I have some questions and some information for you.
At first, did you already build models like 'relevant electric foamies that most new fliers want' ?
To your questions:
1. Add a new model to RC8
Wherefrom do you get new models for the RC8?
2. Change a model from RC7 to RC8
Do you have own models for the RC7 which you would like to convert them?
If so, please send me one and I will make an example for you (with an English description what to do).
3. Modify an existing model?
For simple modifications you can use the model editor from the RC8, like in RC7.
Otherwise you must edit the <modelname>.tmd file using a text editor and make the changes.
I have not successfully built anything in RC7.
1. no idea how to build, so I currently have nothing to add.
2. I added some models (which I found on the web - only a few worked) to RC7. I do not recall which ones I added.
3. Is there a "model editor" in RC8 on Mac? I never found it on RC7 Mac.
3a. What do the field names in the TMD file mean?
4. Gone way beyond what I am able to do by the looks of it.
There are a few more models, and some good progress since I was last complaining about a product I had not yet upgraded. Arthur, I applaud your effort to add models.
How could I help an effort to model some Flite Test foam board airplanes like the spitfire (I am building my second), or a foam board flying wing? (have built a few now). My mental focus is lacking due to long-term effects of serious concussions. The instructions for me to do a full build would be rather long.
Thanks. Best wishes on the future of this product