Posts by fighter_pilot21

In my case it's funny because ingame stats doesn't reflect the reality, only the real time AF has been open and active while flying them. Not the total times you used a plane.

In my case it use to be some of these depending on what I want to do. I'd also would represent a logical path or series of normal flights:

LEARJET: All that comes to mind, plus trying to fly from and to areas normally suiited for smaller airplanes.

CONCORDE: Pretty much anything that comes to mind, challenges I set myself, and also emulating "real" routes.

737 NG: Comercial flights and specially when coming or leaving Canary Islands or europe comercial airports.

KING AIR: "Bush" landing and smaller routes from difficult areas to some bigger airports.

F15: Looking for new areas and try to do some difficult things like flying slow with high angle of attack, reaching max altitudes, landing or taking off on smallest air strips etc.

Helicopter EC135: Helipads, etc. Specially on montainous areas such as Lukla to Everest basecamp, also cities, and trying to land on top of the most ridiculous things. Also some difficult piloting through narrow passages through mountains come to mind.

Some tlme ago, and still sometimes I also fly 747,777 300-ER, A320, 787, F18, CESSNA.

"Logical" flight routes I sometimes do.

I could for example represent as close as reality how a flight from some big airport into the Everest would look like starting with either a private jet to a big airport in India or a commercial flight. Then a turboprop such as the BARON or the King Air to Lukla since we don't have the planes that actually flight groups there. In some ocassions I use CESSNA to make it slower or Learjet if I fancy a challenge. From there I take a helicopter to basecamp up the hill.. And then reverse the route all the way to point of origin.

The screenshot is from the 2nd helipad (not the closest I was referring to) where I stopped on my way down to "pick up" some passengers before returning to LUKLA. You can tell how deeply detailing the scenarios IPACS has been. What an amazing job guys.

Here are the relelevant example figures. To operate a King Air one would need a commercial or airline transport licence with a Performance Category A or C qualification and an aircraft Type Rating.

The one page guide from IPACS will not make one a proficient King Air pilot. To manually plan an individual flight would take the best part of a hour to calculate the specific performance figures.

(The weight example service ceiling of the Aerofly depicted C90 King Air is 30,000 feet).

I stay corrected. Thank you for the clarification.

So this is a C90 then. Noted. I just read the description also inside the sim, which as IPACS just confirmed says it is a C90 GTx.

So then reaching FL30 speed performance is correct at the moment with the figures you presented. I wrongly assumed we were talking about the 350. My bad.

In summary you have just stated what we all say normally. Price/quality ratio is waaaaay better AEROFLY.

It's in a different league being honest. Still don't know why they don't advertise ti the other sims players. Maybe AF is waiting to add some other features but at the moment they could be gaining good traction.

By advertising I don't mean in the app market (that's a money pit).

I would suggest using some YT content creators direct advertisement. Such as mentor pilot, bush pilot 74gear etc.

Those would bring high quality users to the 10.000 user base the sim currently has in mobile. This sim deserves at least 500k user base. Minimum.

Agreed

Why?

I recon most people in other sims are not just because 1 model of airplane.

Most of the time the main factors are:

- Able to fly worldwide

- Realism

- Weather & ATC

- Airplanes

If not in that order, quite similar. Maybe I'm forgetting something but you get the point. And by that logic you can agree partially at least. Why? Imagine a "sim" with all the planes in the world... no realism, you can only fly in a region, and there is no weather or ATC... Nobody would join there. All things considered... if people jump into a different sim something really great needs to be flagged on the alternative or else they wouldn't (price + equal sim quality is 1 reason, but not all: If they for ex invested a lot in a different sim and they need to re-invest... Which is also not the case here).

Imho once this sim has ATC plus weather... then adding planes and more airports would be logical, but not the other way around business wise.

I believe I have Located the position of the Yambaitok (AYYZ) airstrip; very famous in the bush pilots social media.

I use to see those pilots fly from airstrip to airstrip in their adventures.

Since I believe you are just now working on a South Asia developments could this area be implemented?

It's as simple as a few airstrips. No need for much details since they don't have any. Although some improved terrain resolution and height elevation would also be required if a landing is going to take place in those.

The blurry brown "f" (lowercase) close o the river is actually the strip despite not looking like it. (I'll link in the next post how it actually looks)

Right now despite locating the airstrips terrain don't reflect any possible landing area (not leveled, nor plain and inclined either). It will almost all the time end up in a crash, and also looking at a very blurred terrain.

Here are the images of the location.

Pls not only scenery news🙏

Unfortunately... It seems that's exactly what they have been working on. I just found out.

See blog here:

Jet-Pack (IPACS)
    April 26, 2024 at 2:22 PM