Posts by Schnuffelduffel

Hi all,

I am pleased to be able to present the next milestone in IPACS history at this point: Japan complete. No, that wasn't a joke on my part - I did the entire country (except for a few islands).

This is the completely hand-restored photo scenery of Japan. Everything flows, seamlessly and smoothly. Of course, it also fits seamlessly into the existing part of the Hakodate scenery.

Here is some statistics:

- Some areas in Tokyo and around Nagasaki airport are higher resolution and in 0.5m/pixel. More will follow. I would still like to do Hiroshima.

- Over 900 restored images

- The spacious ocean, as well as all the coastlines around the entire country with its countless islands, were hand-painted (!) by me. My right arm and shoulder now hurt from this. Forever. ;(

Here is a tiny excerpt to visualize what I mean:

Here any shots:

I hope I was able to give some people a little joy at the start of the year, and I would be just as happy if some people would send me a small donation to show their appreciation, recognition and support. It is a highly complex scenario that takes several months of work and is of payware quality, the like of which cannot be bought anywhere in the world - it simply is.

PayPal.Me

I came up with a little something special for Japan - a very special experience:
    I expanded the scenery to South Korea – all the way to Busan. If you want to explore my scenery for the first time, please start in Busan first and fly over to Japan from there - I might recommend it as a destination. directly Nagasaki.

Why?

Well – I thought of the “Wizard of Oz” and Dorothy. In the film, Dorothy initially finds herself in a black and white world and only when she arrives in Oz does everything suddenly turn into color.

Then I thought to myself: This could perhaps be a cool experience in VR if you fly over to Japan from Busan in black and white and everything slowly becomes colored. So I made Busan in black and white and when you fly over everything turns into color. Sorcery! ^^

Hope, you like it.

:)

TomFa:

Or to put it another way: I find my green tones to be an anti-depressant. But of course, color tones are always perceived subjectively - due, among other things, to the different arrangement of so-called cones and rods on the retina in the eye, which are responsible for light/dark vision and color perception. This arrangement is different for everyone.

Looks detailed, I assume that you have a procedure to remove the clouds in the images? The posts of Chris and me have been moved elsewhere. This forum subject is getting technical. Perhaps there is a forum specifically for developers of FS4? I don't consider myself to be a developer, it's just an idea.

Yes, I have my own, self-developed procedures to remove a wide variety of interference across borders. There is currently only a separate developer forum for FS2, as I see.

Very good work, however if I may say so, the green trend always seems too light or too apple green to me, if I can put it that way, compared to the original colors as in real life.
    I also noticed it for Italy and Spain. Is this voluntary on your part? But that's just my opinion. Thanks very much and Happy New Year!

Yes, the green is intentional. It refreshes my eyes and makes longer flights less dreary. You also have to add the trees, which in principle cover 90% of the area. I find it welcome when this green hue can be seen through the trees. These extremely green glowing surfaces are not used everywhere, but only partially by me. The scenery should offer variety.

Hi Marc,

This is half a misunderstanding. Although you can download higher-resolution satellite images yourself, Geoconvert doesn't make them any nicer. Satellite images are generally of terrible quality and you have to edit/restore them first, for example with Photoshop, to get a good result. Just look at my work - I'm someone who does this job. And if you can wait another two days, I will add the entire, fully restored Japan. :)

Warum machst du mich jetzt an? Bzw. emotionalisierst du deine Frage unnötig?

Totaler Unsinn. ich weiß was das für eine Heidenarbeit ist und sein kann. Von meiner Seite aus immer ein großes Lob für Deine Arbeit und wie Du weißt, liebe ich die Tschechen von Dir. Ich will doch blos ein paar Sreenshots, Micha! Ich will die Katze nicht im Sack kaufen -weißt Du, was ich meine? Und ja: Auch DU bist für mich einer von den Ersten von der Photoscenerie! Du hast hier auch extrem viel geleistet und geliefert! Also sei mir bitte nicht böse, wenn ich kreative Anregungen gebe! <3

Guten Tag - ich habe da mal eine Frage: Auf Basis welcher Auflösung sind die angegebenen Level 06 bis 11 oder höher? Verwirrung pur! Und warum gibt es keine Screenshots? Transparenz geht anders! Bei drei Monaten Arbeit würde ich mich doch auch selbst darüber freuen, meine Arbeit entsprechend zu präsentieren?

Hello - I have a question: What resolution are the specified 06 to 11 based on? Or higher? Pure confusion! And why is there no screenshot? Transparency is different! After three months of work, wouldn't I be happy to present my work accordingly?

What if only the large areas of water bodies (Seas, Oceans, etc) have textures? And the texture slowly fades away till the coast lines, or whenever it joins a river?

This way the AI or the devs won't need to retexture every coast, because the texture ends before reaching any complex landforms.

Take a look to my work.

I think this is due to the graphics card. I also have an RTX 3060 and the image in general suddenly twitches, as if I had a sensor problem. I play on a PIMAX 8KX, among other things, and my cockpit constantly twitches, as if I were constantly re-centering myself. I also have this jerking outside of FS4 - I didn't have it with my old 2080ti. That's why I think the 3060 isn't that good for VR.