Posts by Phil747

The outside air temperature and tropopause might not be modelled world wide or even at all but above 30,000 feet in Aerofly observing the Mach limit in the climb will appropriately result in a rapidly reducing indicated airspeed so keep an eye on it but follow Mach No.

If a Mach No. hold in the climb is not possible try a carefully monitored vertical speed mode and creep up very slowly continuously reducing the rate to maintain Mach No whilst keeping the engines from overspeeding.

‘Reverse engineering’ the high altitude performance in Aerofly generates a remarkable specimen atmosphere miles away from the nominal International Standard Atmosphere.

You see for the flight i did yesterday, i let the aeroplane climb up to about 20/23 or 24,000 feet (while still having a target of 33,000 set in the MCP) and engaged the CRZ thrust limit. it promptly dropped the nose to about 300fpm and climbed the rest of the way inching up foot by foot. Today, i did almost the same thing but got a tad impatient so manually entered about 1000fpm around 32,000’ up (still in CLB or CLB 1 thrust limit) I have gathered so far that if it is allowed to climb up slowly then it will cruise at the right speed. Activating CRZ above 30,000 is still fine as long as the vertical speed is lowered, which the aircraft did automatically last time. In terms of values in the MCP, i aimed for Mach .785 on both occasions, which at 33,000’ is around 279KIAS, and 267KIAS at 35,000’, keeping the airspeed value punched in instead of switching to the Mach reading (either .78 or .79)

I defend what is right. As I mentioned in the previous answer I did a complete flight on the 737-900ER and didn't encounter any bugs. I support the sim because I see that the developers' work is great. Of course, there is nothing perfect in this life and there are flaws. Despite this, the simulator will be better worked on over the months as guaranteed by the developers.

1) you obviously didn’t get up to the parameters i specified.

2) you’ve also just completely contradicted yourself. is the sim perfect or not? your last post claims there’s nothing wrong, this one seems to say otherwise. make your mind up, and again, you didn’t even need to reply because, as i said, Jan’s response was just fine.

This allegation is unfounded. I just took a flight on the Boeing 737-900ER and everything went smoothly without any problems. You are probably making mistakes when piloting the aircraft. There's nothing wrong with the plane. There is no bug that could compromise the flight on the 737-900ER.

1) yes youre 98% right i still dont know what the hell im doing with the new 737

2) i got a dev response already, your entire post there was totally unnecessary. i see your overprotective attitude towards the sim still hasn't gone yet.

edit: get up to 35,000, set 267 knots indicated on the MCP, then stick it in the CRZ thrust/N1 limit and tell me if the airspeed starts bleeding back.

okay so i appreciate that weight and balance is a big thing to implement, but that means that every aircraft is programmed to handle a certain way. yesterday i took the new 737 out, 33,000 feet, in the CRZ thrust limit, and while it did take a lot longer to climb, it seemed happy at altitude. no idea if i'm doing something wrong, but at flight level 350, 267 knots indicated (M.785) in the CRZ thrust detent, the speed just gradually creeps back, like it's too heavy to sustain flight at altitude. have to leave it in CLB 1 to keep my speed or else it will eventually stall out. same for the 747; anything over 35 or 36,000 it seems too heavy to be able to cope with the altitude. 35,000 shouldnt be a big ask for the 739 but it seems with this one that it is. is it because i upped the V/S just beforehand just to get it to climb quicker and didnt climb slower like i did before?

what kind of altitudes and speeds do you guys cruise at with it? do you ever touch the thrust limits once it's in cruise or leave it in CLB, CLB 1, etc

Edit: the autobrakes on the 739 dont seem to automatically disable from RTO after takeoff as well unlike every other Boeing in the sim

The fuel use was always experimental and had no real effect on the mass of the aircraft. And due to issues with the fuel in the Learjet, Q400 and King Air we decided to just freeze the fuel level and thus allow long distance flights without any warnings. So far the users have no option to adjust the fuel so it's better overall if the fuel is not drained at all.

When we eventually add fuel and mass and balance to the sim the fuel should be consumed again. Perhaps we may add an option for infinite fuel as well, we don't know yet. That is a major change to all aircraft though so we could not add this in so close to the release.

No that’s okay, i did notice in previous aerofly versions that it wouldn’t affect handling or weight of the aircraft, but i did like that it drained (even if the original quantity was still fairly low) and thus displayed warnings once you’d been flying for a while. Thanks for the answer.

So in previous aerofly sims the a320 always came with 7620kg of go go juice loaded. I don’t know how i didn’t notice this earlier but im using the delta one in FS global rn and noticed that the figure has been bumped up to 7700kg. Not only that, but whereas the other sims it used to consume fuel, the FOB figure is actuually frozen in the new instalment. Any reason it was bumped up and frozen or purely accidental?

None of American’s A320s have winglets (sharklets), so technically it isn’t accurate to begin with.

Oh really? never knew. was gonna add that it would be better to stick to the real counterpart, since in the case of the British Airways 77W, the first few between STBA and like STBF don’t have a BA crest/coat of arms next to the BRITISH AIRWAYS lettering, and IPACS followed this when they made STBA without the crest. so they’ve recreated a real aeroplane before, why have some of the 320s gained sharklets when the real models they’re based from don’t have them IRL 🤔

I was on Instagram watching a story when I saw that :

It's a a320 I guess and when I see the winglet there is a logo. Is it possible to add it to Aerofly please?

Thanks by advance and have a nice day

buuuut… if you take a look at the registration of the one in aerofly, N127UW, you’ll see that the real counterpart has no winglet. i think this is better-looking, but aside from that, the one in aerofly has the winglet. The same with G-EUUL. Lacks a winglet IRL but still has the winglet in the sim. But oh well, have the sim-aircraft closer to the real counterpart, or just stick extra stuff on in the sim-one that the real one doesn’t have?

I love the game but the problem is that there are too many crashes. It mosly crashes when i'm about to do a flight from one place to another but when i'm free flying it works perfectly. I'm on the lowest setting, 90% pixel density, no clouds and traffic and it still crashes, even at the small airports at Kelowna. I never experienced a crash on afs2022 so i don't understan why is also crashes for me. I'm not giving up on the game but i am just taking a break from it until i get a better phone.But i still think aerofl is the best sim for mobile.

Thanks in advance

turn your pixel density down as well. no use being on low settings with a high pixel density ;(

Hi Jan,

The sound appears even in cold and dark, it resembles tapping of footsteps…

I’m not sure if this video will send but I found the same thing in it

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The very start when the camera is panned around the aircraft it has this distant thudding/tapping sound, and since it’s a YouTube video I know it’s not just my sim or speakers..

Edit: I have no idea if anyone else is going to hear it, on the old iPad or iPhone it makes no sound but on the brand new Air it does 🤔

Using the 737-900 for the first time from cold and dark. I’m on stand in JFK and there’s this really weird like thudding/tapping noise in the background. It’s not my iPad because it’s brand new and it doesn’t do this with any other aircraft. Is it 737 specific and if so what is the source of the sound?