Posts by Rhodan

Unfortunately, the question of whether the Robin can also be flown solo without a glider tow has still not been answered. Is there any more information about this please 🙏

For all those who (badly ;)) wants to fly the Robin DR400:

It is part of the Aircraft SDK from Aerofly FS4 as an example plane.

You just have to convert the Raw-format-files of the DR400 into the FS4 format and copy these files into the custom aircraft folder of FS4.

Download and description here: https://www.aerofly.com/developers/aircraft-sdk/

Then you have a nice red DR400 in the same quality like other planes from Aerofly ;)

Have fun flights! :)

Thanks for the insights...

Oh sorry, that sounds that you think i am one of the developers. It was never my intention to seem like that.:huh:

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I'm just a user, i only wanted to suggest my personal workaround to help, because i had the same issues with the throttle levers.

And about the sensitivity: I only wanted to share my thoughts what is a possible reason for the VR controls to feel so sensitive.

Unfortunately i have no experience with real manned aircrafts. I only flown RC planes and helicopters for a few years.

And that's why i can't evaluate the realism of an flight simulator.

Best regards :)

How about the extreme sensitivity in yoke & rudder when using the VR hands, is there a known way to make it less?

No i think there aren't any sensitivity adjustments for VR in Aerofly, only for Controllers and Joysticks.

But maybe the the planes are just as sensitive in reality, but in the real plane you have real yokes and flightsticks where your hands can rest on.

In VR you have to hold your hands in front of you without any support, maybe that is the reason it seems to be so sensitive.

In VTOL VR the planes are fiction and there it's no problem to adjust senstivity because there exists no real plane that have to be copied and you can adjust the placement of the flightstick for an optimal arm rest position. For a real plane simulator that obviousliy doesn't work, the sticks have to be there where they placed in the real plane.

Greetings:)

I have sometimes the same issues.

For twin (and more) engine throttles i found a workaround that works mostly.

I align the knuckles of the blue VR Hand with the two (or more) throttle levers and only grab them with the controler side button, not even with the index finger (Trigger button).

With a little patience you will find a well working position and the levers will move simultaneously.

If this don't work for you, you can also adjust the throttle with the thumbstick on the left VR controller (of course that is not that immersive), in this case all throttle levers are connected. Thumbstick forward increases, backward decreases throttle, if the throttle is full back then thumbstick back operates the wheelbrakes.

With the left Controller thumbstick you also can operate the rudder (taxi and align to runway, if you don't use extra rudderpedals)

I know VTOL VR but the cockpits there are specially made for VR usability.

In a simulation of real existing Planes probably some compromises have to be made, especially in narrow cockpits.

By the way, in the Baron i had my struggles too. ;)

As a suggestion for IPACS: For VR it's maybe better to let move the throttles always together and avoid adjusting them individually. Maybe as an switchable option?!

Kind regards :)

I can imagine it's a lot of programming work to implement a floating menu in VR and probably it is not IPACS first items on their ToDo list.

For changing views you also can customize some controller buttons, at least for a few important views.

Unfortunately that's just the best we have at the moment.

But way better a missing VR menu than a bad VR optimization and that's really one of aerofly's outstanding features.

:)

In the start locations menu with the supported airports there are park positions marked with arrows. There you have the two options "Pushback with engine running" or "push and start".

The pushback truck appears automaticaly on start.

The problem is to end the pushback in VR.

The only way that i found out is to press the toggle pushback button (Shift + P on default).

That's also the only way to request pushback if you start the airliner from "cold and dark".

Because that is annoying with the VR headset on your head, i suggest to put a cheap game controller beside you and customize the pushback toggle button to an blind easy to find button on this controller. (controls - general - simulation - toggle pushback)

By the way it is a nice thing to configure the D-Pad of the controller to move your seat position (up-down and vorward-back) in VR. That's more precise and convenient than only press the recenter button. (contols - general - views - movement)

That is the way i do it, i hope this works for you too.

Have a nice (VR) Flight! :)

Yes, in Windows it is possible to fly with mouse and keyboard if no joystick is connected.

At the bottom right corner is a square icon you can grab with the mouse and use it like a joystick for pitch and roll.

Also there is a slider on the left side for throttle and an icon for flaps.

But ist is also possible to configure freely any keyboard-key for flaps, throttle and other stuff.

I can´t imagine why it should be different in Mac-OS, but ok, maybe it is?!

Grab anywhere else on the screen with the mouse is for look around.

Works very well.

Hope that helps.

Greetings!