Posts by GACSavannah

>No, due to copyrights of the textures and models such a reverse program does not exist.

Which aircraft do you want to repaint?

Hi Jan,

Personally for me, I would love to do some work on the Q400, but others may want to work on the gliders, or the 737, or what ever is of particular interest to them. Sometimes, it's just nice to work on something else that is of interest other than the same thing you have been doing.

I was just thinking that if the tools existed to work backwards, some of the more creative individuals might like to try creating their own templates, or even making simple modifications to the existing textures for personal use only (clearly, modifying an existing texture is not something that on would upload)

>If the community is willing to invest some time with our tools I'm confident that you will see many new creations pop up.

Hi Jeff,

Good to hear from you. I don't think that there is much doubt that there are members of the community that are willing to invest time and energy to the betterment of everyone. Rodeo for example has displayed a very strong willingness to unselfishly help others and has even provided a number of his own creations for those of us who lack the time or creative energy to perform the work on our own. His recent Omak scenery is just one example. Then you could look at the shared creativity of Jan's toolbox, Simwerft's Beaver Municipal, Javier's ships, Sylvain's, Oubaas', Sydel's, Zer0Squared's, and even a number repaints from yourself, along with plenty of work by others that I in no way intend to reduce by not naming directly (There are just so many great creative people out there, I can't name them all !!!)

People are willing, and even eager, but while some great tools are available others are still lacking. This is not a criticism, it is simply a reflection of reality, and part of that reality is that you and the rest of the team simply cannot create all these tools right away! You need to set priorities, and decide what gets addressed now and what gets addressed later. I believe that we all understand that.

I was simply inquiring about some options that had crossed my mind that might permit users to be able to cook up a meal or two on their own while we wait for the restaurant to open for business or open a franchise a little closer to their end of town.

Hi everyone. I realize that the SDK tools allow us to take .BMP images and convert them into the .ttx texture files, which permits us to re-paint specific aircraft. It is possible to use the sdk tools in reverse to take the .ttx files and convert them to a more user friendly format, such as .bmp, and convert them back to .ttx without the official paint kit?

:/

I WISH we had a cardinal to paint for FS2! I used to fly an RG that otherwise looked just like the one that you pictured. I loved that airplane. It was one of the sweetest birds I have ever flown. I have done a few of the Cessna, in fact one looks not too far off from that Cardinal. I probably should finish them up, as there is still some work to be done on them, and then go ahead and upload them.

I am in the middle of a few different Lears at the moment. When I get those done, I will go back and revist these two 172's, finish them up, and include them in the upload.

I love the different methods that people use when working on their repaints. I see that Jeff is using GIMP, which I personally have very little experience with. Others use Photoshop exclusively. Personally, I use a combination of Corel Draw!, Corel PhotoPaint, and Photoshop CS2. It just goes to show that if one method isn't working for you, try a different method. There are so many great options available to try!

Now, because we are on the topic of repainting and paint kits.....

Can we please sorta maybe possibly kinda pretty please have one for the Q400? :)

OK Ray, not Black ops, but at least you can earn your wings. The file has been submitted. Currently holding short waiting on release...

I'll try to get a few more as I have time.

Update: Wow, Jeff is Lickitty Split FAST. The file is already up and waiting for you.

> Maybe one day you can do your magic with a couple of military repaints for the Lear. If so, I’m hoping for a Navy edition.

I did do a navy training version, the white with red. I don't recall if I ever uploaded it though? Or perhaps there may have been an issue with the upload? I don't know.

When I get home tonight I will take a look, and if it's not available here, I can zip it up and upload it.

It looks like Aerosoft will soon be releasing Helgoland for Aerofly. (soon meaning.....someday in the future or a different day if they so choose, unless it is later...or sooner, or perhaps after that if that's what they decide)

The screen shots on their forum look fantastic, especially for such a small little island. It looks like it will be a lot of fun!

Link below is for 'Helgoland for Aerofly FS2 (Forum.aerosoft.com)

Aerosoft Forum Link

Just incase the link above does not work...

[http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/top…#comment-861027]

Thank you Ray, very nice of you. I just wish they would give us a set of templates for the Q400. I see all kinds of great potential for that one.

I gotta say that I was really surprised and very humbled to see Orbx use two of those repaints in the preview shots when announcing Monterey and Eagle for AeroFly. I have been a customer of theirs for years with the FS/P3D line of products, so that was really neat!

Its nice seeing some of the Grumman / Gulfstream family around here. Some of you may have noticed my title (GACSavannah)... GAC honors the job (Gulfstream) and Savannah is where I am based, with this being the home of product manufacture for GII,III,IV,V, 300,400,350, and 450 in the past and currently the point of origin for the G550, G650, and the new G500, G600, along with the largest Product Support facility in our system (Largest dedicated Corporate Aviation maintenance facility in the world in fact).

I really like:

1. I LOVE the performance and the fluidity of the presentation.

2. The default aircraft are very nice

3. Orbx integration is fantastic. I like it better in Aerofly than I do in FS or P3D by a long shot

Would like to see improvements in:

1. Simple tools for scenery generation, similar to Ortho4XP

2. systems integration in the default aircraft

3. Rain effects similar to that seen in FSW. Something about rain just really adds to the immersion factor when playing with challenging weather

4. Better control of weather

5. LOCAL time setting. Using UTC can be a little frustrating trying to remember the spread between UTC and what ever the local is for where ever...

Do not misunderstand...I have more items in the 'To improve' list than the 'I Like' list, however, what I like is substantially greater than the small minus' associated with the rest, with the possible exception of the limited areas to fly.

Jeff,

Just rattling something around in my head, so please don't put too much onto this, but is it possible that Steam is somehow overriding the controller with expected inputs from their Gamepad controller? I do not have a steam controller, but am just wondering of this entire issue has nothing to do with Aerofly at all, that your code may be perfect, and this may actually be a Steam issue?? Perhaps some code in Steam is expecting to find a Steam controller, and when it does not find it, the code applies the value to the X-52 instead? Perhaps this could all be from a recent Steam update? I'm thinking perhaps a steam update may have been pushed at about the same time that the Orbx Christmas sale started, which prompted a number of us to buy the content, and fooled us (ie. fooled ME) into presuming that it was the new content causing the issue, when it was simply a coincidental timing? I do recall seeing a steam update push after doing a reboot last week...