Posts by ApfelFlieger

I think if new developments and/or revisions follow the rules published there ...

... it should work, right?

And in general, I always like to encourage people to stick to the conventions:

- no capital letters :(

- no spaces :(

- no special characters :(

- no backslashes (do not work on the Mac) :(

instead:

- lowercase letters :)

- underscores :)

- slash (works on Windows too!) :)

Здравствуйте, я хотел бы знать, планируете ли вы сделать A350 или 757?

Также заинтересованы в развитии наземные службы и погода.

Симулятор - это здорово!

Translationen:

Hello, I would like to know if you are planning to do A350 or 757?

Also interested in developing ground services and weather.

A simulator is great!

Nee, das scheint nur so. Ich überarbeite gerade alle heruntergeladenen Szenerien (und ich habe sie alle :-)) und manche lade ich dabei erneut herunter, wenn mir die die file_id fehlt oder ich an der file_id eine neuere Version erkenne.

——————————

No, it just seems that way. I'm currently revising all downloaded sceneries (and I have them all :-)) and some I download again when the file_id is missing or I recognize a newer version by the file_id.

Danke für Deine Antwort - das könnte passen./ Thanks for your answer - that might fit. :)

Wenn ich 001 entpackt, bekomme ich dieses mit insgesamt 3.937.034.600 Byte (001: 1,99 GB; 002: 1,95 GB):

When I unpack 001, I get this with a total of 3,937,034,600 bytes (001: 1.99 GB; 002: 1.95 GB):

I have tried on my Mac and cannot decompress 2 files:

1. from the page https://flight-sim.org/filebas…talia-update-01-from-02/:
      - file https://flight-sim.org/filebas…e-01-from-02/&fileID=2527
    2. from the page https://flight-sim.org/filebas…-with-sicily-remastered/:
      - file https://flight-sim.org/filebas…y-remastered/&fileID=2525

In both cases I get this message:

• Es gab ein Problem beim Lesen des Inhaltes von "..": Das Archiv ist nicht komplett

I also have the reaction with the locks. Therefore, I start the calibration in the 50 5 position and then move the thrust levers completely forward and completely backward. Then FS2 takes over the values for me. Now and then I have to do this one or two times in a row -- but so far it always comes to a positive result.

Analogous to the sceneries applies to saving the aircraft data of users:

Storage path for the APP version:

• /Users/username/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft...

According to IPACS, updates by Aerofly FS will not change the files stored there. It is also assumed that nothing will change there by Apple -- but there is unfortunately no absolute certainty.

However, before deleting the APP version, you should back up this data.

Storage paths for the STEAM version:

• /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft...

According to IPACS, updates by Aerofly FS will not change the files stored there.

However, before deleting the STEAM version, you should back up this data.

Note at the end: This information is given to the best of my knowledge and belief.

I have feedback from IPACS regarding saving user sceneries on Apple machines:

Preliminary comment:

IPACS is not so happy with the APP version from the app store because "Apple just doesn't do a good job of providing updates and large files" (original quote in German: "... weil Apple einfach nicht gute Moeglichkeiten bietet Update und grosse Datei zu liefern").

Therefore, the preferred version is the STEAM version (note from me: the STEAM version can also be used OFFLINE).

Storage path for the APP version:

• /Users/username/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/scenery...
      • .../elevation...
        • .../scenery_directories_with_the_data_for_elevation
      • .../images...
        • .../scenery_directories_with_the_data_for_images
      • .../places...
        • .../scenery_directories_with_the_data_for_airports_and_places

According to IPACS, updates by Aerofly FS will not change the files stored there. It is also assumed that nothing will change there by Apple -- but there is unfortunately no absolute certainty.

However, before deleting the APP version, you should back up this data.

Storage paths for the STEAM version:

• /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/scenery...
      • .../airports...
        • .../scenery_directories_with_the_data_for_airports
      • .../elevation...
        • .../scenery_directories_with_the_data_for_elevation
      • .../images...
        • .../scenery_directories_with_the_data_for_images
      • .../places...
        • .../scenery_directories_with_the_data_for_places (and_airports also works)

or

• /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/addons/scenery...
      • .../scenery_directory_1...
        • .../airports...
          • .../directories_with_the_data_for_the_airports_for_this_scenery
        • .../elevation...
          • .../directories_with_the_data_for_the_elevation_for_this_scenery
        • .../images...
          • .../directories_with_the_data_for_the_images_for_this_scenery
        • .../places...
          • .../directories_with_the_data_for_the_places_for_this_scenery (and_airports also works)

(Personal note from me: the bolded version (first of the two) is personally my favorite).

According to IPACS, updates by Aerofly FS will not change the files stored there.

However, before deleting the STEAM version, you should back up this data.

Note at the end: This information is given to the best of my knowledge and belief.

Ich nutze auch einen Mac und habe kürzlich die beim Mac möglichen drei Varianten des Abspeicherns von Dritt-Anbietern zusammengestellt und an IPACS mit der Bitte um Empfehlung für die beste Möglichkeit gesandt. Wenn ich die Antwort habe, werde ich sie entsprechend aufarbeiten und dann auf https://flight-sim.org/ veröffenlichen.

--------------------

I also use a Mac and have recently compiled the three variants of third-party saving possible on the Mac and sent them to IPACS with a request for a recommendation for the best option. When I have the answer, I will edit it accordingly and then publish it on https://flight-sim.org/.

Ich habe auf meinem Mac die ORBX-Addons und sowohl die App-Version als auch die Steam-Version funktionieren bei mir damit. Meine Externen Szenerien liegen alle in dem externen Verzeichnis für die App-Version und die Steam-Version hat darauf ebenfalls einen Zugriff.

Unfortunately, I can't say anything about the technical data :( . What does the log file tm.log say? :/

The file is located in this directory:

• /Users/username/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2

(Note: In the file you can anonymize your username if you want.)