Posts by Toorop

Hi

Sad feeling for me too

Despite many community members try to improve what AFS2 can offer (photo sceneries, airports,etc.) we still struggle with simple tools with limitations feeling there is not much editor's help (despite the community 's work made obviously the success of other sims)

Making a photo scenery for AFS2 with a good computer , the same resolution and the same imagery provider takes me 10 times more time (and efforts) than doing the same for X-Plane 11 and I have to close my eyes not to see the unchanged bad rendering water in AFS2

At least knowing you are working on the water rendering would have been a sufficient good new (if planed for less than one year...)

In these conditions it is very difficult to accept to be uninformed about future developments (personally ending wondering if they are really planed)

After making a lot of sceneries, airports and cultivation for AFS2 I personnaly went back to X-Plane 11 (waiting for 11.5 vulkan version about which we are regularly informed by Laminar ), and of course I will try Microsoft 's FS2020

I am ending today with my last scenery for AFS2, actually uploading it on flight-sim.org : will probably be the last one as I am tired struggling to get a good rendering after having done the same fore the same area easily for X-Plane (And FSX/P3D in the past)

Anyway will probably buy and try France VFR's future scenery at least to see "what could have been done"...

Sorry to be so direct but had to say I think AFS2 cannot exist without interaction with the community

Regards

Toorop

What I would recommend though is to try it when you're not using other apps on your computer. Unfortunately GeoConvert is buggy and seems to have several problems with restarting or hanging when other apps are being used.

Hello,

First thank a lot or this great work :)

I can confirm this :

If launching AeroScenery alone, it does not stop until all tiles are done

If I am using other apps in the while (coud even be only my browser), I have to press "escape" after each tile...