Posts by GACSavannah

Is it possible to de-install only one DLC to check if it is related to?

Maybe this information can be helpful.

Yes, you can run the FTX Central Orbx configuration tool, and select to uninstall any individual Orbx package that you had installed previously. However, I have already tried this on my side and it was of no help, the problem remained.

I wonder if this is somehow related to the issues that had been previously experienced by users of the VKB Gladiator Mk II? What ever the issue is, I have no doubt that Jeff and the rest of the IPACS are doing all that they can to get this fixed as soon as they possibly can.

Before this is published all over the place: It is more than unlikely that a DLC is causing this. Again, we are aware of the problem, just be patient, we try our best to resolve this this week.

The fact that a mouse movement is somehow affecting the button 33 is a bug by itself. We now need to find out how to circumvent this problem without adding dirty hacks to our code.

OK, I believe that we understand that you are working on it, and realize it will take time, which is understandable. I was just offering any additional observations being that it was said earlier that you are not seeing this on your end.

I did go into the Orbx FTX Central 3 and I did uninstall the DLC content, and retried the controller setup, and the effect was unchanged. The Button 33 issue was exactly as it was before. I then installed a different DLC (Monterey) and again retried the controller setup, and again it was unchanged. Finally I reinstalled Innsbruck and tried a final time with the same results.

If there are any additional steps that we can take to help with the troubleshooting, please let us know.

:)

As a side note, I think that I probably speak for the majority when I say that not wanting to add dirty hacks to the code is exactly the correct approach. I believe that one of the reasons that FS2 outperforms all of the competition is because you have been very careful with your coding, and I doubt that any one here would expect for you to compromise all of your prior efforts just to expedite a solution.

I for one really appreciate all that your team is doing.

Hello everyone,

Just to add any possible helpful information, I also have now begun to experience the dreaded button 33 issue. I believe that someone above may have hit the mark, with the DLC. I have never had any issues with the controller in the past, and have verified that I still have no problem with the controller in other sims, such as XP-11. I did download and install a DLC last week, Innsbruck by Orbx (Looks fantastic!). After this DLC installation, I started having the Button 33 issue. I have installed the latest driver as suggested above, but it was of no help. I can confirm that the issue is somehow connected to my Logitec M310 cordless mouse, because any time I move the mouse the button 33 assignment flickers, and any click on any selection with the mouse, button 33 is assigned.

I am only using the throttle portion of the X-52, not the joystick. I am also using a Saitek Pro Flight yoke. If the X-52 is active, even making assignments to the Saitek yoke will generate the Button 33 issue. If I disable the X-52 then every thing works just fine with the Saitek.

I strongly suspect that the issue is tied with the Orbx DLC, because I had none of these issues prior to installing the DLC. This was the first Orbx DLC I had installed into Aerofly, so I am only assuming that I should be able to go into the Orbx FTX Central and uninstall the Innsbruck DLC? Perhaps that would help with troubleshooting? I will go into FTX and give an uninstall a try and report back.

Does anyone have any idea why my controllers (Saitek yoke and X52 throttle) are working backwards in Aerofly? I need to push on the yoke to get the animated yoke to pull back, and I need to pull on the yoke to get the animated yoke to push forward. I need to have the throttle at idle to get the animated throttle to advance forward, and I need to have the throttle all the way forward to get idle. I am not seeing any "Reverse Controls" in the controller setup page. Any suggestions?

This is very exciting! I am very much looking forward to getting creative with some scenery!

Will this download the GoogleEarth tiles to our computer so that we can manipulate them, or will this simply be a link to GoogleEarth that downloads tiles 'on the fly'?

Thank you Ray. Fortunately, I have been able to recover a surprising amount of lost data, especially considering that every thing was contained on the primary boot drive that failed. My big hold up at the moment is the video card that also failed. It was an old GeForce GTX 460 SE with a whopping 1 MB of video RAM, so I am actually surprised it supported me as long as it did.

I ordered a replacement GTX1070 with 8 MB which should be an improvement. Unfortunately, they sent the wrong product. I returned the card, and had them re-send another, which arrived today. Unfortunately, it was an identical wrong product. I have returned that one as well, and am now waiting for them to credit my card back, so I can try again with something different. Once I finally have the replacement I can fire the sim back up, and tweak a few paint jobs I have been playing with, including one you suggested :)

I hope all has been well with you!

To the devs, my opinion is to just keep doing what you are doing, there are clearly many good things in the pipeline and your energy is best spent writing code. However, don't underestimate the power of a little communication here and there to keep people on your side. A quick dev post here and there works wonders.

I would like to add that I agree that you should keep doing what you are doing. You know the game plan and the long term road map for development. Having said that, I must agree with John, that it is important not to underestimate the value of a little communication along the way. If people hear from time to time what is being worked on, what visions you have for future development, and what progress has been made, they will be much more accepting of the time being spent, and more patient with the development process.

I work for a company that is known for involving our customers in the development process for new products. Doing so pays dividends both for us and our clientele. We know what our customers want and need, and what they have expectations of. Our clients in return have input in what we create, and ultimately, what the final product will represent when the time comes to decide where to spend their hard earned resources. This is a true win-win for everyone (except perhaps for our competition). Partly as a result of these types of extra efforts, our customers have been known to wait long periods of time to receive their products, but they are willing and understanding of the wait because they understand how complex the process is, and what efforts are being put forward to deliver the finest product possible in the most reasonable time frame. Communication is the key!

Is it possible to access the existing paints and reverse engineer them? Or do we have to wait till a template comes out. The extra after all doesn't have much in the way of Panal details etc.

Not that I am aware of. Obviously, they are computer files, so in reality you COULD do any thing with them, but in a practical way, not to mention a legal way (you would need to hack the .ttx files...highly NOT recommended) you are on pretty shaky ground.

Me thinks we are probably better off just being patient while we wait for the proper paint kit for the Extra, along with some others I would love access to

Hey Guys,

Is it possible to re-paint the Extra 300 currently? I haven't seen any repaints of it so I was wondering if there is a paint kit available for it yet? I don't have any of the SDK but I'm getting bored of the same two extra schemes so I was going to dip in and have a go at a repaint. lol

Cav

Hi Cav,
    Unfortunately, no, there is not currently a paint template for the Extra. We have files for the 747, C90, C172, DR400, Lear 45, and the Pitts.

OK, I got it now, thanks! Posting my final working Config.tmc here for reference in case any one else comes across this issue...

Obviously, you will need to modify the [UserFolder] with your appropriate user for your computer.

<[file][][]
    <[convert_aircraft_settings][][]
    <[bool][ExportGeometryTextFile][false]>
    <[string8][IntermediateFolder][]>
    <[string8][UserFolder][C:\Users\Gipe Family\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\]>
    <[string8][DesktopFolder][C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\]>
    <[string8][MobileFolder][]>
    <[string8][IOSFolder][]>
    <[string8][AndroidFolder][]>
    >
    >

Thank you, but unfortunately it did not help. The process seems okay, but then fails at the end. Any other ideas anyone?

The error is "Error: Cannot load aircraft - set Aerofly FS2 folder in config.tmc."
    My current Config.tmc is as follows:

<[file][][]
    <[string8][UserFolder][C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator]>
    <[string8][DesktopFolder][C:\Users\Gipe Family\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\]>
    <[string8][IOSFolder][]>
    >
    >

So, I have had a total Hard Drive and Video card crash. Bummer.

I bought the new hard drive, and have started the nightmare of reloading every thing. What fun. Weeee...

After reloading FS2, I tried to compile a new Lear repaint with the SDK, however I keep getting a failure that says:

"Error: Cannot load aircraft - set Aerofly FS2 folder in config.tmc."

So, I have tried to set the FS2 folder, but I must be doing something wrong, because the error keeps recurring. I even removed the .TMC and allowed it to rebuild itself, but that did not help either. Can one of you really really smart people please help me work my way through this error?

My files are located as follows:

Documents Folder: C:\Users\Gipe Family\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\aircraft\
    SDK Workshop : C:\Aerofly SDK\aircraft_workshop
    Core Files: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator

Config.tmc is as follows (after automatically regenerating itself):

<[file][][]
    <[string8][UserFolder][C:/Users/Gipe Family/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/]>
    <[string8][DesktopFolder][C:/Users/Gipe Family/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/]>
    <[string8][IOSFolder][]>
    >
    >

Any help that you can provide to get this working would be greatly appreciated!!

Kerry

You are very welcome Ray. I am really glad that you are enjoying them! I am currently working on a few more for the Lear, and I recently uploaded a few for the 747 as well, including the 'combative' one I think I mentioned to you in a different thread.

I started some work on a couple for the King Air, however I am having a bit of an issue with the King Air's paint template, that I have not been able to track down a solution for yet.