Posts by orangedog433

Yeah maybe, but did you already succeed with England and Florida sceneries?

Of course. I've posted about android Landscape porting before. I also noticed that City Lights could be ported into AF2022. But I never knew how to do it.

orangedog433
    May 2, 2022 at 4:08 AM

Jet-Pack (IPACS) Can you add some sound effects of aircraft on the ground to AF, such as the vibration of cockpit interior. Many flying enthusiasts say that the grounding feedback of AF is not very good. When landing, you can't know whether the aircraft has touched the ground directly from the senses. Especially on devices with small screens such as mobile phones. At present, the sound effect of aircraft taxiing on the ground is too light, and the channel frequency is too low, which is difficult to distinguish directly by hearing. This is the most intuitive feeling of many players who have transferred from XPM to AF.

You over estimate how much time the average user spends with details like this. 90% don't know what an FCOM is and 70% never heard of the term auto throttle. They just fly around for fun and just want full control by moving the throttle slider.

You should refer to XPM for this point. Their aircraft will not have any operation on the AP when it is generated on the five sides, or even help the player put down the flaps. If you are a player who only relies on the game UI to fly, it is enough to provide only manual throttle. If they don't even know how to use the SPD window, the automatic throttle will only make them feel that the AF game is too simple to study the real flight principle. In other words, you pay too much attention to the gameplay of AF and ignore the value of the authenticity of simulated flight itself.

Can you reintroduce real-time shadows in the cockpit in 2022 or later? Now the update speed of mobile phone chips is faster and faster. Xiaolong 870 and other mobile phone chips can be competent for such image quality performance. Compared with af2019, the af2022 cockpit without real-time shadow has a lot less immersion inside. This is also a good performance opportunity for the interior lighting of the cockpit.

The FLIGHT IDLE protection is there for a reason. In the real world Q400 you would hear a constant audio warning sound if you are not on the ground with levers below flight idle. You actually do not retard the throttle in the Q400 during flare either, you pull it back once you have touched down. So this one isn't a bug, it works as intended.

Jet-Pack (IPACS) I see. I'm sorry I took dash8's throttle rule as a bug. Because I don't usually contact this aircraft, and I haven't inquired about its SOP or FCOM.

The addition of the trim button just hopes to give the aircraft a higher degree of authenticity. Because on the mobile terminal, I prefer to achieve the desired effect through my own touch rather than using automatic balancing.

With regard to the 737 throttle, I think if the player doesn't know how to disconnect the automatic throttle. Then you should give some tutorials to guide players to complete real operations, rather than making up a function that should not appear on the plane. The default state generated by 737 in the sky can cancel the pressing of SPD throttle. In this way, players can directly manually adjust the throttle even if they don't use the automatic throttle, just like crj900. Otherwise, this function will make players who operate according to FCOM doubt whether you have really restored the throttle rules of this aircraft. :saint:

Jet-Pack (IPACS) I would add that you should give the B737-500 a separate set of throttle rules. The SPD mode can only be used in landings on Boeing 737s made after 2010. The 737-500 in AF did not receive the new avionics. (In fact, no B737-500 has such a modification.) In SPD mode, the throttle cannot be pulled back to idle during landing, nor can the throttle be released by pushing the handle down to idle. Hope you can correct this error as soon as possible!

Secondly, the King Air C90GTX and Dush8 have a protection rule, which I find unnecessary. They all have an air idle on their throttle. The AF throttle is limited to this gear by sliding the UI while the aircraft is off the ground. When I need to draw down all the throttle on landing, this guard will hinder my maneuvering! You should remove the protection limit, just like the A320, and just keep the throttle stuck in place. Or allow the aircraft to exceed this limit when radio altitude is below 100ft!

6.Some known modeling problems.

Firstly, I found that the tyre traces on LCY runway of London City Airport were incorrectly mapped. Part of the tyre traces were not completely attached to the ground. Secondly, I don't think AF's pilot persona modeling should be seen from the cockpit interior perspective. First of all, your character modeling is not very sophisticated. The cockpit is very rough to observe up close, and the character modeling itself has some problems. Secondly, in some narrow aircraft, such character modeling can obstruct sight and affect normal operation. Unless you tell me that this is an Easter egg based on the looks of your internal IPACS staff, I think they only need to appear from an external perspective. Or maybe you should add an unlockable free view in the cockpit to help the player freely navigate the interior of the aircraft and complete operations.

(If you're considering adding a free perspective to your game, be sure to include it in the third person as well. More perspective on the aircraft means better representation of the detailed modeling of your aircraft!)

4.A collection of problems with Boeing aircraft.

First, the B777 provides basic emergency lighting with power on, rather than so many devices at once. Here refer to FCOM:

The battery switch

ON -

• On the ground and without power:

• Some switch signals are on

• Can start APU.

• On the ground, after AC power is turned off or lost:

• Standby bus bar and emergency light are powered

• The display on the left inner, outer and upper middle, and the CDU on the left are powered.

OFF -

• At ground level, the BATTERY bus bar has no power and the EICAS advisory information shows an ELEC BATTERY

OFF

• Airborne EICAS consultation information shows ELEC BATTERY OFF.

And please improve the hydraulic system of the plane asap! Do you think this is realistic: a hydraulic plane can still operate without electricity through the steering stick.

The LANDING RUNWAY on your Boeing PFD shows some errors. Unlike airbus's display, the LDG RWY floats with the aircraft's attitude instructions. Here are some PFD images of the 737. This rule applies to all Boeing aircraft.

Also, I hope you can add LDG RWY display to B737-500. This is a picture of a real plane, hope you can bring this feature to the 737.

5.Some aircraft throttle and reverse UI rule issues.

This is a recommendation for your Dush8 Q400, King Air 90GTX and the newly added CRJ900. For one thing, none of these planes has aoto-break. They both have reverse and manual brakes. But on the gas pedal of the game UI, they reverse and brake in tandem. This means that when I pull the brake, the reverse is also interfered with. If I have a requirement that I want to slow down with maximum reversal but I don't want to use maximum braking. Then I can't simulate it in the game. And Aerofly doesn't have ABS brakes. That's when you hit the maximum brake and the wheels blow out. But the truth is you had a way of dealing with it long ago. On the Learjet45, when the reverse is manually enabled, pulling the brakes on the UI does not interfere with the reversal position. You should apply this rule to the planes mentioned above. Or I think you need to separate the brake from the push back, and the manual brake needs to have a separate UI button or merge with the rudder like IF.

BUG Feedback Post

Jet-Pack (IPACS) Here are some new bugs I found. Some bugs have been around for a long time. Hopefully you'll be able to fix it in an upcoming release!

1.Boeing747 TO/GA switch error.

This is a problem you haven't figured out yet. Your designers have been treating the autothrottle release switch as TO/GA switch, the real TO/GA switch does not work. Here I give the reference from FCOM and the screenshots from P3D. Hope you can fix this BUG as soon as possible!

2.Some questions about the Electronic Flight Bag(EFB).

I can see you copied the EFB of the 777 and 787. How did their EFB calculate exactly the same braking distance? Or did your engineers give them exactly the same braking performance? That's one of the problems. Secondly, the takeoff performance cannot be calculated by EFB, which proves that you have not perfected this function. On the airport chart page, although the airport chart is displayed, it cannot be zoomed. This makes it difficult for players to find runways at large airports. Also, I hope you can provide players with a more complete airport map, including taxiway, taxiway numbering, more parking numbering... You don't have taxiway signage numbers for all airports in the game. Players often need to look up airport charts on the web themselves. The navigation page in the game is a complete decoration.

3.Trim problems in some aircraft.

On some planes like the King Air C90GTX, CRJ900, the balance switch is just a decoration. The King Air at least has a trim handwheel to help with the trim, but I'm not aware of such a thing on the CRJ900. So how do I adjust the Settings trim on the CRJ900LR? The trim switch on the 737 and B747 also doesn't work when pressed, moving the trim only a tiny bit. This kind of problem affects the flight experience of players very much. We hope you can fix this problem as soon as possible. Or you should have a quick trim adjustment button on the UI.

This is an interesting question. Players want their favorite planes in the game. Many of the planes in the voting are vastly different from the avionics of existing aircraft. This means IPACS will likely develop FMC and autopilot rules for new aircraft. But the actual planes that are out there, they don't do that very well. In both MCDU and CDU, many functions are limited. The performance of the aircraft cannot be regulated by the player. There is also a lot to be done with the aerodynamics. IPACS has a lot to improve on existing aircraft. Adding new planes would push that goal further and further away. To be honest, the mold of an airplane takes a lot of time to polish and modify. Many aircraft teams in other games put a lot of effort into making their models better. It also gives them a bigger profit margin and a better reputation. Instead of IPACS making more planes, I really wish they would spend the same amount of time polishing the ones that are already made and making them more refined. As a flying enthusiast and a gamer, I'd hate to experience a less-than-functional aircraft in Aerofly, no matter how many of them there are.

Moreover, these landscapes are already present in the default landscapes of AF2022, so their existence is quite redundant.

Their file names are as follows:

To add, the three DLC files to be deleted are called:

dlc_scenery_eu_scandinavia_p1.tme

dlc_scenery_eu_british_isles_p1.tme

dlc_scenery_eu_central_p1_v220 5.tme

Never delete files ending in “P0”. Those provide the airport modeling and base tiles for the game. If deleted, you will lose those existing airports!

3.Autopilot BUGs.

These problems never occurred in 2021, and the plane's autopilot operated normally. But by 2022, there are problems. And you must be lazy here too, all Boeing planes have the same problem on autopilot. This is also copy-paste!

First, when the TO/GA button is pressed during takeoff, the VNAV button will be kicked out.

It must be a question of the plane's autopilot logic. For the sake of illustration I looked up FCOM to explain the irrationality of this phenomenon (see B777FCOM).

TO/GA switch.

On the ground:

Press -

• Speed less than 50 knots and flaps not closed, select the baseline push on the THRUST LIMIT page

Force limit THR REF mode uses auto throttle. If the speed is less than 50 knots is not pressed

Switch, autothrottle operation is suppressed until 400 feet.

• Press either switch at a speed greater than 80 knots to remove the LNAV and VNAV ARM.

Air:

Press (display takeoff thrust baseline limit after ground departure) --

• Removed take-off and de-power climb and assumed temperature de-thrust

• START A/T in THR REF mode when A/T is in HOLD position

• Remove LNAV and NVAV prepositions if prepositioned

• Between 50 feet and 400 feet, choose TO/GA roll mode

• Up TO 400 feet, choose TO/GA roll and pitch

Press (approach when flaps are not closed or glide path intercepted) --

• Switch on autothrottle in THR mode when displaying GA reference thrust limit

• Select TO/GA roll and pitch

• ARM or switch on the LNAV if the LNAV path is available

• Press again -- Auto throttle on in THR REF mode.

VNAV switch.

Press -

• ARM, select or remove ARM VNAV as pitching mode.

• Altitude below 400 feet, VNAV in pitch on both PFD mode of flight signs (ARM) white.

• Switch on the VNAV at 400 feet above the runway level.

VNAV disconnect:

• Choose TO/GA, FLCH SPD, V/S, FPA, ALT or G/S pitching mode

• If the dual FMC fails

Remove the VNAV ARM using the following method:

• Press the VNAV switch again, or

• ARM APP

Second, LNAV button was kicked out when turning. The VNAV mode sometimes unnavigates itself, although the plane does not deviate much from its course when it is making a course turn.

Here I also refer to FCOM to give the logic of the plane, please repair as soon as possible!

LNAV switch.

Press -

• ARM or remove ARM LNAV as lateral mode

• White LNAV on the PFD flight mode signal plate during ARM. The previous The lateral approach still works

• LNAV switches on when aircraft radio altitude is higher than 50 feet and the following conditions are met:

• Within 2.5 nautical miles of current flight segment

• If not within 2.5nm of the current segment and on the entry heading of the current segment, hold ARM, then connect as you approach the current flight

• When connected, the horizontal mode on the PFD signal plate shows green LNAV.

• The aircraft does not select LNAV when cutting into the heading of the current flight segment, CDU draft line is displayed

Show NOT ON INTERCEPT HEADING.

• If NO FMC route is in use, select LNAV, CDU draft line shows NO ACTIVE ROUT.

• LNAV maintains its current heading if:

• Pass the last active route waypoint

• Pass the last waypoint before the route discontinuities

• Waypoint through the last offset waypoint

• Active not active route or active route cut, but not in the standard range of LNAV street

Within the

LNAV disconnect

• Choose course HOLD (HDG HOLD) or Track HOLD (TRK HOLD)

• Select Course selection (HDG SEL) or Track selection (TRK SEL)

• When the heading path is intercepted

• Dual FMC failure (if there are valid CDU ALTN NAV routes available, LNAV will Reconnect)

Press the LNAV switch again or the ARM LOC or APP, and the LNAV will release the ARM.

BUG Feedback Post

Jet-Pack (IPACS) These are some of the latest bugs I've found.

1.Spoiler logic problem.

It's a problem with the Boeing 777 and the Boeing 747. The spoiler, in pre-positioning mode, ejects automatically when the plane is grounded. But the logic behind Aerofly's spoiler was wrong. When the plane is grounded. The hydraulic lever on the main landing gear squeezes, and the computer signals the plane to eject the spoiler. If you look at an airplane like the Boeing 777, the landing gear is a small car. Only when all six wheels are grounded can the hydraulic lever be squeezed to eject the spoiler. But here's the thing: the landing gear isn't fully grounded yet, but the spoiler is up. This is a very elementary mistake. It happens with some probability, but it has been in the game for several versions. Now I report him to you, and hope to be repaired soon!

2.Some CDU BUGs.

It must be pointed out here that your engineer was lazy. You used the same CDU on the Boeing 747,777 and 787. This not only made the CDU interface function exactly the same on all three planes, but also caused some bugs to exist on all three planes at the same time.

First of all, the TAKEOFF interface, the VR speed setting of the 747 is displayed incorrectly. All aircraft cannot enter CG data to make the computer display trim data.

And when the height of the plane reaches 1000 feet, the TAKEOFF REF data is reset. On the 777, both the entered growth and climb altitude and V speed will be reset, causing the plane to fail to climb according to the player's own input.

On the 787 the flaps will reset, but at 1,000 feet the plane will still start to ramp up on its own. That proves you must have been lazy on the avionics of the plane!

But in 2021, the aircraft will not have such problems (can you port the avionics from 2021 to 2022 instead of copying and pasting).

In the aircraft APPROACH REF, the weight data set by the aircraft cannot be obtained by pressing the L1 line selection key, and the data cannot be changed after input.

As a result, landing data calculated by the CDU often do not match aircraft performance. Why are the VREF numbers calculated for all three aircraft similar and different from the actual performance of the aircraft landing (unable to land at the Angle of attack indicated on the PFD)?

Looks like you have a lot of details to fix on both the CDU and the aerodynamics of the aircraft! :saint:

By moving the files you are introducing the risk of crashes and reduce the performance significantly.......

That makes sense, but in my long flight experience so far, I've never had any crashes. And I didn't feel any difference in performance (maybe because my phone works so well). The most performance-intensive aspects of the game are the clouds in the sky and the volume modeling on the ground. At the very least I don't feel like importing these textures will have any irreversible impact on the game. So I just published this post to give some guidance and reference. :/

It's not easy to develop both mobile and PC. We players often want a better experience, but you're tired of the workload. At the very least, I think importing these old files is the best compromise.

However, if the authorities really can't give the players what they want in time. They will find ways to make the experience better.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Jet-Pack (IPACS) You really should watch this video. We don't know how he got street lights into the game. But for me, this landscape must be what I think Aerofly really looks like! :thumbup:

4. Utah Landscape transplant.

Utah is officially available as a download in Aerofly FS 2022 and costs around $1.50 to purchase (depending on the actual location).

We can still port Utah DLC files from 2021 to 2022. But I found some problems after the actual test.

First, the Utah landscape files for AF2021 are similar in size to those for AF2022. But some areas were not included in the document, such as the mountainous terrain north of Salt Lake. But these are all well restored in 2022.

Second, there are some incompatibilities between the Utah document 2021 and the AF2022 game. Some of the airport building maps were incorrectly mapped with the following result:

The landscape DLC file takes up 1.5GB of space. Compared to the 2022 landscape, there are some compatibility issues. Porting this file to AF2022 is not recommended!Personally, I recommend buying the Utah landscape in 2022!

5. American HD landscape map porting.

In Aerofly FS 2022, if you want to get a view of areas like California and Nevada. The only way to do that is by purchasing the official DLC landscape. It costs around $1.50 (depending on the location).

But in previous versions of Aerofly, there was always a file to download about hd landscapes. So does it need to be ported into 2022?

As it turns out, it was very necessary! In AF2022, the production precision of the official landscapes for purchase and download is only equivalent to the default landscapes in 2021. Or just porting the default landscape file from 2021 to 2022, a DLC patch with hd maps is pretty important!

Here's how it looks before and after the addition of HD Landscape DLC in AF2022:

This file takes up 1.8GB of the phone's memory and is very useful for improving the U.S. landscape, so it is highly recommended that players port it into Aerofly FS 2022!

Disclaimer: This post belongs to technical exchange, all behaviors belong to modify the application behavior, the game may crash and other problems. Users are doing this at their own risk and that IPACS cannot offer any further support unless you uninstall the app, delete all files that you copied over and then reinstall it.

That's my introduction to the five landscape DLC ports!

Note that only Android users can perform this migration!

2. The issue of Aerofly FS 2021 landscape DLC file transplantation

Note that this feature only works on Android!

Disclaimer: This post belongs to technical exchange, all behaviors belong to modify the application behavior, the game may crash and other problems. Users are doing this at their own risk and that IPACS cannot offer any further support unless you uninstall the app, delete all files that you copied over and then reinstall it.

First let's evaluate the value of this question. In Aerofly FS 2022, you need to buy it in the U.S. to download it. But Florida DLC is not available for download. The landscape of The UK and Switzerland lacks a large number of house modeling, and the clarity of the landscape is much lower than that of AF2021. This proves the need to port the AF2021 landscape to 2022!

So let me introduce the effect of porting each AF2021 landscape DLC into Aerofly FS 2022.

The figure above shows five file names in 2021

1. Swiss landscape transplantation.

Move the Swiss landscape to Aerofly FS 2022 and the Alps and most of the country will be replaced with hd maps from DLC files. The Swiss region will also get housing construction again.

This file takes up 1.6GB of phone space and is a great help to the landscape. So this file porting is very necessary!

2. British landscape transplantation.

We port the AF2021 files into 2022, and the lost buildings in London, UK will be back. But the move of the DLC file will only affect city buildings in The London area, not anywhere else. Moving into this DLC without downloading the AF2022 landscape will not add any airports to the game.

This file takes up 1.8 GB and is only available for London city buildings. Recommended optional download!

3. South Florida transplant.

This region will not be available for download in 2022, but will be ported to bring the landscape from 2021 to 2022. South Florida's urban architecture and super-detailed airport will enrich Aerofly FS 2022's visuals!

This file consumes 520MB of phone space and is worth porting!