Posts by larrylynx

Totally agree with everything that everyone has said... there is a downside..any scenery developed needs to be a very high standard.. which of course means lots of detail and lots of time. It's easy for ORBX to port something over as they have already built if for FSX but new build is something else

Thankfully FS2 seems to be able to handle ooodles of objects and not slow down.. my EGGP scenery currently has 1000 plus objects and now bump mapping and it still carries on without a hick up... maybe one day I'll break it but not yet.. Yes its coming soon but still need to build more objects.. so many objects.... think I'm going nuts

Steve

Hi Phil

Now bear with me here as I can build full size sims no problem but my programming knowldge would easily fit on a pin head, the sharp end.

Could we not adjust a line similar to

ReplacePolygonByBuildingRectangles|FEATCODE>=15014 and FEATCODE<=15028 and FAREARAT<=0.7 and FLENGTH>=10 and FWIDTH>=20|0.8;4;4|0.25;2.0;0.25|Integer;SPLITBUILD|1

or

AddAttribute|FEATCODE=15014 And FAREARAT>0.7 And FLENGTH < 10|Integer;BUILDTYPE|1

to give us a.. if else then type statement. Sort of, if this FEATCODE exists then don't add that FEATCODE as well

Like I say, may be a load of old coblers but best I can think of

Oh yeah, happy new year to the UK gang and everyone else

Steve

Yes Jeff I believe so, that way we could experiment to produce a set of toned down images for the UK for example. If necessary we could either share off line if thats how your team would want it or post them on the forum. I understand the problems with having multiple sets on the forum so any solution would be fine, perhaps we could also remove a few light lights from the windows too as every house/building seems to have an endless supply of cheap electricity...if only

Thanks...Steve

Buildings in VR tend to look un-naturally bright causing them to look a bit cartoon-ish , out of place and stand out like a dogs what nots. I refer to cultivation buildings. I know my airport buildings look a little bright also but those I can adjust if needed

Is there any way to tone them down

Hi

Until we can add more definitions in the # Create AF2 buildings sections I think we are stuck to just the ones APACS gives us.

Does anyone else find the buildings look too bright in VR. Also how do we get lights to appear in housing estates (tried 15760 and 15750), cos lets face it, us brits like our lighting.

Also planning to do just a roads (lights) map for purely night flying which is why I ask, perhaps this will not be too large so one file may well cover the UK. I know adding buildings does add lights but 1. it makes the files huge and 2, all houses are lit which looks kinda naf to be honest

Steve

HI Ian

Some photo editing programs allow you to make a macro that will carry out a series of instructions.

ie....open file...do what ever you want it to...save file...move on to next file and repeat

Nope...don't ask me how I just know Photoshop will do it as my daughter is a photographer and takes great delight in showing me all the tricks of the trade

Hi Phil and Ian

Managed to get things to work..

First I used version 2.16, this version seems to auto export FEATCODE without having to check any boxes or go digging

Second, the main error was the sloppy link between to keyboard and the computer....I omitted the prj files for each area..hangs head in shame :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if there is a breakdown of the FEATCODE's for the roads etc ie 15719 (motorway ?? )

Thanks for the help guys much apprreciated.

Steve

edit,, probably mentioned elsewhere in forum but its real easy to combine areas in fs2, i added another toc entry to my EGGP tsc file, remember to change the element number in brackets to whatever your next one is

hi

from the pic it looks as if your still in selection mode, click on the translate icon, the crossed arrows, you should see the axis arrows over your selected edge. then you can shift and drag. Max likes to be in certain modes to work

Probably best if you have a plane with multiple polys, when i say 4*4 i mean polys not a size, ie 16 polygons. just helps to see the effect when you add extra polys

I would also suggest leaving your airfield dreams for a few days and just learn max, watch some basic vids etc. Max is too powerful for what we need really and we hardly scratch the surface

steve

Ok

Managed to get scenproc to read the file by checking the box FEATCODE in the select fields to export and their export options pull down tab of the QGIS save as

I now get this error

10:51 ImportOGR Warning... Check the projection of your data. Unusual coordinates found.

Co-ords are EPSG:4326,WGS 84 or same as Ian's pic

Maybe progress ...

Also noticed when you hover over the importOGS line item 2 of the little help pop up mentions bounding boxes to specify a region...are you listening Ian

Had a look at your save as and its different than mine, I have the 'select fields to export and their export options' pull down tab.. I'm using QGIS 2.18

As I now have a 6 year old trying to help I'll let her work out where I'm going wrong....

Steve

Phil

Just tried again, data looks fine in QGIS, right click on the layer..save as...follow your instructions..are there any other check boxes within the save as ...ie encoding, geometry, extent...that I should change etc.. I then click ok..wait a short time for it to save file as a KML

Open sceneproc, use you spc file..changed for my locations and file details... and then nothing is read from the file...TOC is empty

Had a look at KML file in notepad and it has data, wether its correct for sceneproc I do not know.

MMMM back to the drawing board

Steve

Hi Phil and Ian

Never having produced a TOC file using this method (no probs with OSM) I'm wondering just how big they are...reason I ask is this

As we are converting OS data to KML and then to TOC can we safely say that copyright is no longer applicable as we no longer use the original data, if so and they are not too big then why can't we post them all to the forum so we just download rather than having to waste OS download time and our own time at trying to convert them.

I'm not being lazy here but it seems to make sense..Lets take Ian's london TOC problem.. say someone manages to do it but no matter how many times Ian tries he can't make it work...wouldn't it be sensible to simply say..here you are mate just use my file...

Guess I'll have another crack at this and then probably give up...maybe eventually on FS2 as I will be missing out and then I'll stop developing EGGP...ok I won't..just tying to make you all feel sorry for me. ;)

Steve