Posts by Bellah1w

Now that RC10 is on Steam I think it would be best for IPACS to stop selling RC8 on Steam and provide a free, or discounted price, for RC8 Steam users to upgrade to RC10. RC9 never actually came to Steam btw. Continuing to sell RC8 (for about the same price) is kinda silly imho.

I know that the previous response from the developer was that they could not do this, but I don't think that this is the case. Realflight did the same with RF9.5s and their newer version Realflight Evolution. Those that actually bought RF9.5s on Steam were given a free upgrade to Evolution. At the same time, Realflight stopped selling RF9.5s on Steam. Those of us, like myself, that already got a free Steam key to upgrade our Horizon Hobbies RF9.5 to Steam RF9.5s were given a 40% discount (probably should have been more imho), and this still is the case. This still allows RF9.5s users to continue to use both sims. So, this would also allow Steam RF8 users to continue to use this as well. Obviously, neither older versions will get updates, unless they are security related.

Personally, I prefer to buy apps on Steam because it makes it easier to transfer onto new PC's by just using your current Steam account. I already have IPACS downloaded versions for both RC8 and RC9. I also bought RC8, plus both their DLC's, on Steam so I could use it on multiple PC's (one at a time of course). Anyway, just my $0.02 worth.

Thankyou Tom, you are 100% correct in this .

is there any way to get the helicopters in VR to actually sit on the ground as the perception is they are floating above the scenery when on the ground and out of perspective when not using 4D scenery?

I have a RTX 4090 and an I9 13900KS at 6ghz and in VR as a helicopter flys abeam you ( past) there is a ghost image as it appears to be another ghost helicopter slightly behind .

I have tried low to ultra settings and it makes no difference to the ghosting.

I am using the Vulkan driver too.

Ya, this is a pretty well known issue. It does not effect my VR enjoyment since the 4D flying fields are already very good. Maybe there should be a note somewhere that suggests that you will get the best results in VR using the 4D flying fields. I love RC8 in VR!

Thanks I am surprised admin answered before you! How is your 3090 going? I have i9 9900Ks Oc to 5.3 ghz and a 2080Ti but its hard to find anyone to say whether its worth moving from the 2080ti on any sim yet. What's your opinion ? Cheers

VR works best in 4D sceneries and we even thought about limiting VR to these 3D rendered scenes only but decided not to.

In panoramic sceneries both eyes see the same background image and if you see the rc model in front of that background your head assumes it is as far away as the shadow it casts on the background. This visual illusion is tricking you into thinking that it's floating above the runway.

We could disable 3D all together in panoramic scenes but that defies the purpose of having VR in my opinion. It works great as long as you fly above you or if you can ignore the shadow or relation to the ground.

ok thanks for the explanation , maybe add a note to the VR menu as I spent hours trying to work out if it was my setup, Thanks.

Is the ex-135 completely flyable with the virtual controls or do I need a physical joystick?

I am a real helicopter pilot and I think its almost impossible to fly with virtual controls. Helicopters have so many degrees of freedom in their controls than a fixed wing and inherently unstable without razor sharp precise inputs. If you want to enjoy the helicopters on Aerofly you need to buy helicopter controls otherwise you lose 90% of the fun of this software. Please believe me that the helicopters here are as good if not better than commercial sims I have flown in.

Thanks for the incremental updates as and when they happen. I think the regulars sort of know what you give up for the heli community.

Amigo aerofly is a nice simulator .. But it has become obsolete with the passage of time .. There is no atc .. There is no global landscape .. There are no planes with functional fmc .. There is no real time weather .. There is no radar , the planes are half simulated .. There are no services on the ground either .. There is no pushback .. There is also no good lighting in the airports .. Aviation lovers are not satisfied with beautiful landscapes and high fps ... They want realism and aerofly is very far from having it ... They are very far from prepard .. Xplane and MFS2020 ... They should work more on the mobile version .. There they have a lot of potential .. Because in the pc version they are very far from the others

Actually as a real life helicopter pilot the R22 in this sim is good enough to learn to fly a real R22, it performs almost identical to the real r22 . There is nothing better on terms of flight fidelity. MSFS doesn't have a helicopter flight model nor VR so for us heli simmers msfs 2020 is no better than FSX,

I know this has been an issue forever but the annoying 3D clouds in VR when you move your head is really annoying me now I have the Lynx and I can fly IFR and up high.

Is this on the developers list as it would certainly add a big tick if that can be fixed up ASAP.

It's not just me is it?

Quote from the Manual "I am an ex-Lynx pilot and this Lynx is a very accurate representation, sometimes too accurate. IF YOU JUST WANT TO GET IN AND FLY, NO CHECKS AND NO UNDERSTANDING THEN PLEASE LOOK ELSEWHERE AS THIS LYNX WILL NOT BE FOR YOU. IF YOU CRASH, YOU START FROM SCRATCH...SO DON'T CRASH...THERE IS NO IN-FLIGHT START OR ON THE RUNWAY START. It isn't possible in real life so it ain't with my lynx."

Best part repeat : I am an ex-Lynx pilot and this Lynx is a very accurate representation, sometimes too accurate.

Thankyou.

Wow just wow I love it WOW! Dreamfoil drew me to XPlane ... this is the same quality for AFS2 . people will folow AFS just becuase of this.