The Open Database of Buildings - Canada

• Hi all,

For those interested:

The Open Database of Buildings - Canada

The Open Database of Buildings (ODB) is a collection of open data on buildings, primarily building footprints, and is made available under the Open Government License - Canada.

Not sure if already mentioned in the forums.

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• I imagine that OSM contributors in Canada are already importing it ;)

There are 4.3 millions of building but apparently there is only the footprint, no height (floors) information. It's a shame because this information allows a much more realistic rendering.

• I imagine that OSM contributors in Canada are already importing it ;)

There are 4.3 millions of building but apparently there is only the footprint, no height (floors) information. It's a shame because this information allows a much more realistic rendering.

But that is easily added :)

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• But that is easily added :)

Having said that, Microsoft have released US, Canadian, Tanzanian and Uganda building footprints.

All the houses within these countries are easily converted for AFS2 use, Just add building height (random) and voila :)

That leaves the commercial buildings, those are a little more work depending on the availability of building height data.

FYI for those interested, it takes 146ms (milliseconds) to change approx 253,000 values for polygons e.g. adding random building heights.

So basically, we can make millions of data changes in seconds, we just need the initial building footprint.

If only there was a way to make the buildings more country specific :)

That's my rant for the day.

Happy flying.

Handy cultivation tools