Location dependent crashes - User-created scenery

• I've returned to Aerofly after several months away, and now find that it crashes (or fails to start) in some geographical locations, but not others. Roughly speaking - it runs OK in southern England, but crashes in the north. Often this can be cured by setting graphics quality to "low" - however I don't want to do this as it spoils the appearance of my scenery.

I'm at a loss to explain the above because all the locations I've tried have home-made scenery with level 9 to 15 tiles (excluding 10) - so there's no difference in that respect. It can't be the cultivation either, because some of the places where it crashes have less dense cultivation than the places where it runs OK. I thought at first it might be because I'd divided the UK up into different regions and put the tiles in different regional folders - so I took them out of the regional folders and put them directly into the "world" folder. That made no difference unfortunately.

Any ideas? (I'm flying in VR BTW.)

• drhotwing1 (IPACS) October 23, 2018 at 9:17 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Location-dependent crashes” to “Location dependent crashes - User-created scenery”.