Posts by PjotR22

I think it's more like: You already had the steak that you ordered and payed for and it was delicious. You also got a salad and a large ice cream on the house. But your appetite is still there so you wave to the kitchen to bring in another steak. Kitchen tells you that they first have to grow the food to feed to the cows before they can bring in more of that delicious steak. We have all bought a product as is. Every new feature or add on is a bonus.

So true...We have all bought a product as is. Every update is a bonus. We can ask for our wishes to be full filled but we can't demand anything.

I am happy to wait...Or even pay for 'Aerofly FS3' with more features like animated water, weather, traffic and more....

Some of the water in our Hawaiiian Islands will rival Dry Trotugas in emerald color, but, that is like trying to land on a photograph. I am talking about 'water' that you can land a float plane on and takeoff from. Nothing quite like the sounds of water lapping on the sides of metal floats on the old J-3 Cub.

In this case it is all or nothing for me, otherwise is it just wasted effort to make an illusion, but, I do appreciate the thought. 8o

Animated water and floats for some planes and the R22 helicopter would be so cool! 8o

I can go half under with the R22 in that Tortugas water, I expect the float planes we have will do the same....?

In the past I spend years flying RC heli's, also on floats and real water. I remember there is a good RC flight simulator with animated water and a Schweizer with floats. No cockpit view of course but water sounds and animation were pretty good....

And...A big thank you for the community with the skills to bring us those great free add ons like scenery, rotorcraft and aircraft !!!

I do feel though they can do even more with better tools, SDK?

That should be on top of IPACS 'to do list'.

Well, we have one or two patches of 'sinkable' water in South Florida and a user made float plane but I still have to check out that combination.

More patches of water like at Dry Tortugas and an IPACS float plane and a bush plane for that matter would be very welcome!

Maybe IPACS can help out the Hawaii team to implement a larger patch of 'Dry Tortugas water' ?

Overall I am very happy with the Aerofly FS2 as we have now!!!

Since you brought us that very realistic R22 I spend most of my time in this simulator.

Before that it was the handful of good helicopters in X Plane and DCS but the R22 flight model is far more realistic.

And with Steve's Lynx we have a heli with 'cold and dark' and probably another heli later on... :)

I do hope for animated water and more weather options (rain!) in the future if that is possible without too much performance loss but PC hardware gets faster every year so.....?

And another heli from IPACS with that R22 quality would be VERY welcome, I also hope for floats and a landing light for the R22 and other aircraft, I really miss that for flying at night....

Wishes...And we all want different things added but for now this is the ONLY sim that gives you 90 fps in VR while flying a heli that is close to the real one!

And lots of good (payware, freeware) scenery for short and low flights with rotorcraft so I am very happy!!!

Well...Let's hope it means they are waiting for coming major updates in Aerofly FS2...(FS3?) :)

But...As far as I know Orbx stopped making scenery (for now) because of the lower user base and accordingly lower profit/sales with AFS2 scenery, might have to do with that too... ;)

And X-Plane 11 is shortened to XP too, just no mention of version numbers...

Gute Spieleistung mit diesem PC, und das mit dem Neuen Microsoft Flight Simulatour?!:D:D:D

i5-7400@3GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Lenovo Explorer VR, 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals.

Da musst Du schon noch 1400 Euro Investieren.:D

Viel Spass wünsche ich Dir!!!!;)

Grüsse Enrico

True, the biggest selling points for Aerofly FS2 are a realistic flight model especially with rotorcraft and 90FPS in VR with a budget game PC like mine...Most of my hours in DCS and Xplane are at a mate's house and a high end PC..

Aerofly is still my favourite because the rotorcraft flight model is better then the competition, and the other sims out there are at least 500 bucks more expensive in hardware cost for the same performance.

Thanks to Aerofly FS2 I could invest in good flight controllers first to have a smooth and realistic VR experience at home too!

I am happy with the coming MFS, it will give the simulator world a boost to up their game too and that will be a benefit for us all.

Finally another sim with good graphics...

A living world with traffic and real time weather. Hope to see that in Aerofly FS2 in the future too.

But I rather have good VR performance. Will see if and when Microsoft will come with that. And no gliders or helicopters yet......

Hope to have a really fast game PC by the time they implement VR and helicopters 'cause I think we will need it for a fluid VR experience.

For now it is Aerofly FS2 and just a little bit of X Plane 11 and DCS...

This is for what I know of the only sim on the consumer market now that makes good use of a modern 64 bit multi core CPU. Longtime Vulkan support helps a lot for the GPU part.

That's why X-Plane and others dated graphics/game engine are much slower in frame rates.

I like the animated water in DCS and the traffic animation in X-Plane but these sims will have (like FSX, P3D) no future in the long run with their outdated engine...

In my opinion we buy a product as is, every update is a bonus....Complaining will not speed up development times.

For flying a helicopter in VR Aerofly FS 2 is the best there is, X-Plane has a handful of heli's with a good flight model but you get 30-40 frames per second which is not enough for good control with a heli. Good simulator though for airliners with that frame rate.

The other sims on the market are even worse with heli flight modelling with the exception of DCS but then you will need a very high end PC for good frame rates in VR....

With Aerofly FS2 we have 90 FPS in VR on a modest game PC!

And Microsofts coming product looks good but will probably need a high end PC too for those high end graphics., but no VR support, heli's or gliders when it hits the market...

Nowadays we have a handful of good simulators to choose from, each have their weak and strong points and I am confident Aerofly will get a lot better in time, patience...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Would be nice to have a R22 with floats to land on that beautiful water..... ;)