Posts by emfrat

You can rename your gc-map.mcf file to gc-map.mcf.last

Restart AFS4 and it will create a new gc-map.mcf and you can modify that as you please. If you don't like your changes, rename the new mcf to mcf.dud and and then rename your mcf.last file back to .mcf

Michael I have two links to threads about cultivation, but for scenery I used this guide from user Trespassers:

Searching on cultivation brings up Part One of your work. I don't think Part Two ever appeared - but it may have been combined with Part One later on.

Hope this helps

ATB MikeW

Hello Mike,

As a result, also do a simple approach to the number of downloads on FlightSim.org, then the number with a thumbs up, and without even adding a simple THANK YOU to the author. Then you will unfortunately have an unconvincing answer.;)

Hello Pascal - Flight-Sim.org shows 2735 members, and their Donate list only has 14 entries. I donate anonymously but I don't see my automatic donation from May 28 - maybe there is a reporting problem there? I would change that to a public donation, but I detest fuss. I also donate to individual devs, if I like their work. and they request donations.

ATB, MikeW

Hello Michael - I have the original zip file, it was a payware release on simmarket. There is a review of the software on flight-sim.org, but nothing else. I explored the zip, but I could not find any reference to blimp, airship, or goodyear. I will have another look tomorrow. There was a readme with a support link for email, but now I can't find it. Time for bed, I think.

Mike

Did you know that the CEO of Ryanair went into a Dublin pub and asked for a pint of Guinness' ?

The steward said certainly sir, that will be 2.5 euro...
    That's a good price...

We like to think so sir...

Now Mr O'Leary, will you be wanting a glass with your pint? ^^

Hello Pascal - there is some very good scenery and mesh created locally. I use the GeoffKiwi photo and mesh for AFS2. I like to float around and find airfields where I can land 'on the photo'. It would be great to have some fully developed small airfields for NZ. I have visited there several times and I would like to see more airfield sceneries ( or have the tools to create them myself.)

In my other sim I had a CH Throttle Quad, which has six 'rocker buttons' spring loaded to a centred position. I mapped one to Mags Both in the defaut/centred position. Up (while held) was Mags Off, and down was Start Engine (in case I held it up for too long.) This was for flying rotary engined craft, like the Camel.

Now in my AFS4, I have a Logitec yoke with the elevator trim button/slider mapped Up or Down, while held, and holding the new setting when returned to the spring-loaded centred position for neutral.

My coding skills are pretty rusty these days, but it seems to me the coding for those switches must be very similar to what Larry is looking for.

ATB

MikeW

I remember back in the middle of last year, Jan mentioned in passing that the team were looking at doing a particular thing somewhere down the track. There was an immediate response from one of the professional complainers, with detailed destructive criticism of how IPACS were getting it wrong - even though the team had not even started on it.

There is no reason why people outside IPACS should be allowed free access to commercially sensitive information.

If you tell the machine that frame rates are unlimited, you are saying "work as fast as you are able to".
    If you set a limit, you are saying "don't try to go faster than this".
    All the sim software does - haha, 'all' - is work out what the next screen to be displayed should look like. It works that out from all the inputs - throttle settings, control surface positions, switches, wind etc - and applies the result to the previous screen. All this is done many times per second by the CPU (central processing unit) and then passed to the GPU ( graphics processing unit, aka the graphics card) which actually draws the screen.
    If you have a strong CPU with plenty RAM, it will have no trouble managing all the other processes, as well as running the sim. A GPU with plenty RAM will take anything the CPU can throw at it. If the CPU can only manage to calculate ten frames per second, that is what you will get from the GPU. Similarly, if the GPU is short on RAM, a strong CPU can flood it with data, creating a slideshow. It is best to have a balanced setup. Limiting fps will reduce demand on the processors, and that could prevent overheating problems.

Yesterday I set up a flight in the Jungmeister at Christmas Island. When I clicked Start, I got the big red block with STOP written on it. I tried the Ju52 and that worked OK. Looking at the tm log, I saw that pilot_peter could not be found and had also lost his head, limbs, and body ! So I checked further and found him in \scenery\elevation. :huh:

Maybe he fell out during an inverted manoeuvre?

So I moved him back to \objects with the rest of his colleagues, and all is now well. 8)

MikeW