Posts by Jetjockey10

for the Learjet in the 2018-06-29 change log. (yesterday, but, now closed thread)

The question is when are the users going to be able to download and use these new repaints? :) I know we can see them in the South Florida DLC and I have asked before, but did not receive any response. :(

Regards,

Ray

IndiaFoxTecho,

Yes, the Navy Trainer repaint is similar to the JPATS only because they both are orange and white.

Not much else is the same. See attachment.

One has JPATS the other NAVY in bold on the fuselage sides.

One has a military ensigna on the forward fuselage and wings, the other has AGUSTA GRUMMAN on the fuselage.

The intake paint and warnings are totally different,

The wing paint is short on the JPATS and about 2 feet more towards the fuselage in the Trainer.

The vertical stabilizers are both orange but with different applications.

The JPAPS has an I-SMFT id on the tail, the Navy Trainer has nothing there.

The nose orange paint is straight on the JPATS and curved on the Trainer.

The tail cap is black on the JPATS and orange on the Navy Trainer.

The nose wheel cover is orange on the JPATS and white on the Navy Trainer.

So I guess it is all in one's point of view. ;)

Bottom line, any additional repaints that we get will be greatly appreciated. Us Navy guys always look for the flashy ones. :P

Regards,

Ray

Nick,

I guess because I am choosing level zoom level 17 and 9 - 14, the number of stitched images is unmanageable for editing say half the tiles with semi-matching colors to overwrite the bright white tiles for the water. :/ Thanks.

We have a saying that goes something like this. There are a few creative programmers that work for free, and there are a few programmers that are really good at what they do, but it is truly rare to find a really good, creative programmer that works for free. We will just have to wait until you have the time for the next version. :P

Regards,

Ray

Nick,

Speaking of the "next version" . . .

I would really appreciate a couple of more size choices. Especially, the one that is 4 times larger than your Small (grid 13). Not sure which way the numbers go. But, between the Small and Large.

I am also looking forward to see your magic with the USGS. Some of the images are staggeringly beautiful - almost like a photo.

Is there some method of editing these images prior to GeoCruching without have to edit several hundred small files? The water in the Puget Sound area is a real mess, both the deep water which may be 50% of a grid 9 tile and also around most of the smaller islands. I started trying to clean them up, but there are so many, I would probably lose interest in the area before I could finish.

Regards,

Ray

Jan

Thank you very much for the upgrades. I will update the files on my blog, too.

Ray

I have plans to fix a couple of bugs in the FSX/P3D payware version... I typically add a repaint or two when I do this. I'll see if I can find the time to give a try making the livery you mentioned as it is awesome.

IndiaFoxTecho,

The additional Navy Camo repaint would be great. The standard Navy orange trainer repaint might be the 2nd additional repaint, if you get to it. (Confuse the masses, let them think they are seeing the T-45C) Thanks a million. I am really enjoying your S-211 in AFS2.

Regards,

Ray

My memory is getting more suspect every day, but I think I do see the low fuel warning in the Learjet every now and then.

Even though the fuel used or remaining fuel as seen on the gauges may not be correct, having an indication of using fuel is a lot better than no movement whatsoever.

One day we will have these basic features and can calculate W & B and perform some fuel management in these planes. Until then . . .

Thanks Jan for your detailed responses.

Regards,

Ray

That's really cheerful, I was afraid there won't be more IPACS scenery but only orbx in the future. To be honest, I prefer IPACS's regions than orbx's(specifically speaking: netherlands trueearth). Although IPACS don't place buildings and vegetations as accurately as orbx does, but they provide much much better airports. Shouldn't airports be spent the most work to build in a flight simulator scenery? It's an incredible scenery but I rarely fly in netherlands in aerofly because of the airports. Hoping British and PNW trueearth can improve a bit.

Unless Orbx changes their game plan, I doubt you will not be getting anything approaching high level airports as part of the regional scenery packs. This is based on their history with the West Coast USA scenery regions and individual airports. Both are excellent products but, I don’t expect them to mix them up, They have not spent a lot of time upgrading the airports to anything higher than a basically level, but they are usually some improvements and all are useable. A few of the smaller airports may have received a few extra touches by a few individuals, but nothing approaching stand alone level.

I do think Orbx needs to hear our wishes in order to fine tune the future products. As Spit40 stated above, there are just too many airports to expect very much attention and still be able to keep the price at a reasonable level for a region.

Maybe Orbx will adopt the method of releasing free upgrades to suggested airports for AFS2 similar to their Global Airports program. If so, be ready with your suggestions.

Regards,

Ray

Make sure you understand the AeroScenery levels are not the same as FSET levels. You have only 3 sizes of grids - 9 large, small and smaller. With the Large Grid 9 I doubt you would ever want anything larger than level 14, and maybe not even 15 due to the enormous number of tiles generated.

Regards,

Ray

Play with the slider for Image Detail (Zoom Level) If you select level 18 or 19 or 20 with a grid square Level 13 (Small) and then check mark level 14 and 15, you should get something of higher detail than anything you have ever seen in AFS2.

Regards,

Ray