How to add digital radio display to cockpit

• You'll need a numeric texture animation just like in the DR400 or like the C172 radio stack and you need to call the render function of that display.

1) add the numeric texture animation object to the graphics section of the tmd

2) find or add the texture animation where you need to add the display name followed by ".Render" into the RenderList. Make sure that texture animation is referencing the right texture file e.g. display_light or display_color (has to exist in your aircraft)

3) find the coordinates where the display should be (bottom left corner) on your texture and change the target position accordingly, set the target size to your texture size and figure out how big the display on the texture should be (target size)

4) you need a source texture, e.g. the one from the dr400 and reference where the numbers are on that texture (copy paste from dr400)

5) the input can be set for testing purposes, e.g. input 118.12

• Hi Jan

I am not sure I have understood... or maybe I am missing something.

I have copy-pasted the radio display geometry from the DR400 model and put it into my model. I have only slightly moved it forward to be in view. Exported OK, I could see the textured geometry in the sim.

Then I have copied the attached code from the DR400 - expecting it to work, as the target object geometry and UVW was the same (just moved the object). Geometry is now replaced by a number of rectangles (where the digits should be) - textured ad the backdrop.

Should that work or am I missing something important?

dr400code.txt

• to me it looks like it is doing something, so your source or target coords may be wrong...

Are you rendering to the color or to the light texture? When you render to the light you also need to make sure your input luminance is working.

You could try and use a uv test map and see what ends up on the display.