spec is

Ryzen 3600x

16 gb ram

X570 mobo

Radeon 5700 XT

HP Reverb

Win 10 pro

Running steam vr beta, steam mixed reality beta,

even at the lowest settings in game its crashing and the HP reverb goes black. back on desktop the aerofly fs window is not responding

• Hi and welcome,

How about trying this first;

1. update to the latest Radeon drivers

2. Try using only OGL renderer (not Vulkan)

3. Delete the 'main.mcf' file located in your documents\Aerofly FS 2 root folder

4. Test ONLY using a default aircraft (Cessna) and in San Francisco

Try this and let me know if your crashing stops.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• hi, ok I have tried this and it worked, no crashes, but much lower fps. I went back and tried Vulkan again and it crashed, why is it crashing on Vulkan, my system is full AMD and optimised for Vulkan ? I would like for it to be working on Vulkan,

here is the TM from my latest crash since enabling Vulkan

thanks a million

• I see your error message is exactly the same as the one I have just posted. Only seems to affect Vulkan on custom scenery at the moment. Open GL doesn’t have the issue and aircraft choice doesn’t seem to have an impact. I’ll try some other iPacs sceneries and feedback.

I have also noticed some weird graphical glitches like the f15 and MB339 pilots head being multicoloured as well as some random coloured textures on some airport buildings. Are you seeing anything similar?

• I see your error message is exactly the same as the one I have just posted. Only seems to affect Vulkan on custom scenery at the moment. Open GL doesn’t have the issue and aircraft choice doesn’t seem to have an impact. I’ll try some other iPacs sceneries and feedback.

I have also noticed some weird graphical glitches like the f15 and MB339 pilots head being multicoloured as well as some random coloured textures on some airport buildings. Are you seeing anything similar?

tbh I am not in the game long enough to notice, I get a few seconds before Iam crashed out

• Our Vulkan engine is still being developed and optimized, however along with that there are some known issues with some AMD GPU's. We will look into this but it's the same issue with AMD that we have had for a while now that we haven't worked out just yet.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Our Vulkan engine is still being developed and optimized, however along with that there are some known issues with some AMD GPU's. We will look into this but it's the same issue with AMD that we have had for a while now that we haven't worked out just yet.

thank you very much for update, if there is anything I can do to help or test, please let me know

• thank you very much for update, if there is anything I can do to help or test, please let me know

Give us a little bit and we will see what can be done here to stop the crashing

Regards,

Jeff

• donka and Ronanc

It appears that both of you are experiencing crashes with AMD GPU's but at different times.

Please do this for us;

1. change to Vulkan rendering and run Aerofly

2. select a flight ONLY with default scenery and aircraft (Cessna and San Francisco)

3. Let me know if you still crash

4. Now set up a flight however you see the crash, then immediately after the crash attach the TM log.

Regards,

Jeff

• Jeff,

I'll do this this evening when I am back home. FYI, I'm not in VR, purely on a monitor in case that has any bearing.

No bearing in this.

Regards,

Jeff

• Jeff, just tried a flight with Cessna around SF and no issues. Then tried one of the routes I normally get the issue with and no issues. Tried it a second time and still no issue. Noticed I had vsync enabled instead if limited to 120fps. Changed it to 120fps with no other changes and tried the route again and it crashed as usual.

I'll do some more testing to see if vsync is always successful or not.

Log file attached.