• hi I have noticed that my scenery shimmers more in the distance houses look fine looking out the window but when looking into the distance the scenery does seem to flicker this is in 2d mode also look down onto the top of aircraft and lines look jagged tried changing the antialiasing in graphics settings of my card which did improve the look but fps dropped to 60 normally run at 120fps so set my card back to default, inside the cockpits they are sharp even in vr just wondering if any graphic settings n my 1080 card I can adjust to help with the shimmering ,latest nvidia driver installed and running afs at 2560x1440 nice and smooth tried higher res but again fps drop.

Jim

• Have you tried deleting the 'main.mcf' file located in your documents\Aerofly FS2 folder.

At times following an update the graphics can get messed up. This may fix it for you.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• For me, Aerofly has pretty much always been a bit flickery in the distance, and moreso since the introduction of extended autogen starting with Innsbruck. But then, so is every sim unless sufficient aa is applied. (X-plane with tons of autogen is the same way unless you max out the supersampling AA)

I do find that with my Nvidia card, I can activate DSR with its default 33% smoothness, and then run Aerofly at 4K.

Flickering pretty much vanishes then, and for me at least, using my 1080, the FPS loss is acceptable. In fact, I can actually reacquire any lost FPS by reducing shadow settings if I want, but it's not really necessary.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Hi I will adjust the dsr what is dsr hopefully this will help.

thanks,jim

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5