A fan from China here. I bumped into an issue nearly two weeks ago, can’t resolve it, hence trying my luck here. Any tips would be very much appreciated.
(Apologies, some screenshots below contain Chinese due to the OS I use. Just trying to give you a glimpse of what I see)
The issue first appeared on 6th Nov.
Upon game start, FS2 crashes with an error message every time, under both VR and non-VR modes.
At the beginning I thought the crash was related to a 6.8MB game update on that same day, coz I had done nothing peculiar to my PC, and after the update the issue showed up. Was playing the game fine just days before.
However, looking at Steam and this forum, all peaceful, I see apparently this is an isolated issue with my own PC.
Then I started my investigation on this ‘wbemcomn.dll’.
I’ve seen this guidance but it doesn't really help me much.
So far I have tried these:
1. DLLCare.exe which is a DLL repair tool, did a sweep and repair, the tools says all good after the repair
2. DirectX Repair.exe v3.5, all good
3. Download a wbemcomn.dll file via DLLCare and replaced files in both System32 and SysWOW64 folders (modified dates: 16th Nov 2017)
4. Try un-register/ re-register wbemcomn.dll via cmd.exe (failed again and again up to now, below screenshot says sth like Module ‘C\...dll’ has been loaded, but cannot find entrance for DLLRegisterServer. Please ensure ‘C:\...dll’ is a valid DLL or OCX file, then try again.)
5. Validate FS2 in Steam, OK
6. Uninstall FS2 completely, download and re-install FS2 without any DLC (Though it shows last played today, the game never started)
None of the above changed a thing, unfortunately.
Currently my other games and SW’s haven’t seen the same issue. Only FS2 keeps crashing.
Just wondering if anyone has experienced sth similar before and has any tips.
Thanks very much!
My PC specs:
Windows 7 64bit SP1 ( DirectX 11 )
Intel Haswell i7-4790K @ 4.00GHz
Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 5
16 GB ( DDR3 1600MHz )
1) ADATA SP900 ( 128 GB / SSD ) for Windows and SW
2) ST3000DM001-1ER166 ( 3TB / HDD ) for files
3) ST3500413AS ( 500GB / HDD ) for games including FS2
Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 ( 3 GB ), ForceWare: v388.31 (up2date)