Posts by mickatmian

Thanks.

-othervr had been added to the start options in Steam and it will now start in 2d.

I previously had 2 short cuts on the desktop to give the option of starting in normal mode or vr mode which worked well so clearly I am doing something wrong now. Perhaps you could take a look for me.

The targets:

"E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\bin64\aerofly_fs_2.exe" -----------------works ok

"E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\bin64\aerofly_fs_2.exe" -othervr --------------opens a box in steam and stops never had that previously.

Thanks Mick

HI,

After accidentally deleting Aerofly while doing a clean up :(I have completed a reinstall via steam (20+hrs).

I now find I can only start AFS2 in VR mode! which starts steam and oculus.

I have tried everything I can think of including an integrity file check, have set up various shortcuts and did get one to work in 2d last night but switched computer on this morning and steam altered the shortcut settings back to VR again!

What am I missing? must be something simple and I hate admitting defeat, but after all day yesterday messing with this I gave up and had a couple of hours on X plane.:)

Any help very much appreciated.

?( Mick

VR in Afs2 was working perfectly yesterday but today when I lean in for a closer look at the cockpit instruments the whole cockpit moves with me!:huh:

Any ideas, was there an update overnight?

Just check file integrity on steam everything validated.

Mick

Ray did you say neither the screen or buttons light? I have never seen that only a dead screen, also I'm not certain but I think I first used the codelegend program with win 7.

If you try that program again where it says "Power down the PC and all USB deices" at that point i have found it best to remove the power supply and unplug the usb device for a minute or so.

Mick

1. Pleased your motion sickness is getting less.

2. have most controls programmed to my CH yoke switches which works well for me.

3. Did not know there was a new driver, downloading now. Thanks.

4. Agree IPACS is the best.

5. can't wait 20 years (I'll be either be 93 or permanently flying in the clouds by then) already waited 30 years for VR and this level of sim.

Mick

If you want to know how to get this done PM me: I rather not post unsupported 'tweaks' anymore. (It's similar to but another fix than the one I posted earlier this week: this fix keeps the glass color and 'moving reflection': totally transparent glass looks odd on this one.)

Used your original post on this subject. For me it is an improvement and happy to take any risk with altering files to achieve what I consider to be an improvement.

Can you give me access so that I may PM you please?

Thanks

Mick

Spending several longggg minutes waiting for a program to load from a tape drive, spending even longer typing in code from a computer software book or magazine and then debugging when you typed an incorrect line or two, lol.

However, boy-oh-boy was it rewarding to have that game working properly and keeping us entertained for days/weeks, months!

How well I remember, sometimes up while 1 or 2 am with work the next day, then the elation when I found that full stop that should have been a comma, and the game finally worked. The long hours I spent learning Atari basic from a book and writing my own program, simple by today's standards but nevertheless cutting edge at the time.

That would be around 1980, when I was 35 and I remember a work colleague saying "you bought a what, computer, you mean like an IBM you must have more money than sense, there not for ordinary people!"

Pleased to say events proved him wrong.

My own son is 45 and a computer engineer so I must have influenced him some.

Mick