Posts by larrylynx

Very Nice model Tony, we need people like you to expand the fleet, how good are your TMD skills. Polygon limit is somewhat higher in FS2, my starfighter was nearly 300,000

An early Mk7 is pretty much a Mk1 with the opposite rotating tail rotor (much needed) , later 7"s had berp blades etc

Steve

Hi Thomas

Forgot I had an account there, managed to find one that looked fairly accurate, most were wrong. I know that when they draw the cabin door square things are not good. Also the lynx roof line kicks up slightly above the forward doors and 99% of drawing has this flat.

Steve

HI Guys

Have uploaded version 1.1, some fixes, autopilot, cold and dark (ish), new specular maps etc oh yeah, zero thrust on zero fuel.

My first engine off ended in a heap just short of the runway..come to think of it, so did the others. There is a quick way to simulate this if you can't wait for the fuel to reduce. TMD editing I'm afraid. Copy the "Just a Starfighter" TMD to the main f104g root, open this in notepad++ (it's free so you don't have an excuse), do a search for InternalFuelTank, change fill level to 0.1, save the file (not save as) restart FS2 and off you go, for a short time anyway

Although I have done my best to check things there may be errors, 14 TMD files can get a little complicated to check so just report things and I'll fix em

Have included short txt file here and in the main zip so please read, it will help.

Thanks to Matt for the specular maps and of course Jedi Master Jetpack, he's a programmer so got to be on the Dark Side

Steve

On one of my many crawls through the Tm.Log I found this entry

initializing dll 'AirManager.dll' in folder 'C:/Users/ste/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/external_dll/'...

The AirManager dll s fairly recent, 21/09/2018 so how extensive is the support for Air Manager

Now I know how to build models in Fs2 it should be fairly easy (subject to T&C's, liable to change without notice etc) to build a cockpit minus things I don't want to see

Steve

Hi Jan

Last question on Starfighter, for now

I am making the Starfighter load cold and dark, smoke and mirrors really. Would be better if engine stopped and engine sound off but it's the best I can do

I can make the gauges return to zero on the battery off with the following

<[needle][NeedleTotalAirTemperature][]

<[string8][Input][TemperatureSensor.TotalTemperature]>

<[string8][InputEnable][EngineInstrumentsOn.Output]>

<[float64][Speed][5.0]>

<[float64][Damping][0.95]>

>

I would like to do the same for hyd and oxygen but they use an input value which is a number

<[output][HydraulicPressureSystem1][]

<[string8][Input][20684270]>

>

If I add HydraulicPressureSystem1.Output to the needle input the sim gives me a wonderful stop cube. I tried EngineOutput.HydraulicPressureSystem1, same result. Also same with oxygen

Is it possible ?

Steve

Hi Jan

I have 2 outputs ZeroFuel and AboveZeroFuel (20KGS)

I can use AboveZeroFuel as a InputEnable on input_lever Throttle1Input and this does lock the throttle when fuel is below 20kgs but it stays at what ever the throttle is when this is triggered. So not much help

I assume I need to drive EngineN1 down to position 0.1 or ThrottleLever to a set value but can't work out how this is done.

Steve

I have uploaded some new TMD files to Flight-sim.org to fix the bug with the beta program, simply copy the TMD files into the F104G folder and overwrite the existing ones, remember to copy one of these new TMD's that you wish to use to the F104G root as that one will not have been updated

Steve

Hi

I have tracked down the problem, 2 lines of code in the HUD. Seems the HUD chosen doesn't support angle of attack and trying to increase or decrease the brightness isn't supported as well. Documentation of things like this would help !!

Will amend all 14 TMD files later today and upload a patch.

Steve

I thought you might say that, more headaches :(

I have uploaded some new TMD files to Flight-sim.org to fix the bug with the beta program, simply copy the TMD files into the F104G folder and overwrite the existing ones, remember to copy one of these new TMD's that you wish to use to the F104G root as that one will not have been updated

Steve

Hi Jan

I just tried and it seems to be just the starfighter, my Bucker and 211 are old versions so perhaps that helps and they load just fine. It all worked fine this morning but I was off line so no update. I deliberately let it do the update to check this out and now get the error

Will keep development machine off line...

Over to you IPACS ;)

Edit opted out of the beta and the starfighter works fine

Hi Jan

Think I will leave the oscillations in to give it some living on the edge feel, as was usual with aircraft in the 60's were nothing was perfect. F104 was probably more edgy than most so lets not make it too easy.

How do we increase the angle of bank for the standard autopilot or is this a fixed value within the sim, at 20 degrees it's quite pedestrian for a fighter. I have pretty much all I need from the autopilot which was basic in those days so moving to the advanced would not gain very much, apart from a massive headache for me.

Nav gauges now all work fine so something else of the list

Throttle reduction on fuel empty and enhance the electrics and I'm there I think until IPACS add more features. Volumetric lighting would be nice for landing lights ;)

Steve

Morning Jan

Changes to the switch has cured the problem and I have the heading bug working so it's a functioning autopilot so far. Will investigate moving to the advanced to get the speed hold. It is a strange system as you need to turn everything thing off to regain control and then turn things on as you need them. Seems like just the sort of thing they would have had in the 60's so it's stopping like that.

I do get oscillations in pitch at 629kts plus at 10000ft, disconnect the AP and it goes. Is this a limit or something I can alter. I kinda like it in to be honest as yet again it shows the primitive nature of autopilots in those days.

VOR pointer next on the list...yipee

Steve