Posts by Phil747

So i thought i did everything right, but this time im in cruise with the MAX and i just can’t seem to get rid of the cabin altitude alert. I’ve been fiddling with the packs and ISO valve but none of them seem to remove the warning. Tutorials and PMDG website hasn’t helped, although i fixed the same issue on the NG before, can’t remember how. Help!

Edit: i set the cruise altitude while still on the ground as well and that obviously has done something

i get app crashes most if not every time i fly on battery power, always right at the end of the flight.

iPad Air 5 2022

was on Medium graphics settings, 80% pixel density, frame rate limited. no idea why, app crashes cant be hardware related because mine now has an M1 chip and 8 gigabytes in the RAM department, plus not even running it at the highest sim settings. anything you can look into Jet-Pack (IPACS)

i would say probably -300 as it's the most popular variant, maybe the NEO if the devs feel like branching out.

PW or Trents (Cathay use the Trent the most, as for other airlines like swiss or AF you'd have to find which ones they use - also could that pave the way for airline specific engine configurations? some airlines use trent 1000s on the 78X and others also have the RB211 on the jumbo but in aerofly they all get the GEnX and CF6 respectively)

whichever variant is most similar to the 320 that will be easiest to copy-paste.

Delta, Air France, KLM, Qantas, Swiss, Eurowings, China, Air Canada, Aer Lingus, Finnair, Cathay Pacific, Turkish Airlines. (forgot about CX and TK but yes those too, maybe at the expense of eurowings or smth)

Liveries I'd love to see:
    Etihad 77W

Korean Air 77W

Kuwait Airlines 77W

Egyptair 77W

Garuda Indonesia 77W

Air NZ 77W (white livery rather than existing all-blacks livery)

Japan Airlines 77W

Oof- I forgot that it's the -10 on the sim lol

no problem - a -9 would be nice in future, but also that 777 livery would be feasible though. In addition to Korean Air, Etihad, Egyptair and Kuwait Airways which also operate 777-300ERs but do not have liveries present in the sim yet.

The indicated green numbers are the thrust rating indication. Depending on your desired airspeed and your current payload and fuel level you will need a different amount of actual thrust. That's why there is a margin between what the engines could do (green rating CRZ %) and what is currently needed to maintain the target airspeed (current N1%)

Oh I see righty

Yes, this has been reported before and is already fixed internally but is not yet in the public release.

Hi Jan, I'm cruising at 35,000 feet in the MAX 9 right now and it's in the CRZ N1 limit, which the FMC says is 95.6%. Am I being stupid or is this a bug because the engines are only using 81.3% (267 knots indicated) should the limit therefore be around 81.4%? just wondering because 95 and a half % N1 seems a bit high for a cruise thrust mode.

also what has been amended in terms of the new 737's power at altitude as was mentioned in another post? did that mean even if in CRZ as opposed to CLB 1 or CLB 2, at altitude it will be able to maintain current airspeed without bleeding back?

Honestly I think the A330 would be the best next addition to aerofly.

Aside from the lack of GA planes or regional jets (i mean we still have the Learjet and CRJ900 - on that note it would be cool if a CRJ700 could be built from the 900 as well since this is the stance that IPACS takes with new aircraft: making the longer variant first then shorter ones later), it seems about time the sim gets another Airbus widebody given that we only have the A380 as a long haul Airbus right now compared to the 777, 78X and 747.

Also provided this is the -300 we’re talking about and not the -200 series, the A330 could be built with pretty much the A320 interior and systems, either PW4000 or Trent 700 engines, plus this plethora of operators to pick liveries from:

Delta

Qantas

Air Asia/X

KLM

Air France

American Airlines (ik they don’t fly anymore but I’d love an AA 330)

South African Airlines (also operators of the A340…)

Cathay Pacific

Aer Lingus

Air Canada

Air China

Yeah that’s pretty much it. Hope we get an A330 in the near future, it’s almost all that’s missing from aerofly in terms of airliners and wide bodies, maybe then except the 350 either -900 or -1000 version

also enables us to cruise at higher altitude (especially since 737 pilots love to flex on A320 pilots that they can cruise higher to FL410 :D).)

i dont know if youve tried it yet, and i wanted to find out from other users, but if you climb above any altitude further than FL340 and put either the 739 or 739 Max into the CRZ thrust detent that the airspeed will slowly bleed back? it's almost comparable to the 747 or even 77W when that gets above FL420, like the 737 is almost too heavy to sustain flight at those altitudes without losing airspeed?

this doesnt really affect the experience with the jumbo or the triple because you can fly those between kind of 36 and 40,000' (unless of course you try and take the jumbo to 45,000') but for both new 737s to be losing airspeed at 37,000' unless left in CLB or CLB 1 is kind of sad...