Posts by larrylynx

As you have already found out, allowing some of the day texture to be present in your night map is a great way to add security lights that shine down a wall for example, places where you do not need the light to fall should be black as Kai suggested. Try to blend the light in a gradient fashion so its brighter near the source of the light. Even works with neon lighting if you add the extra bright colours

Steve

HI Phil

I have already considered including a map object which the user can update to his or her's personal preference. It involves a separate MainMap "aircraft". The user makes a 2048*2048 BMP image, of which 2048*1028 is used ( to get a wide map), the aircraft converter is then run on this "aircraft" to produce a TTX file which is then copied over to the lynx folder and displayed on the MIP. This way you can have the map of your area and even draw your route, notes etc. You can even put a picture of the missus if you want :)

Rather a clunky way to do things but it should work so I don't see why this couldn't be automated within FS2

Steve

So we have numerous real world pilots saying it's realistic, as an ex heli pilot, I know where my vote goes.

Perhaps the previous PRO version was not quite right and this latest version is spot on. If I were you I would be thankful the previous PRO wasn't quite right as it has obviously helped your desktop skills level.

The only way anyone can make a direct comparison is if you are proficient in both the real helicopter and sim world helicopter.

Steve

Hi Martin

The Mark 7 Lynx comes in one livery Light Grey and Light Green, only thing's to change are reg number and perhaps a squadron badge. Mark one's are black and green but the model is a mark 7 due to the reversed tail rotor which was much needed.

One day I may produce a naval variant, at which point the liveries are quite numerous so the paint kit will be available,

Steve

Hi Jan

Everything is useable in non VR by mouse. Whilst in VR the sim has a tendency to pick what is behind as if there is a cutoff and it stops selection of things that are close to the view point.

The throttles are fairly close to your head in a Lynx with the start buttons mounted in the end of these throttles. It's ok to select the far starter but the near one is impossible, its the same when I go to the co-pilots side. Selecting and moving the near throttle is very hit and miss, miss most of the time, but there is a secondary clickspot at the base of the throttle which does help.

I noticed on the R22 the stick clickspots are along the length of the lever so will try to emulate this.

Martin

My twin heli is right here on my computer, it's still to leave the ground but it's progressing. Modelling is complete it's mostly TMD stuff from here on in.

Steve

Hi IPACS Team

Would it be possible to have developer defined controls in the main menu. A separate tab would be fine

These could be assigned in the TMD files and appear in the menu for users to bind too buttons or axis. A second throttle would also be helpful for helicopters.

I have found in VR some hotspots are not clickable if they are too near to the point of view. In my case I have 2 engine start buttons but only one is clickable from the pilot view and I need to go to the co-pilot view to start the right engine. Having user defined buttons would help get around this

Thanks

steve

Careful when talking to the "other side" Master Obi Jan, the force is strong on that side, we lone developers know it well =O

Enjoy your well earned break

Hi Jan

Having some difficulty with graphics_skin

The cyclic rubber boot has its own texture map. I have tried vertex weighting with both vertex paint and manually applying, same result for both.

If I use graphics_skin the object disappears. If I change it to rigidbodygraphics, the object is there and does follow the cyclic movement. Code used is

Code
    1. <[graphics_skin][CoPilotsCyclicBoot][]
    2. <[string8][GeometryList][ CoPilotsCyclicBoot ]>
    3. <[uint32][PositionID][Fuselage.R]>
    4. <[uint32][OrientationID][Fuselage.Q]>
    5. <[string8][InputTransform][CoPilotsCyclicTransform.Output]>
    6. >

Any ideas ?

Steve

Hi Jan

Whilst looking into rubber boots (bag) and pedal brushes (F18 Throttle) I noticed that they all have individual texture maps. Is this mandatory for the sim or can we just use a texture map which is used by many other items.

Also, for a boot (bag) what vertex color do we need to add, I'm assuming its a blend from white to black, black no movement and white full movement. Only reason I ask, in scenery it is red and black.

Steve

Hi Jan

I am doing the pedal brushes which are similar to the throttle brushes on the F18.

It looks like you use 5 single sided polygons. I assume there is also a bone attached to these somehow. How does the bone get referenced if this is the case, what naming is used ?

From the TMD for the graphics_lip am I right in the following

Base....each end of the bone ( top, middle or bottom of polygon ?)

Rotation.... angle in radians that the top of the polygons move

Length.... length of maximum deflection

Fade... length from max to min deflection

Do we use a similar method for rubber boots around the base of the cyclic stick and the main rotor spider arms

Steve

Hi Sylvain

First off and I may be wrong, in fact I'm often wrong with this TMD stuff as I'm a learner myself.

Do you have an electrical system in your TMD ? Your RadioPanel1OnOutput needs a voltage from the MainBus. Your frequency displays use RadioPanel1On.Output to enable their displays, so no volts no display

Remember FS2 simulates pretty much everything so its more involved and you quite often need to go deeper than you first thought

Steve

Hi jan

Thanks for the info, No matter how hard I tried I could not get the numbers to perform right so I am trying another way to get my display.

I am using 18 drums, now don't laugh or say some choice words, it actually works and for what I want it may be easier. The coding to make the drums do all the things they have to is another matter but I enjoy a challenge. Quite where to get the info from and how to input things will test my logic skills. lat and Long, waypoints, bearing and distance, drift and the list goes on, yipee

Thanks Steve

Hi Master Jan Kenobi

When doing a numeric display how do we input the numbers for TargetPosition and TargetSize

I know they are taken from the lower left corner and they are UV co-ordinates but are the numbers across then up or up then across. I have tried both and they still do not work as they should.

Also, the 2 display polygons are next to each other, adjusting one seems to blank out the other one as if its being covered over. If I reverse the order of the Render calls the one that was blanked becomes visible and the one that was visible is hidden.

Steve