Posts by rairic

Chill out dude.

It's a 60 dollar piece of software and it's not unreasonable to expect an update.

I tried your gc map mod with 0.1 on aileron and 0.3 on elevator

Wow, 0.3 on the elevator. How's rotation? At 0.5 with max sensitivity and a crazy amount of trim I can barely get out of shorter runways, with half maximum deflection it's nearly impossible to get out of that crazy 737 tail ground effect.

I don't remember being able to pull 6 aileron rolls at low altitude in the milviz 737-200 in P3D 8o

I get your logic but nobody has a force feedback yoke that can actually limit control surface movement vs speed (also no force feedback in the game) so it has to be simulated in the code right? The 737 experience should be all about wrestling the yoke on final and that's just not there at the moment.

Looks like the 737 is using both ailerons and spoilers irrespective of speed. Lame.

I cut the ailerons/spoliers travel in half with this modification in the custom 737 gc-map I use:

<[tmchannelmap][element][82]

<[string8][FunctionID][Aileron]>

<[string8][InputID][X]>

<[uint64][DeviceUniqueID][1468347801101187030]>

<[string8][DeviceIDString][HOTAS Cougar Joystick]>

<[bool][IsDigital][false]>

<[bool][IsValue][false]>

<[float64][Sign][0.5]>

<[float64][Direction][1]>

It feels pretty good in the 150-200kt range but you lose a bit of roll responsiveness on short final below 135kt.

Considering this is a Frankenstein plane there's nothing wrong with landing at 140kt and flaps 30.

Thanks for the tip ken, I'm using your script to make some streetlight scenery, great stuff.

Increasing the area size helps but I think the problem lies within the engine itself and how it handles draw distance in general, the lights are part of the high-lod radius and that's about half of the total draw distance I think.

Right now the only way to avoid the lights turning on in the distance is to either fly low or decrease the visibility and add some clouds to hide the issue.

Would it be possible to show the actual visibility in Statute Miles and the cloud base in Feet instead of just the sliders in the next update?

Would be nice to be able to fine tune the weather to fly IFR approaches to minima

This is what I did in the gc-map config file in the documents folder, added a .5 to the Sign and it def feels better

<[tmchannelmap][element][28]

<[string8][FunctionID][ElevatorTrim]>

<[string8][InputID][Pov 0 Up]>

<[bool][IsDigital][true]>

<[bool][IsValue][false]>

<[float64][Sign][1.5]>

>

<[tmchannelmap][element][29]

<[string8][FunctionID][ElevatorTrim]>

<[string8][InputID][Pov 0 Down]>

<[bool][IsValue][false]>

<[float64][Sign][-1.5]>

>

After the latest major update the way scenery is loaded in game has changed and now the excellent custom streetlight scenery/ autogen (Salt Lake City, Las Vegas etc.) only pops in in its entirety when flying right over its center/reference point even on Ultra settings.

Before the update the dynamic was different with sections of the scenery loading in as soon as the edge of the LOD circle (30NM or so from the aircraft) reached its outer limit. IPACS streetlights (Denver, Aspen) pop in correctly in the distance.

The devs told us to edit the custom scenery folders, renaming them with coordinates, but that doesn't seem to help.

Am I missing something?

All done!!!

Thanks a lot Steve, you're a LEGEND! Having the ND range switches at my fingertips is a dream, no more immersion breaking mouse pointer and wheel BS.

Let me join you in asking for the devs to make the process a bit easier for the user, there is no excuse for something like this in a Simulator that heavily relies on VR.

Hey there, I desperately need help for a home cockpit I'm building.

I'm trying to map custom advanced controls to keyboard/ Joystick buttons instead of the mouse/ vr hands: stuff that's not in the basic gc-map.mcf config file, like the NAV display functions on the a320.

I found a controls.tmd config file in the a320 folder (Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\aircraft\a320) and it has the fuction I'm looking for:

<[control_cylinder][NavigationDisplayPilotRange][43]

<[string8][Type][knob]>

<[vector3_float64][R0][12.643865507 0.148 -0.1026279485]>

<[matrix3_float64][B0][0.965926 0 -0.258819 0 1 0 0.258819 0 0.965926]>

<[vector3_float64][Direction][ 0.965926 0.0 -0.258819 ]>

<[float64][StepAngle][0.45]>

<[control_message][OnRotate][]

<[string8][Message][NavigationDisplayPilot.Range]>

<[string8][Qualifiers][step]>

<[float64][Value][1.0]>

>

<[float64][Radius][0.01]>

<[float64][Length][0.015]>

>

I need to assign this function to a key press on my Hotas or keyboard insted of the mouse hover and wheel roll.

I tried to make a custom assignment in the gc-map.mcf config file (Documents\Aerofly FS 2):

<[tmchannelmap][element][77]

<[string8][FunctionID][NavigationDisplayPilotRange]>

<[string8][InputID][Button 28]>

<[bool][IsValue][false]>

<[float64][Sign][1]>

>

But when I load into the sim and I press the button nothing happens ;(. There has to be a way for sure, I just need someone smarter than me to figure it out. It would be a game-changer for home cockpit and VR enthusiasts.

Thank you for your time ;)

Hey guys

So first of all let me tell you that AFS2 in VR is just the bomb, so much better than MFS2020.

I just built a new sim rig for IFR and I mapped the MCP controls for selected heading, VS , course 1 and 2, NAV 1 and 2 to keyboard keys and it works great (if I hold the button down the value increases constantly) but for Selected Airspeed and Selected Altitude I have to keep mashing the button (the autorepeat isn't registered). Is there something I can do to fix this?

Thanks a lot!

Sorry about the title changes, I thought it would help as we're looking at a layered issue trying to get to the root of it.

I looked at the thread Thruster posted (Thanks buddy :thumbup:) and I can confirm that rolling back the drivers to the GeForce 442.74 release fixes the Vulkan issue on my system; so it does look to be related to the latest 445.87 drivers.

Hey thank you for looking into this :)

specs are the following:

i7 3770K CPU

GTX 970 GPU

8 GB DDR3 RAM

Win 10

Oculus Rift DK2

(Vulkan VR worked great on this setup in January - last time I checked before the issue appeared)

TM log :

tm.log

Can confirm, no error message but Vulkan is still broken in VR. On the other hand OpenGL seems to be working much better than before, I wasn't able to hold good performance @ 1.5 ss / Ultra without Vulkan before but now I can.

I FIXED IT !!!!

I deleted main.mcf in the documents/ Aerofly Fs2 folder and let the game rebuild a new one.

Still gives me the error but if I press "ok" everything works just fine.

What a relief :whistling:

Thanks for the help!

Might be useful to keep the thread up if anybody else has this issue, your call.