Posts by aenbacka

Another possibility is that since you changed to position of the wheels, one of the previously defined collision boxes (fuselage or landing gear) now intersects with or is below the tarmac so a collision condition is reported and needs adjustment.

Thanks gonna test with your suggestions. The same behavior I had both with the old and modified gear positions.

There should be correct coordinates for the wheel origins and radius in the .tmd files, however, when loading the aircraft it "jumps" around on the ground and causes simulation to restart.

Contact spheres are used to position the model above the ground for the very first simulation step. After that the contact points have no impact on the physics what so ever. You need to adjust the wheels inside the tmd file to make the aircraft sit on the ground properly. Extract your 3D position for the center of each wheel and the radius and enter them in the tmd file, then it should sit on the wheels just fne.

Thanks a lot for the info, I will give that a try.

When working on updating the tmd file of the Carbon Cub according to the instructions for porting aircraft from FS2 to FS4 (https://www.aerofly.com/developers/air…o-aerofly-fs-4/), I found some steps that seems to be slightly confusing in the instructions.

• fuel_tank, fuel_line, fuel_valve, etc. are renamed to fuel_deprecated_… and should be avoided - I got an error that fuel_deprecated_tank has no property "MaximumQuantity", should this be expressed differently in FS4?
    • hingedbodygraphics InputAngle renamed to Input - Should this be InputID as I got errors using Input?

I have now got the tmd and tmc files modified according to the instructions for porting from Aerofly FS2 to FS4, and now it seems to parse without errors. Attached is a screenshot with the model loaded into Aerofly FS4 (new model modifications are still missing). It seems that the ground contact needs some adjusting though. Is this to be adjusted via ContactSpheres (still new to all concepts involved with Aerofly development)?

Thanks for all the video links, seems very interesting!😀 I also looked quickly at the TMDs for the gps 430 and 530. I guess that if the 3d model uses toggles and switches with the same ids, it should be possible to reuse a lot (some coordinates need of course to be adjusted).

aenbacka Actually, if this is your first time aircraft model effort where you want to maximize your learning experience, rather than take over someone else's project mid-way through where some of the work is already done wouldn't it be better to just do your own project from scratch so you can learn about everything from Blender 3D modeling to creating the aerodynamic model based on the aircraft specs and airfoil type to flight testing your airplane and that maybe is a bit simpler than the Piper Super Cub? Why not just do a version of the Quad City Challenger which is a ultralight that has a very simple instrument panel, no flaps, no GPS, uses a Rotax engine with auto-mixture so no mixture control lever required (which does not do anything anyway in Aerofly FS since fuel air mixture is not modeled). There is plenty of info on it available on the internet and you can even look at the freeware version done by GHansen for X-Plane 10 to get an idea about what its specs are and the airfoil type used. You can even download the free X-Plane 10 demo so you can use its Plane Maker and Airfoil Maker tools to get a look at the details of the model that could save a lot of research time. You would still need to do all the steps for Aerofly model creation including making your own Blender 3D model, textures, sound, and all the TMD and TMC files yourself but with much less complexity involved.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fil…-challenger-ii/

Thanks a lot for all the detailed information, I might have to look at the gps panel integrations, if I can find out how to implement them. It would be a good idea to work on a project from scratch indeed, could definitely be worth to consider. Have already been doing some work in Blender to learn, as it is the best way (hands on).

Will check out the Challenger and see if it would make sense to try model it.

Actually, if you are just now doing the 3D cockpit layout including instrument panel why put in the LCD center panel if you don't plan to actually code it up to work anyway. Just do regular steam gauge instruments and maybe VOR nav instruments along with the manipulators for them if you plan on supporting IFR .

Thanks for the photo👍 It is an alternative to go for the old panel. Jet-Pack (IPACS) How complicated is it to introduce a GPS panel at some stage? If leaving a reserved space for it in the 3d model.

Might be faster to develop if you avoid having to implement LCD instrument/GPS panels since it does not seem that Aerofly FS natively supports this kind of functionality meaning you would have to do the coding yourself unless you do something really lame like just paste in the regular map overlay display like the default C172 does.

Yes it is true that the displays are not directly supported by the SDK, so might be wise to look at those at later stage.

Hi aenbacka

In the end, it's is not Kai? It seems to me that the latter already had a panel on his CUB? Or is it a new model?

Hello,

This is the model which Kai has been working on, but due to limited time handed over to me. The interior on the model was not finished, so work on that part is now in progress (also exterior things like texturing will be improved on for Aerofly FS4).