Posts by andiflyit

Yes,

That's better for me as well. Being in the scottish highlands right now and writing on mobile device.

Hi Rodeo,

it works now. I can use my old downloads for FSX where I only have the image and the AreaFSInfo_LP1xxxx.inf.

Paste the numbers from the inf file to the tfw and tmc file and than run geoconvert instead of resample.exe.

So hopefully we will have the object catalogue and generic objects

within this year and than we are lucky. :)

How can I place some of the generic trees which are spread all over the scenery in Aerofly in my little sceneries?

Happy flying

Andreas

Or just use the in game option in the graphics settings... It's in the resolution selection, just press left or right and you will see "windowed mode" as an option. No need to manually edit any files.

Oh oh, didn't see this. This solution is, of course, preferable.

But anyway, it works very well in windowed mode. I like it.

Cheers

Andreas

Hi all,

perhaps this is useful for somebody:

I've found that Aerofly FS2 runs very well in windowed mode. You can even fold it down, let it fly and surf in the net.

And there are no issues with the graphics when I unfold it on my machine. It just pops up. ^^

To stop the full screen mode simply change the entry at the top of the main.mcf in c:\users\documents\aerofly fs2

from "true" to "false".

Happy flying

Andreas

Hi all,

my scenery only has the size of a stamp in the upper left corner.

I took a 1m aerial image I've downloaded years ago with FSET. I have the image and the AeraFSInfo_xxxx.inf.

Now I did the xxx.tfw using the inft2tfw-tool. And in the tutorial for the xxx.tmc I've read that the dimension

of the complete scenery must be in here from NW to SE corner. But it's only 1 image.

So I took the corresponding LonLat for both corners from the inf file and inserted it to the xxx.tmc.

It's decimal anyway. The geoconvert.exe produces some small ttc files, but in the sim the result is as above.

I did levels from 9-14 from the same image.

Andreas

I think that should work, yes. Just bank the aircraft to a reasonable bank attitude and engage the autopilot. It should use ATT (attitude hold) in pitch and roll.

Or use hdg and keep the heading bug turning. You can also assign it to buttons or key commands. When ever the plane wants to level out, hold the button for 10s or so.

Jan, it's a good idea to assign the hdg to a button, I didn't think about that. I usually do not assign ap functions.

Thank you.

AFAIK that's not possible IRL. In most cases you need a lateral function to be active first to be able to have a vertical function as well.

E.g. on the A320 you can fly LNAV without VNAV but not the other way round.

IRL=in real life? I am afraid in real life it's not usual to view the scenery from outside,

but I like do do this in the sims. ^^

Ok, it won't work , this was understood. No problem, I will fly without AP in this case.

The Cessna and the Beech Baron. I didn't explain what I want, this is correct. ;)

I want to do the heading with the joystick while the ap holds the altitude.

This is very practically when observing a scenery from outside.

Hi all,

is there a command built in to display the framerates?

And for the autopilot: is it possible to shut off the level function without activating hdg or nav?

Cannot find this.

Andreas

It always requires courage to ask them that sort of question. They get cranky when asked about the future. I look forward to how they answer you!

"They get cranky" sounds very well. :S

I think one of the biggest problems of such a big addon supplier is that every single day a lot of people want them

to create something they don't have yet.

Nevertheless I am very sure that Orbx will create their own stile to cover larger areas with great scenery in Aerofly FS2.

And they will migrate more of the existing sceneries. If they can migrate LOWI they can also migrate KPSP or KAVX.

But this all will take some time. Or some more.

Andreas

Hi again Rodeo,

this is exactly what we need. The better this works the more fun we will have

and even more working scenery we will get.

During next months I will first learn how to do the photoscenery, because now I know

that we will be able to extend it very much.

Andreas

Are we / will we be able to migrate our existing ORBX scenery over to FS2 at any stage?

They have plans to migrate some of their scenery to Aerofly FS2, I don't know which one.

But this is of course what they did with KCGX and LOWI.

And they talk about Aerofly FS2 as a new platform for Orbx products. This can be found on the website.

And than, if you already own these products for FSX or P3d, you can buy it again for Aerofly with a 40 % discount.

They call this a "cross-platform discount". For me it's ok.

So I've already announced at Orbx that I am interested in buying all my California Orbx HD airports

for Aerofly FS2 again. I think these sceneries on top of the stock photoscenery would be great.

So far I didn't hear anything regarding this.

Happy flying

Andreas