Posts by emfrat

Hello Antoine - a while back I was testing Krsky1's world wide airports in Rob Corn's NZ Coromandel scenery (btw, that is not generally available). Some of them were out of place, so I fixed that, but I found that if I started the Beech76 cold and dark on a parking position, it sat down nicely with the chocks and tiedowns. If I started it on the threshold, ready for t/off it was about 30cm above ground level.
    I like to land/ take-off 'on the photo', where possible.

Don't know if this is any help, but I suspect there is a clue there that I am missing.

ATB

MikeW

Well let's not start a war of every other sim vs AFS2. I remember MSFS4, which was amazing in its day, but it took about 30 years for MSFS4 to evolve into MSFSX, and another few years while LM developed that into P3D. That was with large, dedicated teams of programmers to make things happen. There is a great community here, just like UKVFR in the FS2000 days and later. I am mainly interested in NZ, even though I live in Australia, and I am trying to develop things in AFS2 to complement Rob Corn's , and Timmo's, VLC mesh and scenery. Sadly my brain does not seem to be as adaptable as it once was, but thanks to Arno, Nickhod, and others we have tools available to help that.

All these things take time - please be patient, and more than anything please work within the AFS2 standards, for filenames, file placement and so on.

ATB, Mike

While those "airports" may be of help for developers, I agree they may be rather misleading than helpful for the general user.

Hello Michael - I think they would have been better described as 'location points' rather than 'airports'. But they are very useful; and the author makes it clear that they should be installed with forethought, not en masse.

All the best, yet another forum Michael :)

Nick, there are tsc files, and some pairs of tsc and toc files. I have Rob Corn's AFS2 test version of his NZ Coromandel scenery, which is not generally available. The photo shows all the grass airfields and the excellent mesh lets you land "on the photo". Chris's files let me show these places in the Select Location screen, so I can choose a runway and a starting point. Very useful freeware, for now.

MikeW

I just wish that the people who are demanding this that and the other for AFS2 should be provided instantly would stop and think. Do they not realise that MSFS started 37 years ago, and had a big dedicated team to develop it until MS abandoned it?

The small IPACS Team have been developing a completely new simulator, and in barely 40 months, have provided things that MSFS never did. Please, people, pull your heads in and give them a chance.

Hi ! Hope your wife is recovering well 8). Do you have any news info about your project ?

Greetings

???? Mine ? But why ? What was offensive about my post ?

It is offensive (to me, anyway) because you are saying 'I know your wife is ill, but why haven't you finished the freeware I am waiting for?'

Although there are not a lot of Moving Platforms out there, I would think that not supporting such interfaces would be bad. A lot of us are dreaming of this and you would take away this long term vision, one driver to buy this or other sims. Also all the examples of implementations on flight fares, shows or teams building their dream cockpit would vanish. I believe IPACS would make an error not supporting this kind of interface. It is ok, if this interface will not work for a small time span, if IPACS implement an IPACS high quality interface.

I don't say IPACS should not support interfaces like that. I do say it is up to the manufacturers of such devices to buy a copy of AFS2 and get their act together. Certainly they will need to consult with the IPACS team, on final integration but 'consult' does not mean getting the IPACS team to do the manufacturers' work for them. The team are very busy building us a brilliant flight simulator.:thumbup:

Well, I think AFS2 is the future for flightsimming, and I like to see how it is developing, particularly the strong community involvement. I do not think it should be developed to cater exclusively for people with enough pocket money to buy VR sets, and motion platforms.

MikeW