FAF at 2000 ft: too low?

• I noticed (on the Airbus MCDU) the automated FAF is placed at 2000 ft above the airport elevation: isn't that a bit too low? Doing approaches is problematic already depending on the surroundings and having a FAF at 2000 ft doesn't help. I myself always use 3000 and so far that worked perfectly fine, also with ILS. Is there a way to change this altitide myself? I mean, in the code? I know how to change it in the plane LOL but then I still get bugged to add more drag and the green alt dot on the Airbus's PFD still drops down because the sim wants me at 2000 ft anyway. I also think this has an influence on the TOD. Maybe an idea to change this sometime? If not to 3000 than at least to 2500.

• You can just select 3000ft in the autopilot and it should stop descending and then you can arm the approach and directly capture the glide...

Right now there is no option to increase the altitude of that fix.

Its not too bad for normal approaches, e.g. into KSFO... once you hit that level off segment, just configure flaps to "2" in the 320 or "10 in the 737" and let it slow down a bit, before you put down gear at 2000ft glide slope intersect.

Regards,

Jan

• Yes, LOL, I knew all that already, I have no problems at all bringing my passengers home safely, but thanks for replying anyway. :)

Guess I'll have to wait for the ATC update and/or an editable flightplan page in the planes. ;)