Posts by Bellah1z

The EC135 has a twist grip on the collective lever that has a detent at 50% of the full range. If the twist grip is not in the detent then it is used for manual throttle control.

When you chose to assign a throttle input then you need to place it at 50% before engine start and leave it there for the entirety of the flight until after engine shut down unless you want to practice auto-rotations.

If you enable the flight information at the top (press "i" to toggle it) then you can see the throttle input (at least for number 1). It should be at 50%. There is a significant deadzone around that 50% range and in our tests it was quite reliable.

Thanks so I set it at the flight detent at 50% and it was then working fine.

if you override the Fadec with the twist grip is there any way to reset the Fadec as even if you move the twist grip back to the Detent you are then on manual throttle unless you rest the whole flight? Thanks

The EC135 has a twist grip on the collective lever that has a detent at 50% of the full range. If the twist grip is not in the detent then it is used for manual throttle control.

When you chose to assign a throttle input then you need to place it at 50% before engine start and leave it there for the entirety of the flight until after engine shut down unless you want to practice auto-rotations.

If you enable the flight information at the top (press "i" to toggle it) then you can see the throttle input (at least for number 1). It should be at 50%. There is a significant deadzone around that 50% range and in our tests it was quite reliable.

Thankyou I will try that, thanks for your quick response.

I am having issues getting the fadec to work with the new Komodo twin throttle.

I have set the fadec to on but the throttle still stays in manual mode and I have to manually adjust the throttle or it overspeeds the RPM or I get rotor droop.

Any idea how to get the throttle to match the ground idle ( start) and flight idle settings ?

What would be really good is a way to adjust the actual throw of the throttle outputs so we can set them in the proper range as the current calibration does not seem to be doing that.

I would also add my son has the new Puma X2 twin throttle and is having extactly the same issue.

Does the direct bought version get am update too?

Hi Bellah1z:

I can understand your question since you have been in this Forum for 3 years, consequently you know perfectly well the limitations of IPACs programmers . But.... that a newcomer member (he has been in this forum for exactly 15 days) starts asking for new airplanes, doesn't it seem excessive to you? As if his impertinence were not enough, he then offers us a series of answers in a language with a completely unknown to us westerners, (and surely infinite73, is a person from the west). If I did not like the initial question, I liked even less the characters used in the following answers. Please: let's be a little respectful with the Ipacs programmers who do everything they humanly can, and also respectful with the rest of the partners of this Sim.

Kind regards: Delfin

Yes I probably was trying to deflect away from the wrong question being asked but I agree the issue is not about new airframes as we have some beautifully modeled airframes that fly very much like real aircraft ( the R22 in particular) and what we need is more of an active world to fly them in. it does annoy me that they seem to be doing a lot of commercial installations but at this point it appears the consumer has not benefited from this even though we provided the base support by buying the sim to begin with! I think many of us would be happy to pay for a new version.

When will aerofly have new aircraft? :thumbup:

The question is have the PC users been abandoned for bespoke commercial installs and mobile apps? This sim had a lot of future and in many ways was the leading hope for us until MSFS came along. I am happy with lots of parts of this sim but the world is dead and has not progressed for years without the help of the few people here that do magnificent free add on works.

It's so sad that the developer can't do this as part of the program. Clearly they have more or less abandoned the consumer PC version now for bespoke commercial setups. I invested a lot on the software with add on's and we have been more or less abandoned.

Bellah1w I went from a gtx1080ti to a rtx3090 and I think it has been a significant improvement on everything. Especially with my wireless Quest 2 because the rtx2000/3000 havew much faster encoders. Your rtx2080ti is still a very good gpu imho. If you have money to burn go for a 3080ti or 3090. Either that, or wait for the nvidia 4000 series (2023-2024?). Personally, I'm hoping my 3090 tides me over until the 5000 series. I like to try to buy the best of any series then skip the next one.

Always good advice Tom !

Its already covered in my Perth scenery, picture showing your area of interest. Perhaps a simple thank you for the work that's already been made would of not gone a miss.

Oh maybe I did not download the scenery properly as I only have Perth City! I better revisit the download as it certainly did not look like that! I have been waiting for someone with more skills than I have to fill in this part of the world! I better go check it out. I can't believe I missed it! Thanks , very excited!

I wish someone would do WA or at least Jandakot and the surrounds as its one of the busiest training and GA and RFDS airports in Australia.

I have never been able to stop planes up to 50feet away in VR when they are on the ground looking like they are floating above the runway.

If you use either your left or right eye on its own the perspective looks correct but opening both eyes it looks strange and out of perspective .

Is there a fix for this?

I have the direct download version and I think it’s great, especially in VR. Looks to me like the Steam basic plus dlc1 would give me the all I need and would cost a little less. Plus I could then also use it on other pc’s without needing another license.

Don’t believe every review you read on anything imho. With Steam you can find out for yourself and get a refund if you’re not happy with it (less than 2 hours use and less than 14 days since purchasing it).

Hi Tom. I find in VR that if I open both eyes with an aircraft up to 50 feet away it looks to be out of perspective and hovering above the ground but with just the left or right eye open in VR it looks ok. Is there a setting to correct this?