameter is that I want to see correctly, and this is a constant annoyance.

Put to enumerate deficiencies, I have also repeatedly demanded, (and many others), to give water its color, (currently it is an unlikely ugliness), but it seems that this improvement is very difficult. We will continue waiting. but ... Until when?

Regards: Delfin

I think your problem is related to my problem:

Q400: different font!?

Thank you for answering J van E. and especially for the link, where I could read Jeff's observation about mobiles, (I had not read it). It happens that I rarely fly that Q400 plane, and that's why I had not discovered what you mention.

I do not know if it is related, but it is evident that all those who fly the F-18, (at least, in flat monitor), will have this problem that I mentioned, and it happens that this plane is one of the ones that I fly frequently , like the F-15.

We are likely not going to change this as it will likely break how the HUD looks in VR.

I wonder the following:
    1) .- I liked the modification introduced in the HUD to indicate the situation of the landing gear. Many times I had thought about requesting that this benefit be added, but since you are very busy with work, I did not do it.

2º). - If nobody has requested that the numbers of the HUD be modified, why have they modified them? . All of us who do not have VR, I'm sure those same numbers look much better in the HUD of the F-15 (same as the numbers that previously had the F-18).

3º) .- With the current modification, do you see BETTER in VR ?.   If is NOT, I do not understand why it is not left as it was at the beginning

I ask again this forum:

How is it possible that nobody responds to my post?

And again cross-examine, especially on the 3rd paragraph: Those who currently have VR. Do you see BETTER after modifying the numbers that appear in the F-18 HUD?

I do not have VR, and now I see much worse. Also, if you look closely, the numbers are stuck together, which makes it even more difficult to read. Now it looks much worse on this aircraft, than on the F-15.

I would be grateful if you inform me, why these numbers have been modified. Modifications are made to improve; in this case, it has gotten worse.

I have observed with pleasure the incorporation of a symbol or icon that indicates the state of the landing gear (up or down) of this aircraft. I congratulate you on this, and I would like it if this icon (or any other) were added to all the aircraft that do not have it.

I have also observed that all the numbers that indicate several parameters in the HUD have been modified, such as speed, heading etc. but now the body of those numbers are of a thinner line, and that makes reading difficult. The previous ones were better seen; the contents in the HUD of the F-15 are much better, which are exactly the same as the previous ones of the UHD of the F-18 prior to these modifications.

I beg to change and leave them as before.

Have you recalibrated your joystick in Windows?

Of course, antigoon. If you read this thread from the beginning, it is explained very carefully. The calibration was done in Windows.

Redtail: I'm not working with any profile, I have not reached that point yet, because for that, before I have to program it, and before that, I have to configure it correctly.

I had 4 Sims. on Mi PC. Now I have 3: FS1, FS2 and FSX. and two joysticks connected in different ports; Generally this condition, has not presented me problems. Naturally, I have tested with X52 pro. many times the configuration with the Thrustmaster connected and also disconnected, without any difference in the results.

Right now I only have the Thrustmaster connected, which is the only one that allows me to play while I do not solve this difficulty.

I am waiting for another X52 Pro to arrive. I have to eliminate the remote possibility that there is a defect in this joystick. When receiving another identical, if I have the same behavior, it is clear that the defect is in the software. And in that case, I have no idea how to solve this difficulty that has never been presented to me.

Thanks for your help.

Regards: Delfín

I bought a used Saitek X52 Pro joystick. After configured it worked perfectly on FS2.

A few days later, I configured it to fly with Flight simulator (from Microsoft). Everything worked also correctly. However, the next day I flew back to FS2, I found an unexpected surprise: there is no way to fly correctly in this Sim. after configuring it for FSX. What continues, is exactly what happens:

A joystick that lets itself calibrate perfectly, that its axes respond linearly and progressively when they are slowly driven from the beginning to the end. Then it is configured in Controller setup in FS 2; it correctly accepts the assignment of functions to its three axes, and also to the control of acceleration (throttle).

Now the surprise comes:

1) .- When starting the movement slowly the stick on the axis "Y", this instead of responding to the displacement linearly as the stick slides, it passes instantaneously to the end of the stroke as soon as the movement of the joystick stick starts .

2) .- Exactly the same happens with the start of the displacement of the other two axes: "X" and "Z".

3) .- Not only that, but the three axes move simultaneously to the end, when starting the movement of any of the three axes.

4) .- The only assignment that works correctly, is the acceleration (throttle and is not affected by the movement of any of the other three axes of control.

The displacements seen in the configuration page of FS 2, when we configure and assign functions to the joystick, are seen in exactly the same way, by placing an airplane on the runway, and there we see the planes of control of the aircraft, they move from the beginning to the end of the tour instantly, as soon as we slowly start the joystick stick travel in any of its three axes.

I repeat: if in the calibration of the joystick, (page Controller Setup), we see that when starting very slowly, the displacement of any axis, on the screen we see the line of the axis moves synchronously with the stick of the joystick, how is it possible that after assigning a control function to one of the three axes, do not move in exactly the same way (linearly and progressively)?

This has happened to me with one of the best joysticks that many of you, know much better than me: the Saitek X52 Professional.

I have two other Joysticks, (one, Thrusmaster), which work correctly and have never presented any problems.

Once again, I need your experience and help

I find it hard to believe that in this forum, it has not occurred to someone to suggest something to get out of this situation.

One thing is obvious: there is some interference between FSX and FS2, because this has happened after configuring the Saitek X52 for FSX (which worked perfectly) and going back to FS2. When I went back to FS2, it did not work again, it does not even let itself be configured in FS2.

I have even admitted the possibility that there has been a defect in this Joystick, but it is extraordinarily unlikely that a day has passed for the next one.

That being the case, the anomaly is in the software. What is that anomaly? How to correct it?

I expected that this Saitek X52 Pro, or the X52 would have many users. I think it is a good joystick and that the many users who have it, could inform me how they have configured it, whether they have used or not, the DVD that comes with that equipment, and that ultimately, it serves to configure it more broadly, than without DVD, or drives downloaded from the Internet, and above all, that some would have done extensive programming, which is ultimately the reason why you buy a relatively expensive price joystick. Buying a joystick with high characteristics, so as not to take advantage of them, is quite absurd. WHERE ARE THE ANSWERS OF THOSE WHO HAVE THIS JOYSTICK, AND WHICH ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO KNOW ABOUT WITH DEPTH?

The DVD that comes with the joystick, is for the configuration and certain adaptations to develop the game better. Once configured (and if you want to program it more broadly), it is ready indefinitely; does not need updates. Am I wrong, 1050E ?

This link is the proof that this DVD accompanies the joystick when you buy new:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Well Overloaded, I appreciate your contribution, but that comment from an old Saitek, does not tell me anything. If you told me about the X52 Pro, it would be interesting.

You tell me Ray:
    "I do not have a need for dimming lights or using the software to do things."

I do not want to contradict you, but I did not say that you had that need; I said that, you have (you had) the possibility of doing it. I repeat: you have the possibility, not the need.

Again, I repeat: . WHERE ARE THE ANSWERS OF THOSE WHO HAVE THIS JOYSTICK, AND WHICH ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO KNOW ABOUT WITH DEPTH?

I await your answers

Delfin,

I have been using the X52Pro for more than 5 years now. I don't ever remember having or needing a Cd or DVD to use it. I don't think the lights can be dimmed. .

Regards,

Ray

From what you inform me, I come to the conclusion that the Saitek X52 that you have had is not exactly the same as the one I bought. You were telling me:

"I do not think the lights can be dimmed"

Here you have a piece of text, (from the User's manual), in which you can read the possibility of attenuating the LEDs of the device.

Note: What each button does depends on the game in progress. You can, if you wish, assign functions to individual

buttons using the SST programming software. See the SST programming software manual for details.

Maintaining your LED brightness

The authenticity of the flight control experience provided by your Saitek X52 Pro FCS is enhanced by a number of

LEDs on the throttle unit and flight stick. You can control the appearance of these LEDs, making them brighter or

dimmer according to your preference.

To maintain LED brightness

Click the LEDs tab.

A sliding scale is displayed, which you can use to choose how brightly the LEDs on your stick and throttle

are displayed:

This window is part of this Saitek's manual, and I do not have it at my disposal to operate on it.

I think I will return it, if I do not get the CD, or the drivers that provide the possibility of working with this device.

I hope Ray, that these tests that I send you that you could modify the brightness of the LEDs, do not bother you. I am amazed by what I read in the user manual, and that you tell me that you have never had a CD or DVD and that you have worked for so long with all correctness.

Once again my thanks for your systematic help in solving my difficulties.

Any of the users that have the Joystick Saitek X 52 Pro. can help me in the configuration and assignment of functions to this joystic.

I bought this used device, and it came without User Manual, and also without CD or DVD that I believe is indispensable for its knowledge, programming and assignment of functions.

Is this deduction correct? I suppose so, because in the current situation, I can not even modify the brightness of the LEDs that illuminate both the joystick and the throttle.

I have absolutely no access to any of the features of the device, and I guess that is due to the lack of the software contained in the CD or the DVD already mentioned and that I would have to enter in the PC.

In spite of everything, in total I have assigned 13 functions to the device, the mode selector being in position 1. I assumed that if I changed it to position 2, I would have the possibility of assigning at least as many others, but it is not so. As many if I switch it to position 3. Where is the error that I am committing, since this device has a capacity far superior to what I, and I guess anyone, we need ?.

So far, the description of my current situation. How to use the modes to continue assigning functions to the joystick).

I have obtained (and downloaded) the user's manual on the Internet, {
    http://www.saitek.com/manuals/x52_manual.pdf }, but I do not have access to the Saiteck software, I suppose for not having introduced the software on the CD or the DVD in the computer.

I ask you to help me with these difficulties, and I also ask again:

Is the CD or DVD indispensable for the correct use of this device?
    If yes, how to get it ?.

Regards: Delfín

Hi Ray

More simple ... impossible !

You know, the first time, it's always the hardest

I had only worked with setup screen in Aerofly FS2 ('Controller setup -primary'). That's why I could not do other assignments. My apologies for this lack of further investigation.

The "Mode selector switch 3-position rotary switch with tristate LED to indicate program mode", how to use it ?. I have done all the assignments in position 1, and I notice that even if I change it to any of the other two, the previous assignments in any of the positions continue to be activated. I repeat, how to get the multiplier power of possibilities to this selector?

And the third and last question (for today): You have not answered me, does the application of the driver have or not X52 Pro Flight Control System . in this Sim?

And once again, many, many thanks

Delfin

Hi Ray

I understand Ray, that you are probably tired of answering my doubts. I understand it perfectly, it is very human and I am deeply grateful for the amount of effort and time you have devoted to me.

And respect to: "You can read back through the many response the user community has made for your queries". Except for 'ftp2leta' (Ben), only you come responding systematically to my queries, and on assignments of functions to the control devices, only you, and very briefly Ben, you have responded.

I asked in my last thread, for the driver that I will have to download (I want to do it), to be able to do a wide programming. Anyway, and in view of your last post, I deduce that many more assignments can be made than I thought.

I will do the assignments described in "Aerofly FS 2 manual -> Controller setup", but no more, and here, is where you can think that I do not read the many answers that the community has given me. And I add what you have actually told me regarding the exterior and interior view of the plane; you said:

"... I use the trigger button to change to the outside following view. The bottom pinky finger button is used to bring the view back inside the cockpit. ,,,"

You say that you have made that assignment, but you have not said "how have you done it", and this is my problem. This and many other assignments are not included in the 'Controller setup', and this is my problem, and of course you did not know. How are those functions NOT contained in the controller setup assigned? Surely it is very simple, very elementary, like millions of judgments and procedures of computer science, graphic design, ...

Professional computer scientists, or very dedicated amateurs, you consider too simple, and it is, when you have done it thousands of times, but difficult for those who have never done it. THE MOST DIFFICULT, IT IS ALWAYS THE FIRST TIME, and that is my case in the assignment of functions.

And ... I've spread too much.

Well Ray, since for you it is, 'easy peasy', please write me, the detailed sequence or procedure to assign the external view to the trigger button on my index finger, and the view inside the cockpit, to the pinky finger. Done this, I guess this is a general procedure for many assignments, although I guess not for all, otherwise, there would be no 'Saitek Smart Technology (SST)', and within this, specifically the driver 'X52 Pro Flight Control System '.

You also want to tell me, if this is the driver (X52 Pro Flight Control System.)

What do I have to download to make programming and allocation of functions much wider?

Once again, grateful for your effort and time dedicated to this user

Already in my possession the Saitek X52 Pro, I did not have any special effort for its normal configuration, according to the 'Controller Setup' page of FS 2.

Of course, only this configuration for a joystick of enormous benefits and possibilities, would be underestimate, and this is unreasonable.

I had not thought too much about this inconvenience that limits the possibilities of this joystick so much that, for example, it does not allow me, in a normal flight, to go from an exterior view of the aircraft, to an interior (in the cockpit) directly from the joystick controls, and I have to press the # 2 key on the keyboard. If I am wrong in this exhibition, please tell me.

I have not received the DVD, which I suppose would have the content Saitek Smart Technology (SST)

of the "X52 Pro Flight Control System" driver. The content of this driver, is what will allow me a really wide 'profile programming'. Is my deduction correct?

Is the driver that I must download for the aforementioned programming tested? This driver offers five possibilities (which create confusion): All content, product, Downloads, knowledge base and community. What do those 5 possibilities mean? Which one should I download?

Once again, ask for your help, and I thank you in advance.

Hi Ray

Two more questions:

1) .- Although I know that almost everyone assigns the twist of the stick as a rudder, I prefer to assign it to a 'captor' of the throttle rudder system, (I prefer to have that control in the other hand). What captor of the throttle do you recommend?

2) .- The control of the tail rotor of the R 22, where do you recommend assigning it ?. I also prefer to do it with my left hand (also in the throttle).

For that magnificent, extensive and profound description, many, many, many ... thanks

You are admirable, Ray

Delfin

Tomorrow I will receive a Saitek X52 PRO joystick, and I would like some of you who have been around for some time (and as a result, you know it well), to give me some advice on buttons and small wheels to assign functions.

Given the enormous possibilities of this device, it is complex to what 'organ captor' is preferable to assign according to what function, and the experience that you have, is very valuable to me.

For example, right now I have a very specific question; To which wheel or button assign the rudder control ?. Other assignment tips will be very well received.

Regards; Delfin

Hi Ben

Thank you very much for that magnificently summarized help; more, it would be impossible.

In my language there is a popular wise phrase that says: "good if short, twice good", and your communication, has that characteristic.

I'm waiting for the arrival of the joystick, and surely since you have it and you know it well, I'll probably ask you some difficulty that I'm sure I'll have for the configuration.

NOTE:

Every time I see a thread or post with the name of "ftp2leta" I remember two videos sent by you to the forum. One flying over Innsbruck and another over Meigs; in both, besides formidable views, there was a music that was a real delight. It was especially beautiful the slow and nocturnal flight, between the tall buildings in Chicago, with a very slow flight and music that was a real delight. When are you going to delight us with another "work of art of wonderful image and sound"? I know that you have that very developed faculty; may Nature preserve it for you.

1) .- What is the technical difference between the X52 and the X52 PRO?
    2) .- Can both be configured correctly without the User Manual?
    3) .- Can both be configured correctly without the DVD included in the purchase (used)?
    4) .- Can the contents of the configuration DVD be downloaded from the Internet?

Thanks for the help : Delfin