KNEL_Lakehurst in NY scenery causing FPS loss and stuttering

• Hi,

I have done a few searches and couldn't find any reference to this, so it may be limited to my own PC and installation.

When sitting on the runway at Monmouth County in the NY scenery in AFS2 the other day, I noticed when I looked left I had massive stuttering and FPS loss. Checking the FPS I noted it was in single figures. I thought it was a one off, but further testing when flying around showed that when I looked in that general direction (an arc of 90 degrees around 240 degrees from Monmouth) I got the same massive drop in performance consistently. I didn't narrow it down the other day.

I also noticed that I couldn't select KNEL Lakehust Airport as a starting position, despite it being displayed on the map. Tonight I departed from an airport west of KNEL, and as I got closer to KNEL the stuttering started again. The performance loss could be seen when facing an arc of about 90 degrees in the affected direction. As a hunch I flew directly to KNEL, and it turned out to be the source of the performance loss. Removing the "knel_lakehurst" folder from the installation confirmed that it was the problem. I haven't yet narrowed down a particular file as I have just found the problem airport.

Has anyone else seen this, or is it just my installation that has become corrupted somehow?

Cheers,

• Can you please post your system specs here.

Also, do you have the Steam version?

Two things you could try first before anything else;

1) make sure that your graphics card has the latest drivers installed. (Drivers directly from your GPU manufacturer and not ones that Windows installed through updates)

2) if running the Steam version, run a file integrity check to confirm that you don't have any corrupt files.

I'll wait for your response before going to the next steps

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hi Jeff,

My PC specs are as follows:

PC: Intel i7-2700k O/C 4.5GHz, ASRock Z77 Performance, 16GB DDR3 1333-1866 MHz, Asus Strix GEForce GTX980, Windows 7 64 bit, FSX-SE, P3D V3.4, P3D V4.3, AFS2

It is not the newest system, but it runs FSX and P3D with fairly good performance and generally runs Aerofly FS2 very well. If I remove KNEL, or even if I look away from it, I am getting between 30 and 90 FPS around New York with no stutters, or at least very few.

I had just updated my drivers recently, but to make sure I uninstalled an reinstalled them tonight. I am using driver version 398.82.

I ran the verify files function through Steam, and it replaced the KNEL folder I removed with a fresh replacement. The same problem still persists. Bad stuttering and very low FPS when facing towards KNEL and within a certain range. I also can not select KNEL as a starting position.

Cheers,

• I still suspect that there's something going on with your PC. I will try to replicate this as I have a i7/980 GPU testing laptop.

Can you please post your tm log on here so that we can take a better look.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff