Posts by TomSimMuc

Thank you Stu for your explanation. I will play with it...

I have one important feature wish:

Limitation the of OSM data area like ScenProc:

ImportOGR|e:\OSM\muenster.osm|6.6796875;7.03125;51.9485109588037;52.1630778751331

Two reasons:

- If you download an osm area from Geofabrik.com, some areas are as big as 2 GB and can not sub-devided.

These are too big and osm2AFS2object crashes.

- the resulting tsc file would become too big anyhow.

- if you split it to smaller pieces and try to do this with JOSM, one often gets an overlapping coverage, which will result in doubled objects.

Then I could run ScenProc and directly after it, your program with the same area limits.

I am not shure what is the better way: as third parameter or as line in the xml file.

It would be very nice if you could implement this.

Hi Stu,

yes I think it is senseful to assign a similar model to different nodes, if not a common key can not be found.

Another question:

How far can the schema be extended by the user:

-Is it possible to define different skilift types (way) and different pylons (nodes) below the section ski lift scenario?

- Can a new category (i.e. Cooling towers) added by the user?

I would be very grateful for some more examples.

Cheers,

Thomas

If you need a specific lift to be recognized correctly, you have to look into the OSM source. Either by notepad++ (see above) or by JOSM (see below).

Then adapt your xml to the filed_names (=key) and values listed there.

Regarding my example Herzogstandbahn (60 km SSE of Munich) with JOSM

Mark the cable car track (here: dashed red line)

:

and look into extended Information:

There you find the two key fields (red and green marked) to be entered into the xml.

You have to REPLACE the existing value.

Therefor I am working with a copy of the example.xml file!

Alternate entries for different cable cars may be possible, but there I need an example from a more knowledged person.

Cheers,

Thomas

How to generate a drop target

Copy below code into a text file and name that OsmDropMe.bat.

Position it onto your desktop.

Adjust drive and path to the real position of your osm2AFSobject folder.

I also copied the example.xml to tom_scene.xml

Then you can drop any .osm file onto this batch file.

Code
    F:
    CD \Geoconvert\osm2AFSobject\
    DEL osmObjects.tsc
    osm2AFSobject.exe %1 .\tom_scene.xml
    PAUSE

The resulting file osmObjects.tsc has to be renamed, i.e. Objects_Munic.tsc and copied to your assosiated airport.

PS: The only critical part in the example.xml file, which needs attention is this line:

<relativePathPrefix>"..\..\..\..\objects\"</relativePathPrefix> (correct, if your objects folder is 4 folders higher in your directory tree then the tsc file.)

<relativePathPrefix>"..\objects\"</relativePathPrefix> (if your objects folder is 1 folder higher in your directory tree.)

<relativePathPrefix>"objects\"</relativePathPrefix> (if your objects folder is in the same folder as the tsc file)

everything else can be left alone for the beginning.

I finally got the animated wind-turbines working with this xml-script (excerpt):

I tested this script with osm data of a wind farm north of helgoland and as second area, west of EDXE.

You will need to copy the animated models from a DLC which supports animated wind mills.

Hi Stu,

thank you very much for your great XML addition.

All is working so far.

I found, that I had to change the value="wind_turbine" to "wind" to get a match with wind generators in northern germany.

Can you help me with the animated ones:

All of my mills do not have a height parameter, so the static <default_ModelName> is drawn.

When I try to add animation parameters into the term, I get an error message that this node is write protected.

Code
     <defaultModelName>"Windmills\110M\windturbine_n90_110m_1_2"<animation rotation_in_degrees="90.0" duration ="0.0" time_scale="1.2"/></defaultModelName>

Can you modify my script please for animation of standard mills?

The fixed mills already show up:

You can quite easily integrate a xref object into the TOC file by this syntax:

All the preview pictures are here:

I edited my example in Can I access default Aerofly scenery objects? by deleting the height in the position line.

Now the objects appear in the elevation they should (here Neubiberg)

I call them in the tsc file as this:

All these objects (exept the trees from regular cultivation) appear without tmb objects:

Does the attached airport (15km S of Munich) work for you?

Hello Gnaez,

for most of the xref models a direct toc integration without 3D Editor is possible if they are part of the four mentioned libraries.

You can edit the toc according to TomBs example:

Can I access default Aerofly scenery objects?

Hi Stu,

regarding Oil Tanks:

Please have a look at Vienna tanks here: 16.5026131, 48.1730016

(c) Members of OSM

By looking at the extended object information you can determine the circumfence.

Substract the two X Coordinate range (projected) values from each other and multiply them by 0.476 and you get the circumfence in meters.

I checked this with 3 tanks:

Its also shown at the status line in JOSM, but I am not shure, if that parameter can be extracted from the OSM data directly.

Cheers, Thomas

Edit: replaced diameter by circumfence

Hi Stu,

thank you for your work with the XML file.

Regarding the animation parameters:

By analyzing the ORBX files, it seems to me, that only two other parameters show a varience:

<[float64][rot_in_degree][126.9580078125]>

<[float64][time_scale][1.1]>

where rot in degree should be a random parameter for wind turbines

time_scale should be identical for a turbine group at a near distance. It more or less represents the wind force.