Posts by GregDude

Thanks to all the creators, it was and remains a fun scenery to explore.

Has an updated version been prepared or uploaded?

I heard rumors about improvements to the aircraft carrier and various other items, but cannot tell if a new version was ever posted.

Trying a tobii 4C at present.

The head tracking is too erratic for practical use. Even taking care with head movement and limiting angle in settings, the camera often pitches down or up.

Trying to land a plane when suddenly you're staring at the floor or ceiling is not pleasant.

The settings do expose an option to enable or disable head tracking. However if head tracking is disabled, eye tracking appears to be disabled as well.

I need a safe way to pan mostly left and right, and a little up and down, without erratic movement.

Thanks! That worked.

Happy my first guess that the cross hair icon meant calibrate. Didn't want to delete all my controls. Tooltips and focus / pointer over highlights would be a wonderful addition to the UI. That menu page does not have a ? help icon.

I'd like to bind wheel brakes to the toggle rudder on the Thrustmaster 16000 HOTAS Throttle.

The rudder paddle on this device tilts left or right. I'd like to bind the left tilt to simultaneously brake both left and right wheels with analog effect.

The problem is, squeezing the rudder left or right binds the entire axis, which returns 0.5 at rest, 1.0 to left and 0.0 to right.

This means the the device is applying 50% break in rest position, making it unusable.

I have not touched the Thrustmaster Target software and would prefer to remain that way.

Is there a workaround to make use of this axis?

The Approach Guides often end abruptly now, just after take off. Sometimes reappearing for a short section.

This is nothing like the old bug where they would disappear, then reappear if you exited and returned from main menu, or reversed the camera.

It does not appear to be intentional.

Using Final, not Beta build, though same for both last I tested.

I installed the 10m mesh first and found that I had graphic errors with towers appearing alongside the runway etc. Removed them and installed Taburet 19m Scandi-2 and it works perfectly and that scenery is beautiful thanks guys for all your work. :-0

Same here, will try the 20m mesh soon. Land appeared completely flat except for towers beside the runway.

How exactly does joystick sensitivity work?

Does it behave as time delay, smoothing, remap curve, or something different?

I ask because some people recommend lowering it, others raising it. A slider is present with no numeric values, curves or description.

From my brief testing, sensitivity seems to relate to responsiveness where the aircraft reacts more quickly to input change at higher sensitivity.

Enlighten me please.

GregDude Turn your Terrain Image Quality to Ultra. The Ortho image used for Power Plant was only converted to level 15, meaning you wont see it with even High settings.. The Marina should be visible with Medium settings and higher.

That was it thanks!

I can't believe I've been running at lower resolution. I'm going to look around Florida and Netherlands again now. I had been whinging to myself about the low resolution terrain for low flight. Perhaps I've been missing out.

EDIT: While this fixed this specific imagery, the existing Florida and Netherlands terrain appeared the same.

It sure does. Can you check your scenery\images folder and see if the 20 ttc files are installed? Check the path shown at the top of the image below.

Yep, all there under

C:\Users\NAME\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\addons\scenery\USA_Florida_Turkey_Point\images\US_FL_Turkey

20 files, ~2.5mb

The 'places' files are definitely being found because all the new runways and helipads are on the map and models are visible in flight.

Also double checked the cultivation file fl_46c0_92c0_01 was renamed in its Steam location.

My terrain image looks much lower resolution that your screenshots.

I followed the installation instructions, renaming that one Florida tile and copying the addons folder. The new locations appeared along with the models, so I think I did the correct thing. Just not sure if the imagery is loading correctly. The only difference I see is that the imagery tile to rename was in C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\scenery\places\usa\fl\cultivation.