An 85 year old Air Force Vet meets Aerofly FS 2 VR

• My family hosted a holiday party last night, and one of the guests was an 85 year old retired Air Force colonel. He was very keen to try FS 2 in VR. He was very very impressed. He kept doing barrel rolls and deliberately crashing into the Swiss Alps lol. The last desktop flight simulator he had flown was FS2 on an Atari 800! He was amazed at how far things have come.

Before I continue, a word of warning. My dear old dad, a 25 year Navy vet, always said "You know what the difference is between a fairy tale and a sea story? One starts with 'Once upon a time' and the other starts with 'No shit, this really happened to me!'"

So my friend the colonel says that on one of his final check-rides before getting his wings he wanted to do a barrel roll. The instructor didn't want him to do it. He went ahead and did it anyway, and the instructor blacked out. He stayed that way all the way through landing! The colonel's punch line to the story: "Then the bastard tried to fail me!"

Ah, the stories old folks have to tell, if we will only listen. (I know, that must have been an awfully high -G barrel roll!)