Posts by FL54

Lights, parking brake etc. can all be easily changed within e.g, the aircraft takeoff, landing and clean tmd files

here's a copy and paste part from the a320_clean.tmd.

// parking brake off
    <[input_binary][ParkingBrakeInput][0]
    <[float64][Value][0.0]>
    >
    <[servoclassic][ParkingBrake][0]
    <[float64][Position][0.0]>
    >

// lights on
    <[input_discrete][StrobeLightSwitch][0]
    <[float64][Value][1.0]>

I think I will return it, if I do not get the CD, or the drivers that provide the possibility of working with this device.

I don't know how old this joystick is, but I severely doubt that if there are no Win10 drivers on their website, that they would be on the CD.

Usually the drivers on a CD are outdated and it is recommended to download the newer ones.

1. You can delete an assignment by clicking on the assigned button or axis and then pressing the backspace key.

2. If I rip that out then the F15 won't have a g-limiter (which is the main reason why it is in),

1. I can delete the assignment but not the axis itself. The rudder pedals are connected with an RJ45 connector which sees 3 axis and 2 buttons.

Only the x-axis is active and either one of the other axis or buttons is interfering e.g. with the thrust reverser ops.

2. The real one luckily doesn't have a g-limiter. That's why it has an aural 'over-G' warning and there have been documented cases of emergency pull outs with way more than 12Gs. There are even rumors about a 20G pullout but the airframe had to be scrapped afterwards.

Thanx for the closed gear doors on the Baron :)

It looks a bit strange that the outboard gear doors, which should move together with the gear since they are connected to the strut IRL, are moving on their own during the extension/retraction cycle. but that's super minor ;)

Concerning the sound on the C90.... the engine/prop sound combination works perfect on the Dash8. It should sound exactly the same way on the C90.

? What happened to my reply I wrote a few hours ago???

Hi IPACS team,

Not many bugs left so far since I've flown Aerofly FS2 on it's initial release, but some are there since day one. So I thought of posting these items in a single thread.

1. Most important; 3. Include the ability to add/delete axis and/buttons from joystick assignments. (That way I could e.g. use my T-rudders pedals and my T16000M joystick as intended). 

2. Correction for F-15E flight controls, which means no aileron droop, less aileron down travel and simple two position, up or down flaps.

3. Correction for the Baron gear doors. They should be closed when the gear is down as well.

4. Correction for the prop/engine sound relationship on the C90GTx. It's (behavior) is different than with earlier releases, but still wrong.

I remember seeing an autographed photo of one of the F-104 test pilots that had 116,000 feet written next to his signature. I don’t think they did anything special to the 104 like they did for the Streak Eagle just to break records. Just got to have a really cold day and everything tuned to peak.

That was the NF-104 and using an additional rocket engine and a Reaction Control System is really cheating ;)

The unofficial record set by the NF-104 was 120800ft back in 1963.

Any tips on keeping the wings level doing a manoeuvre like this. I always end up in corkscrew

Yes, keep the AoA low. I don't know how high I can climb with the Mudhen because the altimeter stops as 107300ft and then suddenly jumps to 141000ft.

Using the slightly modified RW procedure works nicely.

1. At 36000ft accelerate to M2.25

2. With a 4.0G pull establish a 60deg climb attitude

3. Once AoA reaches ~6deg keep this AoA. That way you can keep a bit of control over your F-15E.

Doing this easily proves that Aerofly FS2 is definitely the most immersive sim, despite its shortcomings.

Neither P3D, nor x-plane and not even DCS provide can provide the impression and feeling of actually being there so closely IMHO :)

You can grab both levers when you hold down the right mouse button ;)

I just wanted to know if it works then, you don't have to look down and use your mouse every time...

Ah, great info, thanx :) Unfortunately I have to choose, rudder pedals or correctly working reverse thrust, but that's a rather minor problem!

edit: concerning the reverse lever animation, the lever should extend almost vertically when unlocked.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Btw, if it's not too much trouble, unifying the reverser logic/ops for all jets would be great.

IMO it would really add to realism if the reversers could be unlocked/locked with a single key press and reverse thrust controlled with the thrust lever.

It's much more passenger friendly and more elegant if e.g. the Lear silently slows down only with spoilers and the reverser deployed ;)

Furthermore IRL use of more than idle reverse (except for safety reasons) is forbidden at most airports anyway.

Update. 12.21.2018 Managed to get rid of the interfering VKB t-rudder pedals additional axis.

Although nothing except the rudder axis had been assigned, the software controlled axis did interfere with the thrust reverse ops.

I had to select the 'remove all assignments' option in the controls menu and afterwards I re-assigned the pedals to the rudder axis.

Since I'm using only a T16000M I have to use a button to activate reverse thrust, I only get max reverse (as designed) but the additional axis don't interfere anymore :)

Found the problem but no solution. For yaw control I'm using the superb VKB sim MkIV pedals. They have an x y and z axis but I can (and want) only assign the y axis.

Aerofly does see the other 2 axis but it doesn't use it and I can't delete them.

Using the mouse for reverse thrust is unfortunately not an option (although it does work) since I can't grab and move both thrust and/or reverse levers together.