Rodeo Professional

• Male
  • from Tuebingen, SW Germany
  • Member since Sep 26th 2000
  • Last Activity:
Profile Hits
  • Hi Rodeo, do you have an address where I could send you an archive with data samples ? BR Antoine
  • Ah thanks, they even offer streetlamps as shapefiles.

Currently I use openstreetmap editor directly, export data to osm, convert into shape and load them into my GIS. This gives me all kind of information, but streetlamps are rarely documented.

Only limitation is the download size of osm, but I use a manual tile system for it.
    Works quite fluently.
  • Hi Rodeo, another source for street light data: opendatanottingham.org.uk/dataset.aspx?id=35
  • Sharing on a private base is not fair to the community.
    I will publish sceneries which are no legal problem here at ipacs.
    Most others are sort of test sceneries, nothing complete to be published or shared.
    But I can support you using the converter.
    • would you make a video tutorial. alot of us have been requesting one. just make a quick one so we can set it up ourselves and get working cause i got a bit lost
  • i did send a pm- i said if i give u and FTP could you share some of ur scenery with me. Im having trouble using the converter
  • It will be interesting if tpowellau's co-ords are inverted. I know its a simple step but clumsy and prone to problems. I've found another streamlining opportunity for my TMC converter. Rather than click [E] to generate the INI, click [C] to copy the settings to the clipboard then simply paste into my web page. I'm also wondering if the TMC can be generated to output direct to a defined folder underneath the /documents/aerofly/scenery etc etc , so there's no need to copy files.
  • Hi Rodeo,

ich befürchte du müsstest die tmds vergleichen. Du kannst mich gerne auch per mail kontaktieren oder per Skype wie ich es mit Arthur pflege.

Grüße,
    Jan
  • Hi Mona,

zum Zeitpunkt des Erstellens wurden die Previews tatsächlich angezeigt, aber das liegt ja schon eine ganze Weile und etliche Updates zurück.
    Das sollte jedoch kein Problem zwischen uns werden. Ich aktualisiere das Modell demnächst und die Sache ist aus der Welt.
    Falls du mal in die Historie von aerofly sehen willst:
    [url]www.rodeo.onlinehome.de[/url]

Grüße
    Karl-Heinz (Rodeo)
  • Sorry Rodeo, für das was du möglicherweise falsch aufgefasst haben magst^^
    Mehr als dich auf den Vorschaufehler hinzuweisen kann ich nicht tun. Das Vorschau-Problem gibts bei uns seit Installation des Modells (und nicht erst seit dem 5.7er Update)! Natürlich steht es dir frei meine Angaben anzuzweifeln und auf Besserwisserei abzuschieben, anstatt dich von Tatsachen zu überzeugen. Fakt ist, das ich das nicht in der Problembeschreibung erwähnt hätte wenn es anders wäre! Vielleicht darf ich in dem Zusammenhang auf meine Beschreibung im Thread verweisen, in der ich vorab erklärt habe, von von den Ursachen keine Ahnung zu haben und mich deswegen auch nicht an Vermutungen beteilige (wie ein gewisser anderer User). Das dieses Problem so lange besteht, habe ich nur erwähnt um DIR die Ursachenforschung zu erleichtern - und nicht um dich zu verarschen!!! Doch sorry vielmals, ich gelobe Besserung und verspreche das dies ganz gewiß nicht wieder vorkommt. In diesem Sinne, viel Erfolg^^
    Mona
  • Hi Rodeo ... I've been flying Aerofly 5.5 for a few months now and am thrilled with the accuracy and performance of this simulator, especially with the sailplanes. I am a designer/builder of composite sailplanes in California, and would love to be able to have one or more of my designs to fly on Aerofly. Where am I going with this? "Building" a model for the simulator is well beyond my abilities, and I was wondering if there is any chance you could do so for me? I could provide you with 3-views, photos, etc and give my input as far as flight performance, etc. In particular, I'd like to see a version of my Caliber F3F sailplane. You can check out my stuff at acmeflyingmachines.net.

If you'd be at all interested in this project, please let me know.

Thanks so much.

Mark Triebes
  • Tolles Panorama!
    Macht irre Spaß hier zu fliegen ... :^)
    Viele Grüße,
    Frank
  • Karl-Heinz, have you received my email with Trolley/Ball? I sent it the day before yesterday.
    Best wishes
    Mike
  • Gosh! Rodeo, the giant of AFPD, asking me for a copy of my work!
    With great pleasure, I'll send it later today.
    Mike