Posts by KJKsimmer

Glad it's not just happening with me!.. However, wishing to make something positive out of this, maybe we can have a competition to see who can throw the wheel and strut the furthest! (Please don't take that seriously... Just having some fun with it). Good luck IPACS in solving this one.

By the way, what's the location of the airport in your video?

- Kenneth

"It's a hell of a learning curve this geoconvert."

I will add this... A new tutorial is needed too, with a "For Dummies A-B-C approach to it. As this platform grows in popularity, more people will come to it with zero background in the sim, or its tools. We could do with a tutorial that assumes total ignorance, and takes baby-steps to explaining it all without assuming that the reader/viewer already knows the technicalities more experienced people take for granted.. "You need this tool, go to these resources, a file with this extention goes here, etc"

- Kenneth

While there is a great deal that simming will not prepare you for, one big plus point is familiarity with instrumentation. I had thousands of hours of FS experience before I first went "under the hood" (flew on instruments alone) in real life. I had taught myself to scan the instruments, and fly by them in the Microsoft series of flight sims for years before doing it for real.

Then, during pilot training, when it came time to go under the hood, something wonderful happened. My simulation experience met reality. On that very first time wearing those funny glasses, my instructor was blown away at what he was witnessing. He kept asking, "Are you sure you have not been under the hood before?" And I kept affirming it was indeed the case.

That's when something staggering took place. He told me to follow very carefully every instruction he gave, to the letter. And so I did, and after about ten minutes or so, he instructed me to put Piper Warrior C-GOCH into a descent. He kept giving calm instructions regarding heading, speed, etc, and, still flying with reference to instruments alone, I followed without question. Then, just as I was thinking we must be getting pretty darned low, he told me to flare very carefully and..... We were on the ground! "Keep the heading" he told me. "Add power and climb normally" he said.

A few minutes later he told me to take the goggles off. "Congratulations" he told me. "You just did your first touch and go under the hood into Hamilton Airport." (CYHM).

I remember shouting, "I can't believe you just had me do that!" He explained that he'd never seen anything like it, and he firmly attributed my unexpected prowess to years of flight simming.

A true story folks, and one that still causes me to shake my head in the sheer wonder of that moment more than 20 years ago!

Regards,

Kenneth

I just re-installed photo scenery for the whole of the UK into FSX. This product series was made by Playsims several years ago, in conjunction with GetMapping. Somebody thought it was NOT too expensive an undertaking back then. This IS possible folks, it's just a matter of co-ordinating the players, finding the pieces, etc. If we want it bad enough, it is do-able.

- Kenneth

Hiflyer.. Thanks for the clarification... Sorry if I sounded put out. I remember being in Fort Worth once, and some people there were convinced every Canadian lived in an igloo and fought off the polar bears. I literally had folk say that to me in a church meeting! I tend to be a wee bit over-protective sometimes!

I applaud every person who attempts their own scenery for Canadian areas. Many decades ago, I was one of the first people to produce addons for the MSFS series. Turned that into one of the first commercial outfits too. These days, I have less desire to be a pioneer in the flight sim world, so instead of learning a whole new format again, I I would prefer to see a premier company work on it, if materials were available of course.

I really do hope ORBX manages to source the images they need. They put Canada on the map again in the FSX series. I would love to see them do it in AF2.

Either way, we all need to keep encouraging the companies out there to rally to the side of AF2. The potential is massive, but the core team is too small to do it alone. Well done ORBX in coming to the table, now let's see if we can get the likes of Carenado, A2A, PC Aviator, and more to do the same.

Best regards

- Kenneth

As a Canadian, I also hope we see good photo scenery for those bits "North of the border". However, I once quizzed PC Aviator about it regarding their Megascenery for FSX, and was told the challenge is getting good source images that are commercially usable. I hope this has changed. I love my Orbx PNW, and their other "border" products in FSX (ie, Northern Rockies, Central Rockies).. BUT I fly exclusively in the CANADIAN areas of these sceneries. A new product that stops at the border will feel like a backward step, even if the product itself is brilliantly advanced. If they can get Canada in on the act for a PNW for Aerosoft FS2, I will fly it frequently. If they cannot, It will still force me to stay in FSX as my preferred Canadian sim experience, even with an earlier generation approach.

- Kenneth

Thank you Ray,

I took your advice, two files side by side. I think it was spacing. Now, how on Earth do I put buildings there? That's the next learning curve. New file text below. It works. You know, this is the easy way to share basic airports. A text listing as below, with instructions on where to place the file!

<[file][][]

<[tmsimulator_scenery_place][][]

<[string8][type][airport]>

<[string8][sname][Banning Municipal]>

<[string8][lname][Banning Municipal]>

<[string8][icao][KBNG]>

<[string8][country][USA]>

<[string8][coordinate_system][web_mercator]>

<[vector2_float64][position][-116.8501785 33.9225612]>

<[float64][height][658.54]>

<[float64][size][5000]>

<[vector2_float64][tower_position][-116.8559772 33.9217572]>

<[float64][tower_height][20.00]>

<[bool][autoheight][true]>

<[list_tmsimulator_scenery_object][objects][]

>

<[list_tmsimulator_scenery_object_animated][objects_animated][]

>

<[list_tmsimulator_runway][runways][]

<[tmsimulator_runway][element][0]

<[vector2_float64][endpoint1][-116.8591301 33.9225951]>

<[vector2_float64][endpoint2][-116.8428102 33.9224760]>

<[vector2_float64][threshold1][-116.8591301 33.9225951]>

<[vector2_float64][threshold2][-116.8428102 33.9224760]>

<[float64][width][30.51]>

<[string8][name1][08]>

<[string8][name2][26]>

<[string8][appltsys1][std]>

<[string8][appltsys2][std]>

<[string8][papi1][right]>

<[string8][papi2][right]>

<[bool][papi1_has_custom_position][false]>

<[bool][papi2_has_custom_position][false]>

<[vector2_float64][papi1_custom_position][0 0]>

<[vector2_float64][papi2_custom_position][0 0]>

<[float64][papi1_glide_slope][3]>

<[float64][papi2_glide_slope][3]>

<[float64][papi1_spacing][6]>

<[float64][papi2_spacing][6]>

<[string8][reil1][none]>

<[string8][reil2][none]>

>

>

<[list_tmsimulator_startposition][start_positions][]

>

<[list_tmsimulator_parking_position][parking_positions][]

<[tmsimulator_parking_position][element][0]

<[vector2_float64][position][-116.8577843 33.9214092]>

<[float64][heading][359.1]>

<[string8][name][Parking Position #1]>

>

>

<[list_tmsimulator_view_position][view_positions][]

>

<[list_tmsimulator_scenery_cultivation][cultivation_files][]

>

>

Hi guys.

I have tried to follow the tutorial, and have made a .tsc file, and placed it where it suggests. The blue runway symbol shows up in the "location" map, but it does not display the name of the airport. Also, when I click on the blue runway, I expected it to give me the window that allows me to place the aircraft on a runway, on approach, or parked. This window never showed up however. Here is the text of my simple .tsc. Can you see anything obvious that I might have missed?

<[file][][]

<[tmsimulator_scenery_place][][]

<[string8][type][airport]>

<[string8][sname][Banning Municipal]>

<[string8][lname][Banning Municipal]>

<[string8][icao][KBNG]>

<[string8][country][USA]>

<[string8][coordinate_system][web_mercator]>

<[vector2_float64][position][-116.8501785 33.9225612]>

<[float64][height][658.54]>

<[float64][size][5000]>

<[vector2_float64][tower_position][-116.8559772 33.9217572]>

<[float64][tower_height][700]>

<[bool][autoheight][true]>

<[list_tmsimulator_scenery_object][objects][]

>

<[list_tmsimulator_scenery_object_animated][objects_animated][]

>

<[list_tmsimulator_runway][runways][]

<[tmsimulator_runway][element][0]

<[vector2_float64][endpoint1][-116.8591301 33.9225951]>

<[vector2_float64][endpoint2][-116.8428102 33.9224760]>

<[vector2_float64][threshold1][-116.8591301 33.9225951]>

<[vector2_float64][threshold2][-116.8428102 33.9224760]>

<[float64][width][30.51]>

<[string8][name1][08]>

<[string8][name2][26]>

<[string8][appltsys1][std]>

<[string8][appltsys2][std]>

<[string8][papi1][none]>

<[string8][papi2][none]>

<[string8][reil1][none]>

<[string8][reil2][none]>

>

<[list_tmsimulator_startposition][start_positions][]

>

<[list_tmsimulator_parking_position][parking_positions][]

<[tmsimulator_parking_position][element][0]

<[vector2_float64][position][-116.8577843 33.9214092]>

<[float64][heading][359.0]>

<[string8][name][Parking Position #1]>

>

<[list_tmsimulator_view_position][view_positions][]

>

Thank You for responding Jan.

1. Aerofly FS2 version is 2.0.1 EA5.00 (20171016)

2. Processor is Intel i5, 650 @3.20 ghz with 8g of RAM.

3. Wheel brakes (toe brakes. left and right) are controlled by Saitek Pro rudder pedals toe-brake axis.

4. Parking brake is controlled by a button on a Logitech joystick.

However, if it is something in my system, not sure why the problem only manifests in the Cessna, and no other aircraft in the fleet under the exact same conditions.

Thanks for your assistance, it is appreciated.

Regards,

Kenneth

Hello, and thank you for responding.

It would appear to be on all runways and taxiways. If I am moving forward with reasonable speed, it is OK. However, slowing to normal taxi speed, or stopping, within seconds creates the aircraft bouncing up and down, and rotating leftward as it bounces. Then the right gear snaps and the sim resets. Will try and run some tests with same situation, location, etc, but other aircraft, and will keep you posted.

Kenneth

EDIT... OK, I ran a quick test. Starting on the ground at the end of runway 07 at KSBA (Santa Barbara). No winds. No brakes. When started with Cessna, same situation. Bouncing, rotation to left, gear snaps before even applying throttle.. Then started again, but with every aircraft in the fleet loaded one after the other. Every aircraft was stable, then back to the Cessna, and oops.. it did it again. This would suggest it is not a control assignment issue, because if it had been, one would assume consistent behavior across all aircraft models.

I am new here, so if this is not an issue that should be asked in the forum, please delete/move, etc. I just bought Aerofly FS2 (PC version) about a week ago, and am very impressed. Well done! However, whenever the Cessna 172 is on the ground, it bounces all over the place and then the starboard gear strut breaks off. I have tried checking to see if brakes are on, etc, but can find no reason for this. Any suggestions? Or, is this a known issue for a future update? Thanks for your feedback.